Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

7 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Wasn’t sure which topic to ask this in, so apologies it’s slightly off topic. 

Mate is coming to glasto for the first time and has asked if there’s anywhere that’s dedicated to guilty pleasures music? Think cheesy dance and shania Twain sorta thing. Thanks in advance 

Pretty sure there’s a guilty pleasures night at Williams green on one of the days and they might do an hour or two in the day on Thursday as well. 

9 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Mate is coming to glasto for the first time and has asked if there’s anywhere that’s dedicated to guilty pleasures music? Think cheesy dance and shania Twain sorta thing. Thanks in advance 

Sorry I got that wrong. In 2019 Guiity pleasures was on Williams Green on Thursday night, it was ultimate power and yacht rock which was in the day. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Silent Disco is an option too. It's not the best silent disco but they have an alright cheesy channel

On 3/31/2022 at 7:48 PM, kingcrawler said:

I might be misunderstanding this but have you heard he's playing the Acoustic stage or do you just mean that's where you want him to play? He's surely far too big for that even as a secret set.

Yeah sorry I was just dreaming if I’m being honest he’ll probably play before  Noel on the pyramid. That seems like a perfect spot if the rumours are true hes playing Saturday 

Just now, Bagger said:

Yeah sorry I was just dreaming if I’m being honest he’ll probably play before  Noel on the pyramid. That seems like a perfect spot if the rumours are true hes playing Saturday 

Haim are definitely on before Noel, and apparently Megan Thee Stallion on before them. Paolo’s placing remains a total head scratcher. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 9:11 AM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think this website (or the contributors to it) missed a trick on starting a festival-related podcast. I reckon there's still a space for an eFests podcast, if some or a group of people were so inclined, had the time, expertise, equipment, etc

I was genuinely considering this the other day. I’m an ex-journalist and would be confident in my ability to arrange guests and steer discussion - I’ve dabbled with producing too but very, very slow and amateur at it. Anyone want to edit a podcast? 

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I was genuinely considering this the other day. I’m an ex-journalist and would be confident in my ability to arrange guests and steer discussion - I’ve dabbled with producing too but very, very slow and amateur at it. Anyone want to edit a podcast? 

Same - I’m a current radio journalist, have made podcasts in the past, and would be very happy to do stuff - but can’t be arsed with any of the ball ache of editing, publicising, etc because I have to do enough in the day job…

Are we still unsure on Saturday Other? What about Swedish House Mafia - they would be a complete contrast to Macca and given how they were originally at Coachella are fine with not headlining? It seems nobody has heard they are doing it (or anyone else) which makes sense as they are probably quite distant from the loop of most posters on here. There’s probably something that rules them out completely but I think they would be a good alternative to Macca and logic somewhat makes sense 

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Are we still unsure on Saturday Other? What about Swedish House Mafia - they would be a complete contrast to Macca and given how they were originally at Coachella are fine with not headlining? It seems nobody has heard they are doing it (or anyone else) which makes sense as they are probably quite distant from the loop of most posters on here. There’s probably something that rules them out completely but I think they would be a good alternative to Macca and logic somewhat makes sense 

Think them being all about the $$$ is what probably rules them out tbf.

Didn’t they have their movie played a couple of years ago at the fest? and have tweeted about the festival before, so they understand the festival I believe.. but yeah they are all about the money. I’d go see them.

Edit: just looked, can’t find the tweet, I'm probably wrong

Edited by rascalpete

9 hours ago, MaxPower said:

On the basis that it isn’t 2012 I do not see this as a possibility.

Coachella wouldn't book them if they weren't still deemed fairly relevant, far stranger bookings have happened.

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Think them being all about the $$$ is what probably rules them out tbf.

Fair enough - have any of them individually / as the duo played the festival before? It would be an isolated date based on their tour anyway so definitely unlikely.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Coachella wouldn't book them if they weren't still deemed fairly relevant, far stranger bookings have happened.

Fair enough - have any of them individually / as the duo played the festival before? It would be an isolated date based on their tour anyway so definitely unlikely.

Coachella is fucking dead vibes compared to glasto, so I’d suggest it would

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, MaxPower said:

It’s actually more of a DJ set and stage production, with disco remixes of Fleetwood mac songs. Great fun

Yes this. It's a dance collective really with mixes or anything Fleetwood Mac related. It's a lot of fun. 

They also liked my post when I asked them about Glastonbury but is without doubt happening. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 10:18 AM, the wonderwhy said:

Friday
Billie Eilish (Pyramid)
Foals (Other)
Blossoms (Other)
St. Vincent
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Rufus Wainwright
Sleaford Mods (Other)
Bonobo (West Holts)
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Four Tet
Khruangbin
Crowded House
Confidence Man (Park)
TLC
Nick Mulvey (Avalon) 
Baskery (Avalon)

Saturday
Paul McCartney (Pyramid)
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds (Pyramid)
HAIM (Pyramid)
Skunk Anansie
The Waterboys (Acoustic)
Beabadoobee
Mitski
The Avalanches (Park)
Celeste (West Holts)
The Hoosiers (Avalon) 
The Longest Johns (Avalon)
Tems

Sunday
Kendrick Lamar (Pyramid)
Diana Ross (Pyramid)
Pet Shop Boys (Other)
Years & Years
Courtney Barnett
Herbie Hancock (Pyramid)
Snarky Puppy
Angelique Kidjo (Pyramid)
Clairo
Bicep (West Holts)
Nightmares on Wax (West Holts)
Turnstile
Amyl and the Sniffers
Nubya Garcia (West Holts)
Emma-Jean Thackray 
Holly Humberstone (Park)
McFly (Avalon) 
Citizens of the World choir (Avalon) 
Imelda May (Avalon) 
Ferris & Slyvester (Avalon)

Not Friday
IDLES
Charli XCX
Koffee
Elbow

Not Saturday
Arlo Parks (Park)
Wet Leg (Park)
Supergrass
Inhaler
Rina Sawayama 

Not Sunday
First Aid Kit
Leon Bridges
Little Simz (West Holts)
Metronomy
Phoebe Bridgers
Wolf Alice
girl in red

Any Day (stage confirmed)
Burna Boy (Other)
Sigrid (John Peel)
Griff (Pyramid)
Easy Life (Pyramid)

Really wish there was a way this post and its updates could be pinned to the top as I'm always searching for it?

4 hours ago, zico martin said:

Really wish there was a way this post and its updates could be pinned to the top as I'm always searching for it?

Neil has a page dedicated to this stuff tbf, which is think is mostly up to date. You can find it by going to the ‘festivals’ section of the website, searching for Glasto and clicking on ‘line up’. 

Otherwise I will try to post more regular updates 🙂 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, copperbottom said:

Have we any idea where / when Big Thief are playing? They're shaping up to be one of my must-sees - seems they're in Cologne on the 23rd and Brussels on the 28th so any day is possible really at this point.

They were on the Park in 2020 (they were on the playlist) so I would think they’d stay there. But we don’t know anything more than that, no. 

• Thanks 1