Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

16 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I guess they could always end up playing the Truth Stage one night (Miserably Dressed perhaps? Doesn’t seem to fit but who knows) or any other manor of smaller stage as a secret set, and they seemed to love it last time so suppose it would be daft to totally rule them out, but I think it’ll just be the one set from them this year.

I wonder if miserably dressed could be ghost? If the rumour was true on here that they are playing they’d be a good fit for the truth stage I think. 

5 minutes ago, Mwk525 said:

I wonder if miserably dressed could be ghost? If the rumour was true on here that they are playing they’d be a good fit for the truth stage I think. 

Hmm possibly. Guess the name would fit with their whole dress-up gimmick, and I don’t think they’d cause too much of a mad crowd if word got out as they’re only really big in rock/metal circles. Not a bad shout at all - when the full times are out I’ll be looking out for where they end up for sure. 

29 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think that Idles will do one set and just hang around and enjoy the festival the other dates!

Yeah, it’s likely to be this as I’m sure I’ve read they used to come to the festival before they were a band.

It’s possible Joe might do a DJ set somewhere though I guess?

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm possibly. Guess the name would fit with their whole dress-up gimmick, and I don’t think they’d cause too much of a mad crowd if word got out as they’re only really big in rock/metal circles. Not a bad shout at all - when the full times are out I’ll be looking out for where they end up for sure. 

Is there any need for it to be under an alias in the first place though? Surely for a niche band like that the last thing you’d want to do is not tell the few people who might actually want to see you.

Just now, Bradders said:

Is there any need for it to be under an alias in the first place though? Surely for a niche band like that the last thing you’d want to do is not tell the few people who might actually want to see you.

I mean, they’re a pretty big band - could probably headline Download at this point - so maybe that’s the reasoning? They’d draw a pretty big crowd if they were announced and the Truth Stage area isn’t exactly massive. 

Awaiting the disappointment of this just being the alias of some DJ I’ve never heard of now. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I mean, they’re a pretty big band - could probably headline Download at this point - so maybe that’s the reasoning? They’d draw a pretty big crowd if they were announced and the Truth Stage area isn’t exactly massive. 

Awaiting the disappointment of this just being the alias of some DJ I’ve never heard of now. 

Aren't they "exclusive" somewhere else? That could warrant an alias I guess. 

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Fair enough, didn’t realise they were that big. If they’re exclusive elsewhere this seems much more likely than MCR.

3 minutes ago, Bza said:

Sorry but I've not been keeping up.

Who do we think Miserably Dressed is going to be?

No idea really. Ghost seems a decent bet based on the rumours they were playing beforehand. Everything else is just a guess.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I’m pretty sure they were a hellfest European exclusive or something along them lines and im pretty sure hellfest is same weekend as glastonbury. 
They’d definitely get a big crowd their UK arena tour was pretty much sold out. 
Maybe I’m just trying to manifest this into happening though as I’m a massive ghost fan 

Just now, Mwk525 said:

Yeah I’m pretty sure they were a hellfest European exclusive or something along them lines and im pretty sure hellfest is same weekend as glastonbury. 
They’d definitely get a big crowd their UK arena tour was pretty much sold out. 
Maybe I’m just trying to manifest this into happening though as I’m a massive ghost fan 

It’s a great theory, especially with the little tidbit we had about them being there. Definitely one to keep an eye on. I’d be well down for seeing them assuming they didn’t clash with a headliner or something. Give them a late night slot like Idles in ‘19 and I’m there.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s a great theory, especially with the little tidbit we had about them being there. Definitely one to keep an eye on. I’d be well down for seeing them assuming they didn’t clash with a headliner or something. Give them a late night slot like Idles in ‘19 and I’m there.

Or a Thursday evening slot like camelphat have announced and let us start the festival in style! 

23 minutes ago, Bza said:

Thought it might be MCR but they are way too big for those slots

I saw Madness being banded about earlier and it kinda makes sense.  If it isn't them, it'll probably be another comparable sized band.

As much as I'd love for it to be someone big, unless they are on at the same time as the other headliners, they can't be too much of a draw due to the limited size of the stage.  

I guess we'll be able to have a better idea once timings are released

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Fontaines was a bit different though as they were a much smaller band in 2019 than Idles are now. Putting Idles in the Rabbit Hole or Leftfield would be chaos. Lots of smaller bands play multiple sets but it’s very rare these days that a big act does.

Fontaines also replaced Sam Fender's cancellations.

4 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

It would be pretty lame if they're having to actively turn down bands for decent-sized slots (e.g Parcels) due to pandemic-related backlog whilst simitaneously having a band like IDLES play... three times. I don't know if they'd go for that. 

Might not be as bad if they're playing, say, Shangri-la and Williams Green but that seems a tad unrealistic now.

I imagine its just them not giving away the date they're actually playing. 

I'd imagine Idles - if they are indeed playing three times - aren't taking major slots with two of those performances.

I expect high up on The Other/headline John Peel one of the days. Maybe Shangri and/or a secret set (BBC Introducing?) for the others.

Has there ever been bands on the park stage or John peel on a Thursday? 
camelphat seem like a pretty big band for the Thursday I’m wondering if we might get other stages put bands on this year.

3 minutes ago, Mwk525 said:

camelphat seem like a pretty big band for the Thursday I’m wondering if we might get other stages put bands on this year.

No, and it can't be done without a substantial licence change which isn't happening.

3 minutes ago, Mwk525 said:

Never previously and I didn't think licensing allowed the main stages to be active on Thursday.