Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

38 minutes ago, stuie said:

Poor Flo.  Do you think she'd settle for being on the reserve bench again though?

I'm guessing they'd have given her assurances that she's next in line.

If the festival want more than one female headliner they could easily pair her with either Taylor or Dua in the next couple of years without too much opposition.

4 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Im always pretty shocked Florence is still headliner sized tbh, didn’t realise her popularity had persisted. Not sure I know a song released after Lungs tbh.

I’d agree I don’t think she is as big as draw as she used to be, I think other headliner more likely in the future just don’t see her getting a second shot at the pyramid. That’s was a strange night for me at Glasto when she did headline as it’s one time I really don’t think I wanted to see any of the headliners l, not even sure what I saw, wasn’t Flo

On 4/6/2022 at 12:21 PM, Matt42 said:

Don’t worry I think this is a good opportunity for me to probably duck out of this place for a long while. I think tonight i’l make a note not to come back here until after the festival when everyone is in a good mood. Could probably do with a break anyway.

Have a good festival everyone!

Maybe check out her newly released stuff. I'm not a Florence fan at all but i really like it.  Especially Heaven is Here. 

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'm guessing they'd have given her assurances that she's next in line.

If the festival want more than one female headliner they could easily pair her with either Taylor or Dua in the next couple of years without too much opposition.

Taylor Swift, Artic Monkeys, Florence and the Machine seems very plausible

Although I wouldn't see any of them

If the bizarre rumour that AM is playing a secret set this year are true I reckon they aren’t in line for 2023, and probably in the bin of “would have headlined in 2022 if there wasn’t a backlog”. If they were desperate to play they could just wait until 2023.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If the bizarre rumour that AM is playing a secret set this year are true I reckon they aren’t in line for 2023, and probably in the bin of “would have headlined in 2022 if there wasn’t a backlog”. If they were desperate to play they could just wait until 2023.

They're not even active until August and there's no album release date yet so 2023 was always much more likely and 2022 wasn't remotely on the cards. The secret set rumour is almost certainly complete nonsense so I wouldn't be developing theories based on it. 

26 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

They're not even active until August and there's no album release date yet so 2023 was always much more likely and 2022 wasn't remotely on the cards. The secret set rumour is almost certainly complete nonsense so I wouldn't be developing theories based on it. 

Yeah maybe, I know it’s only April but at the moment they are remaining limited with the dates they are doing. Does line them up to hit the 2023 market a bit harder.

While they are an incredibly likely act to do it, they’ve only done Glasto twice and missed it on many album cycles. Then being active does not equal definitely at Glastonbury. 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah maybe, I know it’s only April but at the moment they are remaining limited with the dates they are doing. Does line them up to hit the 2023 market a bit harder.

While they are an incredibly likely act to do it, they’ve only done Glasto twice and missed it on many album cycles. Then being active does not equal definitely at Glastonbury. 

Yeah, definitely lined up way better for 2023. August is just when they've decided to start the tour and the limited dates in the 2022 festival season are a result of that. 

They played Glasto very early in their career (album 2 - 2007) and it was obviously way too soon to return on album 3 and 4 (2009-2011). Then they headlined again just before album 5 (2013) and album 6 was a fallow year (2018). So I wouldn't say they've missed it on many cycles. Next year will be the next time it's made any sense/fit with their dates.

9 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

It was well known on here, but down the front there were very few libertines fans so it made it a bit of a shit gig

My group are all big Libertines fans, and even though I use this forum, we didn't get confirmation it was them until earlier in the day, I can remember getting a text from a mate during Cribs when they were playing Other, so it was fairly well kept quiet I reckon. Killers & Foals secret sets were an open secret before the festival on the other hand it felt.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Foals was a funny one because I’m pretty sure we were talking about them doing a secret set before we even got the lineup. Just seemed like such a certainty for some reason.

Yeah, it felt nailed on from their Glasto gap, and their love for the festival. Plus I think it was helped by the fact they had previously done a secret set at Reading (which went down really well), and they're a pretty perfect band for that kind of slot

2010. I remember knowing about Biffy Clyro because of the flags. Missed Thom and Johnny. First I heard of it was a couple of our group who had decided to go and see who it was coming back absolutely ecstatic and the rest of us being gutted.

The Libertines on the pyramid was well known I thought. I remember them posting a picture of the site from a helicopter on their social media at some point earlier in the day.

31 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I love Florence but I'm honestly shocked she's still headline size. Her arena tour doesn't seem to be selling brilliantly, and co-headlined with The National at BST

It doesn't mean she will get booked though, I think she'd be a very weak booking for 2023 - I think she's taking a similar path to The Strokes and only taking headline slots less frequently to up hold that billing.

4 hours ago, Barneym said:

I’d agree I don’t think she is as big as draw as she used to be, I think other headliner more likely in the future just don’t see her getting a second shot at the pyramid. That’s was a strange night for me at Glasto when she did headline as it’s one time I really don’t think I wanted to see any of the headliners l, not even sure what I saw, wasn’t Flo

Hot Chip surely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

It doesn't mean she will get booked though, I think she'd be a very weak booking for 2023 - I think she's taking a similar path to The Strokes and only taking headline slots less frequently to up hold that billing.

She's never really played festivals frequently anyway tbh 

18 minutes ago, Homer said:

Hot Chip surely.

I’m sure I would have wanted to go to that, who knows, 2015 is definitely my least favourite Glasto out of the ones I’ve been to, wasn’t feeling great for a couple of days and had a really weird split in our group which just seemed to involve trying to meet people all the time. After this year I made a note to stop caring or planning too much and just go with what’s happening.

42 minutes ago, hez said:

2010. I remember knowing about Biffy Clyro because of the flags. Missed Thom and Johnny. First I heard of it was a couple of our group who had decided to go and see who it was coming back absolutely ecstatic and the rest of us being gutted.

The Libertines on the pyramid was well known I thought. I remember them posting a picture of the site from a helicopter on their social media at some point earlier in the day.

The Libertines info came out very early. Even by Wed afternoon it was a huge rumor

39 minutes ago, hez said:

I was lucky enough for a band I really wanted to see being on before (The Big Pink) so we just stuck around, with no idea who was coming on. I remember they soundchecked everything and there was the acoustic and piano which made me wonder, then when they did that distinctive drum sound that he used on Idioteque came on I got it immediately and was just like "surely not", obviously expecting a full Radiohead set. It was incredible, especially the Karma Police / Street Spirit bit which I'd watched many times on TV and always imagined being at. 

I also remember the Libertines helicopter post - I'd been keeping an eye out as I remember Foals were also a rumour, and wanted to know as I would've not bothered if it was them. Really enjoyed the gig - the only time I've enjoyed watching them actually. Watching back it wasn't as good as I remember it because I just don't think they're very good live outdoors, but I loved it at the time and that's all that matters!