Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

😆 With the really big ones that we care about the word tends to get round anyway. And I think it was disco Sunday when the Killers played anyway.

I normally put a subtle hint in a tweet that a fan would get earlier on in the day, which using the Killers as an example i said "Somebody told me who the secret set is, but i'm trying to verify it". Gives the fans a heads up, and then I confirm it within the last hour or two of the performance. 

• Like 2

😆 With the really big ones that we care about the word tends to get round anyway. And I think it was disco Sunday when the Killers played anyway.

Yep I was at Chic even though I knew it was The Killers and I was more than happy with my choice. 

3 hours ago, mjfiddy said:

i'm thinking / hoping Emily won't want to lose her from her Park 2020 slot, and she's on there for a magical Friday or Saturday real Glasto moment headline.

Right Emily...? 🙏

Fingers crossed Friday headliner as long as it's not up against Little Simz would be great

I remember being at the JP a couple of acts before, knowing full well it was The Killers, but heading to the Pyramid to meet my Dad. Chic was a real moment and I have absolutely zero regrets! 

3 hours ago, mjfiddy said:

i'm thinking / hoping Emily won't want to lose her from her Park 2020 slot, and she's on there for a magical Friday or Saturday real Glasto moment headline.

Right Emily...? 🙏

I'm putting my hat in the double duty ring; Park headline Friday and Pyramid/Other on the Saturday. 

15 hours ago, gigpusher said:

She could but I hope she doesn't. It must be a real toss up for artists between exposure to more people and getting a really great gig but if you put her somewhere like The Park there's a chance it's something magical, on the Pyramid I suspect unless you get right to the front it might not have the same impact. 

Its not always up to the artist, thats what the agent is for. If she ends up on Pyramid then in the future if/when she comes back then itll give her a bit more clout to work with. How often have Park headliners returned to get a solid Pyramid or Other slot?

16 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Its not always up to the artist, thats what the agent is for. If she ends up on Pyramid then in the future if/when she comes back then itll give her a bit more clout to work with. How often have Park headliners returned to get a solid Pyramid or Other slot?

It's still a choice/decision for agent/manager to make then would a lacklustre performance to more people be better than an epic performance to fewer people. Would a night performance be better than an afternoon performance. Also down to what they are offered in the first place I suppose. 

12 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Fingers crossed Friday headliner as long as it's not up against Little Simz would be great

12 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I'm putting my hat in the double duty ring; Park headline Friday and Pyramid/Other on the Saturday

image.gif.5443da837fdb741ce1adb57c555ebe6b.gif

18 hours ago, sisco said:

I think she will be on it.  Got my top 4’s on the pyramid as:

Billie, Doja, Wolf Alice, Phoebe Bridgers

Macca, NGHFB, HAIM, Olivia Rodrigo

Kendrick, Lorde, Elbow, Diana Ross

Don't usually make predictions or comment on other people's cus I don't know dick, but Bridgers stands out to me a bit there as the only one who doesn't have at least one big Radio hit that an unknowing audience would go "oh her" for. Silk Chiffon maybe but she'll unlikely play that. I know it's not a rule for acts to have something like that but it feels more common than not.

I can see her on a good high profile slot on any other stage with an audience filled with her many rabid fans. Mostly filled by this forum.

16 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Don't usually make predictions or comment on other people's cus I don't know dick, but Bridgers stands out to me a bit there as the only one who doesn't have at least one big Radio hit that an unknowing audience would go "oh her" for. Silk Chiffon maybe but she'll unlikely play that. I know it's not a rule for acts to have something like that but it feels more common than not.

I can see her on a good high profile slot on any other stage with an audience filled with her many rabid fans. Mostly filled by this forum.

And 6 Music listeners. TBH that's kind of my thoughts I really don't know how well she would go over on a bigger stage. 

20 minutes ago, 1986 said:

It’s all pretty much guesswork so tear it apart I don’t mind.  Love seeing predictions myself and enjoy being part of it.  So many acts are hard to place this year so I think we’ll get quite a few shocks

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

It’s all pretty much guesswork so tear it apart I don’t mind.  Love seeing predictions myself and enjoy being part of it.  So many acts are hard to place this year so I think we’ll get quite a few shocks

I agree. there are so many acts that feel perfect fits for certain stages but there does not seem to be any room for them. I can see The Other stage mopping up a few acts who cannot find room at The Park or JP

6 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I could see Olivia doing the Sunday miley slot from 19 unless I've missed something and she's ruled out that day 

Doja subbing Billie makes sense 

Think it’s pretty established that the Sunday pyramid is. Mathematically Olivia makes more sense for Fri/Sat. But I’d put her on the Friday. 

Kendrick / Lorde / Elbow / Diana

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Think it’s pretty established that the Sunday pyramid is. Mathematically Olivia makes more sense for Fri/Sat. But I’d put her on the Friday. 

Kendrick / Lorde / Elbow / Diana

Got to be the worst Sunday run I've seen. No interest in the legend at all.