Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

I remember I the days before the full social media hype, Biffy Clyro were handing out flags announcing their park secret set. 

Pretty sure Alex from Franz Ferdinand was also flyering one year when they played a secret set. 

The Crows Nest write there’s on a chalk board out front every morning, before they posted them on Twitter, one of your group would have to go up  to see who was on. 

20 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I'm calling BS.

If you zoom in on the image you can see dots the whole way down except for the two messages (and an inconsistent area beside the two messages).

Open the image in a new tab, increase the zoom to around 400X and turn up your brightness and you'll see what I mean.

image.png

Ah no I've been cucked! 

53 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I'm calling BS.

If you zoom in on the image you can see dots the whole way down except for the two messages (and an inconsistent area beside the two messages).

Open the image in a new tab, increase the zoom to around 400X and turn up your brightness and you'll see what I mean.

image.png

Curse these confounded April's fools jokes.

Someone is going to get hurt!

4 hours ago, TiZuff said:

arcade fire secret set.. dont make me dream. apart from di-ro id pretty much miss anyone to see them if they played the usual secret set times.

Newbie here *alert* 

But what/where are the usual secret sets?

2 minutes ago, am00 said:

Newbie here *alert* 

But what/where are the usual secret sets?

There isn’t really an allotted time or place and they’re usually listed on the full lineup as ‘Special Guest’. The Park has had the most in terms of big acts I believe, and the John Peel had The Killers so wouldn’t be surprised to see more happen there.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

I don’t recall the libertines being that big a secret. Pretty sure it was well known the day before.

Yeah there were definitely rumblings of it the day before and then pretty much agreement across site that it was them on the day. Maybe if you stayed away from the internet you wouldn’t have a clue, but I don’t recall being surprised it was them. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I don’t recall the libertines being that big a secret. Pretty sure it was well known the day before.

My memory is that the first time anyone was confident on them was when "Albion" appeared on an internal running order for the stage - not sure whether that was the day before or morning of, but it was late enough that a fair few people in the field were surprised.

4 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Just been sent this 

2BA9CA83-92F4-48C6-A929-F4C195635E87.png

So we saying this is legit or not? Feels like a bit of a low booking for them and weird to say "3rd on other stage" rather than just other stage - maybe i'm reading into it too much

20 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

So we saying this is legit or not? Feels like a bit of a low booking for them and weird to say "3rd on other stage" rather than just other stage - maybe i'm reading into it too much

Maybe read the other comments here

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/238609-who’s-playing-what-day/page/68/

2 hours ago, incident said:

My memory is that the first time anyone was confident on them was when "Albion" appeared on an internal running order for the stage - not sure whether that was the day before or morning of, but it was late enough that a fair few people in the field were surprised.

Don't think was about the day before, someone I was with found it on twitter that morning and I seem to recall it being new at that point.

The Killers in '17 on the other hand was an open secret at least as early as my volunteering coach down on the Tuesday afternoon.

So the Florence day is on the day that Springsteen was meant to be doing a gig. Healthy replacement tbh. 

I imagine this doesn’t exactly mean she’s unlikely to pop up at Glastonbury but a gig on Sunday means it’s more likely Friday or nothing? Or is getting to Belgium quite easy?

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So the Florence day is on the day that Springsteen was meant to be doing a gig. Healthy replacement tbh. 

I imagine this doesn’t exactly mean she’s unlikely to pop up at Glastonbury but a gig on Sunday means it’s more likely Friday or nothing? Or is getting to Belgium quite easy?

Well Sleefords are playing Glasto Friday and there Saturday. And Courtney Barnett is playing there Saturday and Glasto Sunday, so it’s a well trodden path and easily doable