Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

Nothing new to report, but here's where we start the week... 

Friday
Billie Eilish (Pyramid)
Foals (Other)
Blossoms (Other)
St. Vincent
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Rufus Wainwright
Sleaford Mods (Other)
Bonobo (West Holts)
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Four Tet
Khruangbin
Crowded House
Confidence Man (Park)
TLC

Saturday
Paul McCartney (Pyramid)
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds (Pyramid)
HAIM (Pyramid)
Skunk Anansie
The Waterboys (Acoustic)
Beabadoobee
Mitski
The Avalanches (Park)
Celeste (West Holts)

Sunday
Kendrick Lamar (Pyramid)
Diana Ross (Pyramid)
Pet Shop Boys (Other)
Years & Years
Courtney Barnett
Herbie Hancock
Snarky Puppy
Angelique Kidjo
Clairo
Bicep (West Holts)
Nightmares on Wax (West Holts)
Turnstile
Amyl and the Sniffers
Nubya Garcia
Emma-Jean Thackray 
Holly Humberstone (Park)

Not Friday
IDLES
Charli XCX
Koffee
Elbow

Not Saturday
Arlo Parks (Park)
Wet Leg (Park)
Supergrass
Inhaler
Rina Sawayama 

Not Sunday
First Aid Kit
Leon Bridges
Little Simz (West Holts)
Metronomy
Phoebe Bridgers
Wolf Alice
girl in red

Any Day (stage confirmed)
Burna Boy (Other)
Sigrid (John Peel)
Griff (Pyramid)
Easy Life (Pyramid)

• Thanks 4

22 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I’m not saying he doesn’t have fans I just think it’s a stretch to say he’s in a similar position to where he was in 2014. I’m guilty of this too because 2014 doesn’t feel that long ago, but I don’t think we can judge positions off where people were eight years ago, that’s all I’m saying.  I think the festival scene has changed massively even from 2013. I also think we are soon hitting a time where acts who were big in the late 00s/early 10s don’t have the same pull as they did back then. 

Even in 2014 he was riding a high with caustic love and was lowballed with an other sub slot. I just don’t think there’s a precedent for him getting big slots at the festival. 

Why can we do that with Adele but not Nutini? 

His fans are still there being dormant, just the same. 

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There were several names in the mix. It wasn't until the actual day before enough solid info came in to tweet it out.

I don't think i looked at phone from from Wednesday till the end of the festival really, so it was surprise for me

31 minutes ago, stuie said:

Because Adele is literally one of the biggest selling artists of all time and could probably sell out stadiums in every country on the planet (where there are stadiums). 

It’s a bit of a poor comparison. Adele’s 25 was still topping/high up on year end sales lists throughout the whole of those eight years.

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Because Adele is literally one of the biggest selling artists of all time and could probably sell out stadiums in every country on the planet (where there are stadiums). 

It’s a bit of a poor comparison. Adele’s 25 was still topping/high up on year end sales lists throughout the whole of those eight years.

Clearly they are in different leagues in terms of metrics but I'm not sure why one can take time out and retain their fans but the other one can't, that's all. 

52 minutes ago, stuie said:

Adele is a surefire headliner, she could cut her sales figures in half and still be that because she is just so big. Paolo hovers around the high end of the undercard, any hit at all to him will be seen in his placements.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Clearly they are in different leagues in terms of metrics but I'm not sure why one can take time out and retain their fans but the other one can't, that's all. 

It's probably to do with the number of fans. if have a shit ton and lose some you still have loads.

• Upvote 1

On 4/7/2022 at 4:56 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd say it's roughly 50/50 tweets that are sent out on the day based on a thread on here, and the rest are info that come up during the festival.  What do you think the ratio is, @mr flow

Yeah, i'd say that's pretty spot on. We usually know the majority prior to the festival, or have a very educated guess, but we usually get 100% confirmation within 24 hours of the performance. I always resist tweeting anything until I am 100% confident, and time the tweets to try and not make it a health and safety issue, by thousands of people rushing to go to a small stage.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Because Adele’s music is still being played everywhere / featured in the media and she doesn’t have to do anything. If you think Adele / Paolo are comparable you are either overestimating paolo’s size to a stupid amount, or not quite sure how big Adele is.

It’s like comparing The Rolling Stones to the Vaccines.

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

It's probably to do with the number of fans. if have a shit ton and lose some you still have loads.

Exactly. Extremely established acts can take as long as they like. But for Paolo who is a bit more low-key, a big break is way more damaging.

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Because Adele’s music is still being played everywhere / featured in the media and she doesn’t have to do anything. If you think Adele / Paolo are comparable you are either overestimating paolo’s size to a stupid amount, or not quite sure how big Adele is.

It’s like comparing The Rolling Stones to the Vaccines.

You know I’m not suggesting they are comparable in size. I’m suggesting that he still has a fanbase that will buy/stream a new album, when he releases it, that means he could quite easily occupy a similar position to 8 years ago. 

1 hour ago, mr flow said:

Yeah, i'd say that's pretty spot on. We usually know the majority prior to the festival, or have a very educated guess, but we usually get 100% confirmation within 24 hours of the performance. I always resist tweeting anything until I am 100% confident, and time the tweets to try and not make it a health and safety issue, by thousands of people rushing to go to a small stage.

Yeah, and people may not realise this, but when there's a massive act somewhere (e.g. Killers), there's a group chat between all the Secretglasto alumni as we agonise over timing, balancing health& safety Vs making sure big fans are unlikely to miss out.

So we sometimes seem to be behind the times, but it's often deliberate.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, and people may not realise this, but when there's a massive act somewhere (e.g. Killers), there's a group chat between all the Secretglasto alumni as we agonise over timing, balancing health& safety Vs making sure big fans are unlikely to miss out.

Interesting, never really considered the reasoning behind the tweets.

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Basically what your saying is you make sure you have a great spot before you let everyone else know 😄 

Just now, Suprefan said:

I mean if Phoebe is getting main stage at Coachella  and in the evening I might add, then surely she might be vying for a Pyramid spot.

I think she will be on it.  Got my top 4’s on the pyramid as:

Billie, Doja, Wolf Alice, Phoebe Bridgers

Macca, NGHFB, HAIM, Olivia Rodrigo

Kendrick, Lorde, Elbow, Diana Ross

35 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I mean if Phoebe is getting main stage at Coachella  and in the evening I might add, then surely she might be vying for a Pyramid spot.

She could but I hope she doesn't. It must be a real toss up for artists between exposure to more people and getting a really great gig but if you put her somewhere like The Park there's a chance it's something magical, on the Pyramid I suspect unless you get right to the front it might not have the same impact. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

She could but I hope she doesn't. It must be a real toss up for artists between exposure to more people and getting a really great gig but if you put her somewhere like The Park there's a chance it's something magical, on the Pyramid I suspect unless you get right to the front it might not have the same impact. 

i'm thinking / hoping Emily won't want to lose her from her Park 2020 slot, and she's on there for a magical Friday or Saturday real Glasto moment headline.

Right Emily...? 🙏

16 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I agree, I wonder if Phoebe would get lost in the afternoon on the Pyramid. If ever there was an act suited to play The Park it's Phoebe Bridgers. Still if it's double Phoebe on the Friday and saturday I shall not complain