Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

14 minutes ago, incident said:

No, and it can't be done without a substantial licence change which isn't happening.

would that be the same for DJs ? what are we talking about in terms of a licence change ? something that we would have already noticed going in ? obviously we already get some stuff on the Thursday .... what makes the other stages different ?

2 hours ago, Cuboid said:

Camelphat closing Glade on Thursday night. and are TBA somewhere Saturday, 

Is this confirmed on their website or something?

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

would that be the same for DJs ? what are we talking about in terms of a licence change ? something that we would have already noticed going in ? obviously we already get some stuff on the Thursday .... what makes the other stages different ?

It's by venue Every venue is put in to a category (broadly speaking based on some combination of capacity, location, and sound output), and every category has strict operating hours defined in the licence, which runs in conjunction with the overall permitted noise levels (which are much lower on the Thursday than on Fri/Sat/Sun).

There's no vaguely plausible scenario in which a licence change allows any of the biggest 8-10 stages in the main part of the site to operate on the Thursday (except maybe at unworkably low volume levels) - DJ or Band isn't a factor in this. The SE Corner has a bit more flexibility due to being away from Pilton/Sticklinch villages where the noise monitoring stations are, and due to the number of nearby residents being relatively low - most or all of whom are effectively bought off or directly benefiting from the festival in some way - renting fields, running glamping sites, etc.

The above applies for certain this year, as the festival would have needed to apply for any licence changes a long time ago. It also realistically applies for for the foreseeable future as based on what we've seen happen in the past any licence change that increased permitted noise levels would be heavily contested and likely refused - I just can't see the Festival even having the conversation given they want to keep the villagers onside.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, incident said:

It's by venue Every venue is put in to a category (broadly speaking based on some combination of capacity, location, and sound output), and every category has strict operating hours defined in the licence, which runs in conjunction with the overall permitted noise levels (which are much lower on the Thursday than on Fri/Sat/Sun).

There's no vaguely plausible scenario in which a licence change allows any of the biggest 8-10 stages in the main part of the site to operate on the Thursday (except maybe at unworkably low volume levels) - DJ or Band isn't a factor in this. The SE Corner has a bit more flexibility due to being away from Pilton/Sticklinch villages where the noise monitoring stations are, and due to the number of nearby residents being relatively low - most or all of whom are effectively bought off or directly benefiting from the festival in some way - renting fields, running glamping sites, etc.

The above applies for certain this year, as the festival would have needed to apply for any licence changes a long time ago. It also realistically applies for for the foreseeable future as based on what we've seen happen in the past any licence change that increased permitted noise levels would be heavily contested and likely refused - I just can't see the Festival even having the conversation given they want to keep the villagers onside.

Don't pretend you wouldn't be glued to hours of Council meetings where Brenda and co debate licensing changes and how they'll affect her niece's wedding.

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Don't pretend you wouldn't be glued to hours of Council meetings where Brenda and co debate licensing changes and how they'll affect her niece's wedding.

Of course I would, we'll all be watching next time the licence comes up -  but I don't think that any changes of that specific nature are going to be proposed let alone get approved.

4 hours ago, TheGChild said:

Rudimental popping up in varying guises in Glade and on Acardia. Chance of the full band playing Pyramid or Other maybe? Personally think they would make a good WH sub.

Where are they on Arcadia? Someone else said they are doing Glade + 1 other slot.

13 hours ago, mjfiddy said:

Latest from the email newsletter still keeping up the Pheebspiracy of multiple days 👀

still not convinced but enjoy the speculation

I was in camp two sets, but have actually changed my mind to just the one now I think 😥

Two just made sense - one to keep her headline set at the park, and another due to her increased popularity. 

On 5/11/2022 at 2:27 PM, Mwk525 said:

Has there ever been bands on the park stage or John peel on a Thursday? 
camelphat seem like a pretty big band for the Thursday I’m wondering if we might get other stages put bands on this year.

cant be done without amending the licence, not happening!

On 5/11/2022 at 10:33 AM, Superscally said:

Pandemic irrelevant. Always a demand for bands to play Glasto. It's also less, or at least no more unfair than having Fontaines play 4 times last time. It could well be a placeholder, but bands don't normally list three separate days for that purpose, usually just saying Glastonbury 24-6, for example. They may have seen Fontaines do that and think it's a good idea.

i haerd from a booker, that acts turned down slots in a way that there hadnt been a pandemic, just like any normal year, threy weren't keener to play this year.