Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

I would imagine Neil can immediately tell if they’re alt accounts based on IP and email addresses; which to share would breach data protection and IMO is worse than banning people for what he deems as stupid behaviour.

Cliques and close mindedness is what stops the forum getting busier and more engaging - and ultimately if Neil was as bad as you were all saying, he’d just ban you all for speaking out at him.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah that’s not cool, TWW is a good sort and doesn’t deserve that sort of treatment. Didn’t see the thread myself, just saw the word “Mike” and knew it would be for me.

There seems to be two major issues at the moment - over zealous modding and the influx of idiots coming over just to start trouble. Problem is that one bleeds into the other, the more idiots we get the itchier Neil’s trigger finger gets and vice versa.

I’m not sure what the solution is, maybe we need to accept that a little bit of silliness really isn’t that bad. Threads about crisps for instance really weren’t hurting anyone or the forum in general, we should be able to differentiate between a bit of fun and those who are genuinely trolling. At the same time I fully appreciate Neil needs to look after his livelihood.

One idea could be to spread the modding responsibility out a little so Neil isn’t having to do it all by himself. I spend half my life on here so am happy to help out and I promise not to be too tyrannical (I will ban Matt every time he mentions Tik Tok though).

Yeah agree entirely. Unsure why every post has to be dead serious discussion, feels like long term users are being banned willy nilly, and maybe some people do actually like Mika.

Saying that obvs (VPNs aside) Neil would be able to see who is making sock/alt accounts mind (IP Address, MAC address maybe) which is absolutely embarrassing behaviour tbh so fair enough id probs ban too.

Edited by MaxPower

1 minute ago, Neil said:

you've got the wrong end of things here, you seem to have the belief that cluttering up this topic with you pleading for an idiot is a good thing. the wonderwhy has been treated on his actions.

Whoever actually made those alt accounts is probably finding it hilarious that you have reacted like this and banned someone totally unrelated to it all. You don't do yrself any favours.

4 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Yeah agree entirely. Unsure why every post has to be dead serious discussion, feels like long term users are being banned willy nilly, and maybe some people do actually like Mika.

Saying that obvs (VPNs aside) Neil would be able to see who is making sock/alt accounts mind (IP Address, MAC address maybe) which is absolutely embarrassing behaviour tbh so fair enough id probs ban too.

Funnily enough the person who makes almost all the alt accounts still has use of and posts regularly from their main account.

@NeilYou've now banned Ddiamond who has been a regular poster since 2008? What is your justification for this? It's absolutely crazy how you are trying to derail your own site. Is he also responsible for all the alt accounts, in addition to the wonderwhy? 

5 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I would imagine Neil can immediately tell if they’re alt accounts based on IP and email addresses; which to share would breach data protection and IMO is worse than banning people for what he deems as stupid behaviour.

Cliques and close mindedness is what stops the forum getting busier and more engaging - and ultimately if Neil was as bad as you were all saying, he’d just ban you all for speaking out at him.

Care to explain why he’s banned Ddiamondd for ‘posting lies’ then? 

5 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

little bit of silliness really isn’t that bad.

i agree, but thats not what is happening, people are starting idiot topics to try and spoil the forums for everyone.

Just now, The Martini Police said:

Care to explain why he’s banned Ddiamondd for ‘posting lies’ then? 

because he posted lies and him posting lieas didn't help this problem go away, he added to the problem.

5 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

As I'm not remotely arsed about getting axed for speaking the truth, let me fill in for this.

Thewonderwhy started a thread on Saturday asking if Mika might play the fest off the back of their great Eurovision performance. Someone other unrelated boarder then came in the thread, pissed, and started spamming loads of silly stuff. 

@Neil, in all his infinite 'wisdom', deleted the thread and banned thewonderwhy — a 15,000+ poster with years of positive contributions on a daily basis, including keeping the stage splits up here — for no reason at all. He just started a thread someone else soiled and copped the blame. (The account making daft posts is unbanned as well, btw)

TWW should be reinstated. Else it's yet more scattergun behaviour from a site owner who only serves to cater to the same 100-odd people he recognises from the meet. Everyone else is collateral damage to be insulted or deleted at will. It's sour.

This user of 14 years, who provides regular useful insight from within the music industry, has now been banned for “posting lies” when everything in this post is true.

Hi all, Ddiamondd here. Been on the forum since 2008 — managed to cycle through four entire age brackets in the recent poll, from 15-17 (then) to 26-30 (now). Took a bullet for pushing back on the maniacal bully who runs the forum.

Guess no more early and consistent intel about the dance stages, no more thorough guides to all electronic acts on the bill for curious posters, no more Hurt/Heal assists, no more anything I suppose now. See how Neil values long, long-standing contributors. Even chipped into his recovery fund, fancy that!

End of the line now. It's been real. Have a fun Glasto.

• Upvote 9

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah that’s not cool, TWW is a good sort and doesn’t deserve that sort of treatment. Didn’t see the thread myself, just saw the word “Mike” and knew it would be for me.

There seems to be two major issues at the moment - over zealous modding and the influx of idiots coming over just to start trouble. Problem is that one bleeds into the other, the more idiots we get the itchier Neil’s trigger finger gets and vice versa.

I’m not sure what the solution is, maybe we need to accept that a little bit of silliness really isn’t that bad. Threads about crisps for instance really weren’t hurting anyone or the forum in general, we should be able to differentiate between a bit of fun and those who are genuinely trolling. At the same time I fully appreciate Neil needs to look after his livelihood.

One idea could be to spread the modding responsibility out a little so Neil isn’t having to do it all by himself. I spend half my life on here so am happy to help out and I promise not to be too tyrannical (I will ban Matt every time he mentions Tik Tok though).

On the crisps threads, I’m not sure why they weren’t allowed yet there’s threads on the first page just now about tv programmes, marvel and how old everyone is, none of of which are related to Glastonbury. I can’t say I was too interested in the crisp threads but it’s pretty easy to just not click on them, much like how I’m not really interested in marvel so don’t look at that thread but I’m aware others enjoy it and I have no complaints about it existing.

1 minute ago, RIP the Dd said:

Hi all, Ddiamondd here. Been on the forum since 2008 — managed to cycle through four entire age brackets in the recent poll, from 15-17 (then) to 26-30 (now). Took a bullet for pushing back on the maniacal bully who runs the forum.

Guess no more early and consistent intel about the dance stages, no more thorough guides to all electronic acts on the bill for curious posters, no more Hurt/Heal assists, no more anything I suppose now. See how Neil values long, long-standing contributors. Even chipped into his recovery fund, fancy that!

Look forward to catching your long reads etc elsewhere. You're a good egg x

3 minutes ago, RIP the Dd said:

Don't go too far mate, I still owe you a pint at the fest.

10 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Is he also responsible for all the alt accounts, in addition to the wonderwhy? 

the people with alt accounts know who they are, same as the forums knows who they are, hes also responsible for idiot posting, if people won't take responsibility for their posts i'm not going to take it for them.

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

the people with alt accounts know who they are, same as the forums knows who they are, hes also responsible for idiot posting, if people won't take responsibility for their posts i'm not going to take it for them.

Are you seriously saying suggesting an act for Glastonbury is idiot posting? People post about acts plenty of us aren't fans of all the time. It was more relevant to Glastonbury than many threads on here, and considering he was on Eurovision over the weekend, the timing is very relevant too. You need to stop thinking that absolutely everyone is against you because a very small number of people like to be silly to wind you up.

Edited by The Martini Police