Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

Noel makes good music on his own (Liam not so much), keep them apart I say.

The later oasis albums had 1 big song and a load of rubbish and i think a new one would be the same, theres no point honestly. Them being apart makes them a cheaper booking so they are easier to see and dont clog up lineups

12 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

Like him or loathe him, you have to tip your hat to Big Norm. The fact that he was due to headline The Other, but got bumped down and doesn’t seem to hold any grudge and is still doing multiple sets over the weekend Is a pretty cool way to be. He loves the festival as much as anyone I reckon. 

The fact he’s never cashed a cheque from the festival for his appearances means he will always be alright in my eyes.

Likewise. I’ve heard it said before, but it’s not like he’ll have been getting paid by cheque for years. His smaller sets I’m sure he does for very little, but surely he’s not gonna return his bank transfer from Silver Hayes.

6 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Man, I was so up for that Fatboy Slim Other Stage headline set it's ridiculous! Genuinely wish he was the Friday night this year. 

Alternatively, you could say he is a great act to headline the first night of the 'new improved' Silver Hayes. I think he is still Friday night?

7 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

Didn’t know this - where is the info from - would love to read up more. 

I honestly can’t remember where I heard it. I think it might have been another DJ on the radio who said it. 

7 hours ago, Bradders said:

Likewise. I’ve heard it said before, but it’s not like he’ll have been getting paid by cheque for years. His smaller sets I’m sure he does for very little, but surely he’s not gonna return his bank transfer from Silver Hayes.

He might well return it or just ask not to be sent anything any more. Either way it’s obvious him being there every year doesn’t eat into the Glastonbury budget much. 

On 4/28/2022 at 5:10 PM, the wonderwhy said:

No description available.

RIna is Friday then 

Coming back to this, if she is Friday she'll need to be earlier on in the day as she's elsewhere in the afternoon/evening. 

Her Block Party set is Sunday night - still a potential for Saturday? I forget what other info we have. 

4 minutes ago, oakdown said:

Coming back to this, if she is Friday she'll need to be earlier on in the day as she's elsewhere in the afternoon/evening. 

Her Block Party set is Sunday night - still a potential for Saturday? I forget what other info we have. 

She was supposed to be playing Colourbloxx on the Saturday, but I see that's now been cancelled (probably too late in the day for Glasto though). Where is she on the Friday? 

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

She was supposed to be playing Colourbloxx on the Saturday, but I see that's now been cancelled (probably too late in the day for Glasto though). Where is she on the Friday? 

Ah, yeah remember that now, didn't realise it'd been canned! Shame as it was nice to see TRNSMT get some city-centre competition. 

Don't think it's been announced yet, so I can't say. 

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I had no idea that had been cancelled, TRNSMT adding Years & Years as a late attempt to sell more Saturday tickets makes a bit more sense now. I doubt Connect is selling that well either, I wonder if DF regret putting on so much this summer. 

Where did the Rina Sawayama info come from, was it her website?

21 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I had no idea that had been cancelled, TRNSMT adding Years & Years as a late attempt to sell more Saturday tickets makes a bit more sense now. I doubt Connect is selling that well either, I wonder if DF regret putting on so much this summer. 

Where did the Rina Sawayama info come from, was it her website?

They really fucked up putting Sam Fender and Paolo on the same day. If they were on different days sales would be far better!

28 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Would be a crime to see Connect poorly attended, I'm working the Saturday/Sunday and the lineup's stellar IMO. 

Info came from here initially: https://www.sohohouse.com/en-us/house-notes/issue-006/music/the-must-see-female-acts-to-catch-this-year

Beginning to think they might have made a mistake and just assumed she'd play based on her being on the 2020 line-up... I've sent a cheeky email now, but there's nothing from her people suggesting she'll be on the farm. 

Edited by oakdown

2 minutes ago, Mozzer79 said:

Idles has updated their tour poster with Glastonbury listed on 24, 25 and 26 June.

😊

Think they’re just placeholder dates as they can’t reveal what day they’re playing yet - really doubt they’re doing all three days. Strange way to do it but seems a few acts have listed Glastonbury in this fashion this year for some reason.

I had thought Idles were supporting Liam Gallagher in Belfast on the Friday but looks like they're not actually doing that and some websites just hadn't updated from when they were supposed to do that last year, so they can be removed from the Not Friday group the next time the list is updated. I don't really see them playing all three days, I'm not sure where a band as big as them could play three times, but I suppose they are the types to do it.

10 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I had thought Idles were supporting Liam Gallagher in Belfast on the Friday but looks like they're not actually doing that and some websites just hadn't updated from when they were supposed to do that last year, so they can be removed from the Not Friday group the next time the list is updated. I don't really see them playing all three days, I'm not sure where a band as big as them could play three times, but I suppose they are the types to do it.

I guess they could always end up playing the Truth Stage one night (Miserably Dressed perhaps? Doesn’t seem to fit but who knows) or any other manor of smaller stage as a secret set, and they seemed to love it last time so suppose it would be daft to totally rule them out, but I think it’ll just be the one set from them this year.

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Why would they not play three days? I call legit.

It would be pretty lame if they're having to actively turn down bands for decent-sized slots (e.g Parcels) due to pandemic-related backlog whilst simitaneously having a band like IDLES play... three times. I don't know if they'd go for that. 

Might not be as bad if they're playing, say, Shangri-la and Williams Green but that seems a tad unrealistic now.

I imagine its just them not giving away the date they're actually playing. 

44 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

It would be pretty lame if they're having to actively turn down bands for decent-sized slots (e.g Parcels) due to pandemic-related backlog whilst simitaneously having a band like IDLES play... three times. I don't know if they'd go for that. 

Might not be as bad if they're playing, say, Shangri-la and Williams Green but that seems a tad unrealistic now.

I imagine its just them not giving away the date they're actually playing. 

Pandemic irrelevant. Always a demand for bands to play Glasto. It's also less, or at least no more unfair than having Fontaines play 4 times last time. It could well be a placeholder, but bands don't normally list three separate days for that purpose, usually just saying Glastonbury 24-6, for example. They may have seen Fontaines do that and think it's a good idea.

Fontaines was a bit different though as they were a much smaller band in 2019 than Idles are now. Putting Idles in the Rabbit Hole or Leftfield would be chaos. Lots of smaller bands play multiple sets but it’s very rare these days that a big act does.