Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

6 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Would be interesting if Olivia is the "Other stage special guest" slot that seems to have appeared in recent years - Liam G in 2017, Lewis Capaldi in 2019  - the sort that pulls one of the hugest crowds of the weekend and is destined to blow up massively. I think a few of us have kinda guessed Sam Fender may take that slot, but who knows

Bumping Sam to Pyramid and putting Olivia in that Other slot feels like something that could happen 

Just feel like Olivia’s crowd will be stupid big on the other stage and probably not enjoyable. 

Billie’s crowd was massive right? I feel like Olivia is probably more recognised right now than Billie was the time she played the festival.

Olivia has not just a number 1 album, but three UK 1 singles… which is more than what Billie had. It’s also the only festival she’s doing (in the world).

Edited by Matt42

It would be insane for olivia to not be on pyramid. It would be borderline dangerous on other (like billie eilish was) assuming she is going to be during the day whichever she plays.

it doesnt feel right to me but i have no knowledge. Her crowd will be absolutely massive, she has a world tour that sold out in 5 mins and is not able to be seen easily as a result, hence everyone will take their chance to see her at glasto. 

3rd or 4th down on other would be carnage imo. Get her on pyramid

Edited by Memory Man

3 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

It would be insane for olivia to not be on pyramid. It would be borderline dangerous on other (like billie eilish was) assuming she is going to be during the day whichever she plays.

it doesnt feel right to me but i have no knowledge. Her crowd will be absolutely massive, she has a world tour that sold out in 5 mins and is not able to be seen easily as a result, hence everyone will take their chance to see her at glasto. 

I think she’ll get a big crowd, but I don’t think the correlation between people at Glastonbury and people trying for or getting tickets for her tour is quite what people are making it out to be. 

8 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

It was a big crowd, but first time I've heard about it being dangerous...?

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ok that was over egging it somewhat! It was very annoying though as i had to get through / around it (poor planning on my part) I have never seen the other field that full in daylight, it was madness

Edited by Memory Man

11 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

From NME. She’s big time isn’t she.

Olivia Rodrigo and Kanye West are leading the winners at the Billboard Music Awards 2022 today (May 15), following 54 of the show’s 62 victors being announced.

The bulk of the awards were handed out during a TikTok livestream, while the rest of the winners will be revealed at a ceremony at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena tonight. The show begins at 8pm ET (1am BST).

Rodrigo and West are currently tied on six wins apiece at this year’s BBMAs, with the ‘Sour’star collecting Top New Artist, Top Hot 100 Artist and more.”

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just feel like Olivia’s crowd will be stupid big on the other stage and probably not enjoyable. 

Billie’s crowd was massive right? I feel like Olivia is probably more recognised right now than Billie was the time she played the festival.

Olivia has not just a number 1 album, but three UK 1 singles… which is more than what Billie had. It’s also the only festival she’s doing (in the world).

It wasn’t massive no, it was big but it wasn’t uncomfortable. Wasn’t nearly as busy as the Other headliners that weekend. 

It was more noticeably big because it was bigger than Loyle Carner and Dave either side of her (and consisted of a festival-goer demographic I’d never experience until that point). 

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nonsense haha I’d a mate who was in a k-hole that had to lay down for the entire set (we were only there for the acts either side of her and then couldn’t leave due to mentioned k hole). 

we were pretty central and maybe 15/20 rows back and him lying there all set was literally no bother.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

You're often more likely to pull a huge crowd at T'Other during the day. For some inexplicable reason even Rag & Bone Man managed to pack it out in 2017

Yeah, that crowd was huge.

I’d just watched Dropkicks Murphys and inexplicably just hung around for a while after they had finished and this massive surge of people surrounded me. Took ages to get out haha.

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

If billie got that audience size on other then i think can be reasonably extrapolated to rodrigo as well. My 2 cents anyway.

Dont think the general glasto audience is too alternative these days. Not enough to stop pop acts getting massive crowds. 

Exactly that - I’m not comparing the size of billie to Olivia in the traditional sense, instead what I am saying is that I think Glasto 2019 happened while billie was still in her climb, which obviously reached a peak by R&L later in the summer.

Olivia’s album and hit singles came out last year. She’s already broken through. I imagine that a large chunk of the festival will be pretty familiar with her and at least her biggest hits. The UK has been one of her most successful markets, and mirrored pretty much what she got in the states (chart-wise). Whereas I wouldn’t be surprised if in 2019 some billie attendees strolled over because they heard she was a big name, and not because they knew her hits very well.

If the crowd wasn’t dangerous and the other could take it I can see it, but I find it strange that we consider Sam Fender a hazard in that slot and not O Rod? When I’d say that O Rod (while having less material) is very well known and will probably pull a crowd equal to what Fender would get.

Edited by Matt42

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Olivia on Other whilst Elbow are sending everybody to sleep on Pyramid would be perfect. Olivia on at the same time as Diana would be the worst thing ever. 

Olivia opposite Elbow would be a mad move, she will smash their crowd to pieces. At least give people a chance not to be injured. Diana is the worst Legend for me, not one I'd have picked at all so.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Billie really wasn’t busy at all.  I had loads of room and pretty much walked to the middle from the merch stand right at the start. Lasted about 3 songs and then left (equally as easy)

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Wasn’t at Billie Eilish so can’t really comment, but the only time I’ve ever felt the Other crowd was genuinely dangerous was RagnBone Man in 17 (I think, or was it 19?)

Gridlock and mayhem all the way back to the railway track.

That and Liam Gallagher were both very very busy.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Billie really wasn’t busy at all.  I had loads of room and pretty much walked to the middle from the merch stand right at the start. Lasted about 3 songs and then left (equally as easy)

Yeah agreed. I’m sure I nipped for a piss halfway through and found my way back reallly easily. 

11 hours ago, Trying Hell Stage said:

What happened to The Wonderwhy?

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah what’s the deal there?

7 hours ago, the wonderwho said:

You can probably guess... 

As I'm not remotely arsed about getting axed for speaking the truth, let me fill in for this.

Thewonderwhy started a thread on Saturday asking if Mika might play the fest off the back of their great Eurovision performance. Someone other unrelated boarder then came in the thread, pissed, and started spamming loads of silly stuff. 

@Neil, in all his infinite 'wisdom', deleted the thread and banned thewonderwhy — a 15,000+ poster with years of positive contributions on a daily basis, including keeping the stage splits up here — for no reason at all. He just started a thread someone else soiled and copped the blame. (The account making daft posts is unbanned as well, btw)

TWW should be reinstated. Else it's yet more scattergun behaviour from a site owner who only serves to cater to the same 100-odd people he recognises from the meet. Everyone else is collateral damage to be insulted or deleted at will. It's sour.