Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

She is for me I think.

Been back on forth on this for a while and I may end up switching last minute, but right now I’m on the Simz train over Macca. 

I think knowing that this is realistically the last time I’ll get to see Macca swings it for me.

2 minutes ago, Bradders said:

I thought Bonobo-Four Tet on West Holts Friday, with Simz headlining Saturday, was already established? Definitely the scenario I’ve planned for anyway.

Think some people were so determined that Simz wasn’t gonna clash with Macca that a lot of us ran with it, but yeah, that outcome makes sense. I’m probably gonna end up at Foals, but Four Tet on Holts is certainly a tantalising prospect if that’s how it pans out.

Oh my God. A Bonobo-Four Tet one-two on the Friday would be sublime 😍.

I fear that Kendrick has lost the battle with Bicep in my mind already as well so that would give me two WH headliners and a Pyramid. Would probably mean a quick escape down SEC on the Friday as well which I'm not opposed to.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I think a lot of people assumed Four Tet was Friday night JP so that’s interesting. Probably means he’s Friday West Holts unless he’s playing lower than expected.

1 hour ago, rmartin1803 said:

Primal Scream John Peel friday Night headliner confirmed 5514B83A-C24C-4CC5-8B9D-D25807A6840E.thumb.png.ac2a29dbd16bf9f3dd31c89301644a51.png

Are Primal Scream big enough now to headline John Peel?, given spots they've recently done at festivals, could they not be subbing it?

52 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I think knowing that this is realistically the last time I’ll get to see Macca swings it for me.

I’ve never seen him and the reality is, this is the only chance I’ll get, I’m just not a massive fan. 

Don’t get me wrong I’d be singing along to the most well known Beatles tracks and loving it, but outside of that I’m not so fussed. 

Where as Simz for me is about the most exciting artist around at the moment. Not sure if I’d wanna miss her just to sing-a-long to Let It Be and Hey Jude. 

Decisions decisions! 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

I’ve never seen him and the reality is, this is the only chance I’ll get, I’m just not a massive fan. 

Don’t get me wrong I’d be singing along to the most well known Beatles tracks and loving it, but outside of that I’m not so fussed. 

Where as Simz for me is about the most exciting artist around at the moment. Not sure if I’d wanna miss her just to sing-a-long to Let It Be and Hey Jude. 

Decisions decisions! 

Sometimes you just have to see how you're feeling on the night.

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Decisions decisions! 

Surely you’d go to see Simz if you think they’re the most exciting artist around and you’re not a big Paul McCartney fan.

Yes, it’s probably the last chance to see McCartney but it’s not a problem if you miss him if you’re not a fan.

I know a lot of people watch bands they’re not keen on ‘just to say I’ve seen them’ but I can’t see the benefit in that personally.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Get In! Never seen a JP headliner. Nothing had took my eye before this. I have seen Primal Scream 5 times, but they'll definitely do for me. 

Same looking like they’ll be my first JP headliner. if they are actually headlining of course … Defo big enough for it imo 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Looks to be a run of Big Thief > Avalanches > Caribou on the Park, which quite frankly I’m gutted about having to miss. 

Suspect it’ll be Avalanches > Big Thief > Caribou, btw, which is worse for me as that’ll present a possible Macca/Mitski/Big Thief clash (hell).

Having seen them last week, Avalanches will really rely on a visual backdrop on this touring setup. Hope they get moved to JP.

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Is that Mitski 2nd on JP @Ddiamondd? (haven't been paying attention so missed it if that is common knowledge now)

Ah no, not common knowledge but where we're at with the usual forum guesswork/dot-joining. She could be 3rd or even 4th JP — that would still be a clash against Big Thief and the Avs to some degree, but at least salvages a head-to-head w/ Paul.

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Having seen them last week, Avalanches will really rely on a visual backdrop on this touring setup. Hope they get moved to JP.

I was thinking this as well, them playing on a stage with no screens seems strange. How likely do you think it could be that they get moved?