Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

54 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Why not? (He 100% will) 

Too obvious. Glastonbury hardly ever do the 'obvious sub into headliner'.

Always go for the crowd switch.

Primal Scream into Stones is the only mildly comparable sub/head. And that was by request.

1 minute ago, Keithy said:

Too obvious. Glastonbury hardly ever do the 'obvious sub into headliner'.

Always go for the crowd switch.

Primal Scream into Stones is the only mildly comparable sub/head. And that was by request.

Pharrell before Kanye also springs to mind. Vampire Weekend > The Cure. Weller > The Who. All of 2014’s sub/headliner combos. In fact, I’m pretty sure Noel wouldn’t be too interested in playing at all unless he was opening for Macca, hence why him playing is finally happening this year after him dodging it thus far in his solo career. Would be shocked if he ended up on before Billie or Kendrick.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Pharrell before Kanye also springs to mind. Vampire Weekend > The Cure. Weller > The Who. All of 2014’s sub/headliner combos. In fact, I’m pretty sure Noel wouldn’t be too interested in playing at all unless he was opening for Macca, hence why him playing is finally happening this year after him dodging it thus far in his solo career. Would be shocked if he ended up on before Billie or Kendrick.

You and your 'facts'.

Lets wait for the post festival enquiry.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Subbing WH already seems kinda low for Bonobo - really doubt he’s gonna be third. Think it’s far more likely that Four Tet ends up subbing John Peel as they’ve had electronic acts do similar in the past (although I suppose Bonobo vs. Four Tet is a bit of a weird one).

From last nights convo, that above sounds like the sort of thing being referenced. I don't know the specifics of what is wrong ly assumed. 

Tbh a lot of the time I think it’ basically comes down to who can play which day out of the three possible subs they’ve booked and if it’s not a good fit, fuck it, but Noel before Macca seems like a very purposeful thing they’ve done, for better or for worse.

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Will only be beaten when they get him back to sub Swifty 

I actually think it’s low-key iconic they put nick cave on before Marcus Mumford. I would love to have seen his face when that was made apparent to him. 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Copying Liam's slot from the last festival is what im thinking to be honest

2 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I really hope the biggie relates to Sunday headliners. Not a whole lot out there for me and my group on the Sunday as it stands on this threads info.

Sam Fender headlining the Other on Sunday for example would be ideal.

PSB is pretty firmly on the sunday other i think. Sunday is by far the worst clash so far as well!

6 hours ago, Neil said:

From last nights convo, that above sounds like the sort of thing being referenced. I don't know the specifics of what is wrong ly assumed. 

This makes it sound like the wrong assumption isn’t a particularly big deal

30 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Only assumption I hope is wrong is Pet Shop Boys clashing with Kendrick.

PSB have Sunday listed on their website and usually would be expected to play in the dark because of the stage set up... But it wouldn't be the biggest shock ever if they did sub Kendrick. 

1 minute ago, Titters said:

PSB have Sunday listed on their website and usually would be expected to play in the dark because of the stage set up... But it wouldn't be the biggest shock ever if they did sub Kendrick. 

I didn’t realise their website confirmed them as Sunday but they also confirmed themselves as an Other headliner so yeah, that one seems pretty much sorted. 

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I actually think it’s low-key iconic they put nick cave on before Marcus Mumford. I would love to have seen his face when that was made apparent to him. 

Saturday in 2010 was a good one. Pyramid was Scissor Sisters>Muse, Other was Editors>Pet Shop Boys. Serious crowd changeover between sub and headliner. Pet Shop Boys was fairly quiet at the start.

Why do we think that? Lorde could be third down Pyramid, or subbing Other (unless there’s info I don’t know about).

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Wonder if we’ve fixed ourselves in a position where we can only think of Lorde as a sub, but she isn’t.