Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

afraid not i think unless something drastic happens

Gah! 😩

That’s pretty much what I thought.

The missus only *must* watch is BE, 95% of the rest of the weekend will be my “suggestions”, but desperate to see Foals…

👴 stay single kids…

Edited by BigMarv

2 minutes ago, BigMarv said:

Gah! 😩

The missus only *must* watch is BE, 95% of the rest of the weekend will be my “suggestions”, but desperate to see Foals…

Foals are always about in the UK at least and it will be much cheaper to see them elsewhere than it would be to see Billie Eilish elsewhere at least.

3 hours ago, BigMarv said:

Gah! 😩

👴 stay single kids…

In my glass half full world, everyone misses 99% of the festival, so if a sliver of that 99% is in the service of making someone you care about happy, that’s a win, right?

Or just bin her off and meet her by the ice cream truck later 🤪

• Upvote 1

Going to predict Paolo is playing way lower than we are expecting him to. I’ve just seen he’s playing that Mad Cool spin off festival in Spain in an extremely low slot. I’m pretty sure he used to take big billings across the whole of Europe?

I’m going to predict he’s either a TBA in the JP, a JP headliner, or third down other stage. A headline slot at Victorious festival really isn’t much to go on when predicting someone’s size. We wouldn’t think of Madness as a high billing at the festival this year.

2014 was eight years ago and he’s not done much since. I think we are in for a surprise. 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Going to predict Paolo is playing way lower than we are expecting him to. I’ve just seen he’s playing that Mad Cool spin off festival in Spain in an extremely low slot. I’m pretty sure he used to take big billings across the whole of Europe?

I’m going to predict he’s either a TBA in the JP, a JP headliner, or third down other stage. A headline slot at Victorious festival really isn’t much to go on when predicting someone’s size. We wouldn’t think of Madness as a high billing at the festival this year.

2014 was eight years ago and he’s not done much since. I think we are in for a surprise. 

I wouldn’t go off Spanish lineups. I saw half of a Lewis Capaldi set at Mad Cool with about 50 other people when he was the first act on the 3rd stage. 2 weeks prior, he’d he packed out the Other Stage field. 

Having said that, those are pretty big slots. Are people claiming he’ll be higher than that? He’s not going to be headlining the Other Stage. Secret set seems quite likely. 

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

In 2015 he headlined the tent at pukkelpop the same slot that The Parov Stelar Band got. In 2014 he was before arctic monkeys and netsky at rock werchter. The same slot Franz ferdinand had. At pinkpop 2014 he subbed the second stage below Robert plant. Opposite editors. The same slot Joe Bonamassa and jake bugg had. 

His billing at the mad cool spin off seems like it could be in line with everything else

Edit: also madness only headlined the Friday which is typically a smaller day for Victorious 

Edited by Muppetmark

4 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

In 2015 he headlined the tent at pukkelpop the same slot that The Parov Stelar Band got. In 2014 he was before arctic monkeys and netsky at rock werchter. The same slot Franz ferdinand had. At pinkpop 2014 he subbed the second stage below Robert plant. Opposite editors. The same slot Joe Bonamassa and jake bugg had. 

His billing at the mad cool spin off seems like it could be in line with everything else

Edit: also madness only headlined the Friday which is typically a smaller day for Victorious 

Yeah tbf in recent years:

The Streets - JP header and was rammed

Royal Blood - Would prob sub or headline other

Sam Fender - who is huge at the min

New Order - headlined other

I’d suggest Victorious Headliners do ok at Glastonbury 

If Matt’s info is correct on Megan being fourth down the Pyramid on the Saturday then I’m gonna stick with my inkling of Paolo being a ‘special guest’ kind of deal on Other like Liam Gallagher was in 2017. I’m gonna assume he doesn’t have any new material to perform/promote so an hour of the hits in a slot like that would be a good way for him to play the festival before getting a bigger slot in a couple of years when he eventually does have new stuff to play. 

A secret JP slot could work too as well, although at this moment in time he perhaps doesn’t seem quite big enough for that considering the acts they’ve been getting to do that shit in recent years. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If Matt’s info is correct on Megan being fourth down the Pyramid on the Saturday then I’m gonna stick with my inkling of Paolo being a ‘special guest’ kind of deal on Other like Liam Gallagher was in 2017. I’m gonna assume he doesn’t have any new material to perform/promote so an hour of the hits in a slot like that would be a good way for him to play the festival before getting a bigger slot in a couple of years when he eventually does have new stuff to play. 

A secret JP slot could work too as well, although at this moment in time he perhaps doesn’t seem quite big enough for that considering the acts they’ve been getting to do that shit in recent years. 

Yeah him in the Liam gallagher slot against Megan would work well 

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Still convinced she’s headlining the other stage vs Macca

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Still convinced she’s headlining the other stage vs Macca

I’m inclined to believe Matt’s info on this one, although with that said, if Megan is on the Pyramid (as well as Doja) then I don’t have a clue who could possibly be taking that Other slot, other than somebody yet to be announced. One of Megan or Doja would’ve made so much sense though, and considering both bits of info on them being on the Pyramid have conveniently come from Matt, I guess we shall see. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m inclined to believe Matt’s info on this one, although with that said, if Megan is on the Pyramid (as well as Doja) then I don’t have a clue who could possibly be taking that Other slot, other than somebody yet to be announced. One of Megan or Doja would’ve made so much sense though, and considering both bits of info on them being on the Pyramid have conveniently come from Matt, I guess we shall see. 

Could just end up being Lorde

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t see it myself, although with a lack of anybody else realistic I guess it’s a very real possibility.

I think that Sunday looks set with - Kendrick, Lorde, Elbow, Diana Ross

Im sticking to Meg or Doja being up against Macca 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’ve just realised the festival is what, 2 months away? Unless he has a surprise release I think it’s unlikely his album will be out before the festival. 

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve just realised the festival is what, 2 months away? Unless he has a surprise release I think it’s unlikely his album will be out before the festival. 

Yeah I’m not expecting anything new from him for these summer dates tbh which is why I think a special guest slot of sorts would be suited better for him this year. Can come back like third on the Pyramid in ‘24 with a new album. 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I’m not expecting anything new from him for these summer dates tbh which is why I think a special guest slot of sorts would be suited better for him this year. Can come back like third on the Pyramid in ‘24 with a new album. 

Hmmm I feel like he’s genuinely not on track to have bigger slots than he did in the 2010s. I think he’s left it too long between albums and it’s a lazy booking to pretend he’s on an upward trajectory. 

50 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hmmm I feel like he’s genuinely not on track to have bigger slots than he did in the 2010s. I think he’s left it too long between albums and it’s a lazy booking to pretend he’s on an upward trajectory. 

I mean it would be a bit hard for him to be on track given that he hasn't released anything yet... He's got a lot of buzz for someone who hasn't really done anything of note for a few years other than banter with Lewis Capaldi

10 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean it would be a bit hard for him to be on track given that he hasn't released anything yet... He's got a lot of buzz for someone who hasn't really done anything of note for a few years other than banter with Lewis Capaldi

Has he got a lot of buzz behind him? Maybe on here but I haven’t heard anyone mention him outside of this forum.