Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

3 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

As I'm not remotely arsed about getting axed for speaking the truth, let me fill in for this.

Thewonderwhy started a thread on Saturday asking if Mika might play the fest off the back of their great Eurovision performance. Someone other unrelated boarder then came in the thread, pissed, and started spamming loads of silly stuff. 

@Neil, in all his infinite 'wisdom', deleted the thread and banned thewonderwhy — a 15,000+ poster with years of positive contributions on a daily basis, including keeping the stage splits up here — for no reason at all. He just started a thread someone else soiled and copped the blame. (The account making daft posts is unbanned as well, btw)

TWW should be reinstated. Else it's yet more scattergun behaviour from a site owner who only serves to cater to the same 100-odd people he recognises from the meet. Everyone else is collateral damage to be insulted or deleted at will. It's sour.

No scattergun, all of the idiot posters banned recently have been complained about by other users here, they aren't quite the perfect people you pretend. i'll continue to shut down the idiots who are only here to spoil the forums for other people .  and i'll continue to be led in rthat by the opinions of other posters here other posters whose contributions are well liked by others not just well liked by themselves or their mates.

Edited by Neil

36 minutes ago, Neil said:

No scattergun, all of the idiot posters banned recently have been complained about by other users here, they aren't quite the perfect people you pretend. i'll continue to shut down the idiots who are only here to spoil the forums for other people .  and i'll continue to be led in rthat by the opinions of other posters here other posters whose contributions are well liked by others not just well liked by themselves or their mates.

Your trigger happy nature is what's spoiling the forums my dude.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Neil said:

Shock horror, another merely mouthed, condescending and vague response to another legitimate criticism.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

I think you would be hard pressed to find a poster that did not appreciate Wonderwhy’s day splits updates.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

As I'm not remotely arsed about getting axed for speaking the truth, let me fill in for this.

Thewonderwhy started a thread on Saturday asking if Mika might play the fest off the back of their great Eurovision performance. Someone other unrelated boarder then came in the thread, pissed, and started spamming loads of silly stuff. 

@Neil, in all his infinite 'wisdom', deleted the thread and banned thewonderwhy — a 15,000+ poster with years of positive contributions on a daily basis, including keeping the stage splits up here — for no reason at all. He just started a thread someone else soiled and copped the blame. (The account making daft posts is unbanned as well, btw)

TWW should be reinstated. Else it's yet more scattergun behaviour from a site owner who only serves to cater to the same 100-odd people he recognises from the meet. Everyone else is collateral damage to be insulted or deleted at will. It's sour.

There has been a trend for a while on here, ego comes into it A LOT!

A little like Download, they can continue to be shit because there isn't something else out there now like it. Likewise with this pandemic, like may things, surviving has been a struggle.

Egotistical power and empowerment.

Edited by thewayiam
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think you would be hard pressed to find a poster that did not appreciate Wonderwhy’s day splits updates.

if that was all that he posted we woudnt be here, now.

26 minutes ago, Divein said:

Shock horror, another merely mouthed, condescending and vague response to another legitimate criticism.

a quick answer to another attempt at wasting my time over stupidities, not legitimate criticism, its blatant lies.

49 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Your trigger happy nature is what's spoiling the forums my dude.

to brainbless posts are spoiling it much more, those are removed as are the culprits

1 minute ago, Neil said:

to brainbless posts are spoiling it much more, those are removed as are the culprits

Yeah obviously they're just trying to get a reaction. And succeeding. But you're also taking down your regular clientele and alienating existing posters.

4 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Can you point to a ‘brainless’ post that the Wonderwhy has done? 

Coming across as very ‘old man yells at cloud’ here 

which is better than the brainless five year olds making idiot topics.

nothing scattergun: a person nominates themselves for banning by posting like they've had their brain removed, that's then seconded by another user reporting the post. act like a grownup and there's no chance of being banned. what is it about being an adult you find difficult?

4 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah that’s not cool, TWW is a good sort and doesn’t deserve that sort of treatment. Didn’t see the thread myself, just saw the word “Mike” and knew it would be for me.

There seems to be two major issues at the moment - over zealous modding and the influx of idiots coming over just to start trouble. Problem is that one bleeds into the other, the more idiots we get the itchier Neil’s trigger finger gets and vice versa.

I’m not sure what the solution is, maybe we need to accept that a little bit of silliness really isn’t that bad. Threads about crisps for instance really weren’t hurting anyone or the forum in general, we should be able to differentiate between a bit of fun and those who are genuinely trolling. At the same time I fully appreciate Neil needs to look after his livelihood.

One idea could be to spread the modding responsibility out a little so Neil isn’t having to do it all by himself. I spend half my life on here so am happy to help out and I promise not to be too tyrannical (I will ban Matt every time he mentions Tik Tok though).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Yeah obviously they're just trying to get a reaction. And succeeding. But you're also taking down your regular clientele and alienating existing posters.

which makes them trolls trying to spoil these forums for everyone

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

TWW  doesn’t deserve that sort of treatment.

been treated same as anyone else would for posting idiot.

he didnt really want mika at the fest.

Just now, Neil said:

and who is spoiling this topic now might it be the idiots posting more idiot stuff.

This topic is effectively dead without TWW anyway

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Nobody wants Mika at the festival.

One of my group would sacrifice all 3 headliners for Mika

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

One idea could be to spread the modding responsibility out a little so Neil isn’t having to do it all by himself. I spend half my life on here so am happy to help out and I promise not to be too tyrannical (I will ban Matt every time he mentions Tik Tok though).

there are other mods, they act to the reports in the same way as me, if you maake up bollocks, you can make up anything, and do.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

This topic is effectively dead without TWW anyway

because what he did is irreplaceable and beyond your tiny mind.

Just now, Odessa said:

@Neilthe wonderwhy was one of the most valuable contributors to the forums. It's not his fault that some moron derailed his thread. Hold your hands up and admit you made a mistake for once, it's fine.

i'm not changing things for pleading? and ask yourself why his contribution is much better than you can manage.

6 minutes ago, Odessa said:

@Neilthe wonderwhy was one of the most valuable contributors to the forums. It's not his fault that some moron derailed his thread. Hold your hands up and admit you made a mistake for once, it's fine.

it wasnt a mistake to ban one of the idiots who makes alt accounts and posts like an idiot.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

i'm not changing things for pleading? and ask yourself why his contribution is much better than you can manage.

I wasn't rude to you so dunno why you're like this back. I have never come across anyone who is so unwilling to admit they got the wrong end of the stick about something. the wonderwhy has literally done nothing and you have nothing to back up your theory that they are responsible for any alt accounts.

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I wasn't rude to you so dunno why you're like this back. I have never come across anyone who is so unwilling to admit they got the wrong end of the stick about something. the wonderwhy has literally done nothing and

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

you have nothing to back up your theory that they are responsible for any alt accounts.

clever things these computers.

you've got the wrong end of things here, you seem to have the belief that cluttering up this topic with you pleading for an idiot is a good thing. the wonderwhy has been treated on his actions.

Edited by Neil