Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

9 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Why do we think that? Lorde could be third down Pyramid, or subbing Other (unless there’s info I don’t know about).

Doubt she’d gonna be subbing Other, but third down is still realistic. Only thing making that seem unlikely is we know Elbow are on the Sunday and likely third down and Haim are third down Saturday, and Lorde looks more likely to be one of those days than Friday due to her tour dates. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Doubt she’d gonna be subbing Other, but third down is still realistic. Only thing making that seem unlikely is we know Elbow are on the Sunday and likely third down and Haim are third down Saturday, and Lorde looks more likely to be one of those days than Friday due to her tour dates. 

Yeah Lorde is probably subbing just trying to think where a weak link could be. 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah Lorde is probably subbing just trying to think where a weak link could be. 

Although I was opposed to it happening for a while and it still seems a bit off to me, I’m not counting Lorde out of being our missing Saturday Other headliner. Not sure she’s really an ideal counter to Macca, but guess she’s just as likely as one of the other pop stars we’ve got on the lineup.

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Wonder if we’ve fixed ourselves in a position where we can only think of Lorde as a sub, but she isn’t. 

If Doja Cat and Megan are indeed both on the Pyramid, then Lorde makes the most sense for the missing Other headliner. I had been thinking Jack White could fill in as that final sub after someone said they’d heard he was playing, but perhaps not if Neil thinks all the big stuff has been announced. 

32 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Wonder if we’ve fixed ourselves in a position where we can only think of Lorde as a sub, but she isn’t. 

I think the majority of us aren't in this position tbf. 

I could see Sam Fender subbing Kenny. 

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

Only assumption I hope is wrong is Pet Shop Boys clashing with Kendrick.

PSB would have been a must see for me, but I’d completely given up on them due to the likely Kendrick clash. Them anywhere else would be perfect.

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

a kiwi thing of Lorde before crowded house feels about right to me.

Posted this on the Noel thread but meant to put it here…

In terms of the major slots the stuff we know for an absolute fact:

Pyramid headliners

DiRo legend

Simz headlining a night at WH but no idea which.

Foals Friday Other headliner (Neil info)

Noel subbing Macca and HAIM third (The Sun)

Everything else is up for grabs, right? There have been a few self confirms on stages and days too.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Pyramid headliners

DiRo legend

Everything else is up for grabs, right? There have been a few self confirms on stages and days too.

Plus PSB Sunday Other headliner as per a few posts back and Waterboys headlining Acoustic on Saturday. 

Edited by Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is there a chance someone has the wrong day listed on their website? I’m pretty sure that’s happened before. That might be something which throws us off.

Every change the Friday's aren't Friday and they've just got the first day of the festival proper listed, but I'd be well surprised if the saturdays and sundays are wrong 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Pyramid headliners

DiRo legend

Falls into your last line but PSB are confirmed headlining Other.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Is there a chance someone has the wrong day listed on their website? I’m pretty sure that’s happened before. That might be something which throws us off.

I think Neil's clue suggests that the thing we have pretty wrong is within our control rather than due to artist error

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Where has Elbow Sunday been confirmed?

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I think Neil's clue suggests that the thing we have pretty wrong is within our control rather than due to artist error

Yeah I think there’s a few things we’ve all convinced ourselves are happening but have not been formally confirmed anywhere. Which is why I was trying to bring it back to things that have either been confirmed by the festival or the artist or confirmed by Neil himself.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

They were in the running for a spot on John Peel but lost out because of the high demand from acts to play this year. Real shame - they would’ve been a must see for me. 

This hurts my soul.

4 hours ago, westholtschic said:

They can only play Saturday or Sunday 

Yup and with the top 3 on Saturday confirmed most people assume Sunday.