Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

On 3/24/2022 at 6:18 PM, sildante said:

Info, a few other bits sub-wise are Arlo Parks subbing Park Stage and Bonobo subbing West Holts. These could be subject to change but certainly was the plan a week or two ago. Not sure which days but would guess all three are on Friday - nothing solid on that though.

This is the Arlo Parks info 

15 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah no stage confirmed but they make a lot of sense as the Park headliner that day. It seems like Manic Street Preachers aren't back, they were Friday Park in 2020 albeit lower down, and with the boost they've had since then seem the right size for a Park headliner. For Arlo Parks, I don't think we have a confirmed day but I read the info as Friday being implied. 

Do we actually know that the Manics won't be added on the main poster? Paul Heaton has confirmed he's playing and he's not on the 2022 poster, but was on 2020.

8 minutes ago, briddj said:

Do we actually know that the Manics won't be added on the main poster? Paul Heaton has confirmed he's playing and he's not on the 2022 poster, but was on 2020.

Nope nothing to definitively say they won't be there. I don't think Paul Heaton wasn't on the 2020 poster, though we had heard he was playing, but as you say there are acts like Suzanne Vega who were on the 2020 poster but not the 2022 one and seem like they'll be back this year too. There's only so many gaps left for acts the size of the Manics but definitely possible they've just been left off the poster this year to freshen things up but are still on the full line-up.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Nope nothing to definitively say they won't be there. I don't think Paul Heaton wasn't on the 2020 poster, though we had heard he was playing, but as you say there are acts like Suzanne Vega who were on the 2020 poster but not the 2022 one and seem like they'll be back this year too. There's only so many gaps left for acts the size of the Manics but definitely possible they've just been left off the poster this year to freshen things up but are still on the full line-up.

Must be going mad. I was convinced PH&JA were on the 2020 poster but now I look they weren't.

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

They'd make a good Friday opener perhaps? 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I’d be pretty surprised if the Manics didn’t show up to be honest.

Hope you're right 😞 I'm not gonna build my hopes up though. Someone just mentioned the prospect of them being Other opener which would be a fucking superb start to Friday proceedings.

I noticed Hampton Court Palace Festival tweeted about her show literally two days ago, which is a good sign I guess. 

Does seem weird to just randomly cancel one show in the middle of a festival run though. Not like she's got a packed conflicting schedule. 

Losing Kacey from both this and Primavera would be such a fucker - hope that’s not gonna be the case. Keep forgetting that there’s still a very real chance of some of the bigger acts pulling out, especially the American ones.

Edited by FloorFiller

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Losing Kacey from both this and Primavera would be such a fucker - hope that’s not gonna be the case. Keep forgetting that there’s still a very chance of some of the bigger acts pulling out, especially the American ones.

Agreed, I do think there’ll be some last minute changes this time

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Losing Kacey from both this and Primavera would be such a fucker - hope that’s not gonna be the case. Keep forgetting that there’s still a very real chance of some of the bigger acts pulling out, especially the American ones.

Why particularly the American ones?

Just now, FloorFiller said:

A lot seem reluctant to travel the pond what with covid still being pretty prevalent over there (and, I’m sure, the many complications that travelling is causing).

Pray for Kenny that's all I can say 

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Kacey Musgraves might be out. She's been removed from the Pinkpop lineup this morning, which is the weekend before Glasto. They didn't give a reason. 

😬. One of my must sees for the festival. Whilst her recent record didn’t reach the heights of golden hour, it has some great moments (good wife; cherry blossom; justified; there is a light). Plus high horse would kill on the Pyramid. 

This may have been discussed but do we think that there is a reasonable chance of Leon Bridges doing a few songs with Khruangbin if they are indeed headlining The Park? Seems odd that he has the Friday/Sat down on his website as can't imagine he would be a candidate to do multiple solo sets over the weekend.

14 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

This may have been discussed but do we think that there is a reasonable chance of Leon Bridges doing a few songs with Khruangbin if they are indeed headlining The Park? Seems odd that he has the Friday/Sat down on his website as can't imagine he would be a candidate to do multiple solo sets over the weekend.

Personally I'd be more amazed if it doesn't happen (one way or the other)