Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

27 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Was there any logic to the shape of that tent? Was it supposed to increase sound quality or something?

I must admit it always seemed a bizarre move to me without necessarily knowing the reasoning behind it.

Line of sight I guess, more people able to be closeish to the stage. 

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

My first headliner at my ever festival, back in 2007, was Andy C on The G Stage (remember that?!).

Other than that we tried to watch Norm in 2008 but it was crazy busy, couldn’t get near the tent. 

Might give it another go this year. 

2008 was my very first Glastonbury, and my very first headliner was Fatboy in the dance tent on the Friday (Dance East?)

Got absolutely hammered during the day, hadn't learnt to pace then. Came to/woke up lying on some grass by the big yorkshire pudding stall about 6 o'clock in the evening with no phone and no idea where my mate who I'd came with was. Knew we was supposed to be seeing Fatboy so went there but was obviously well early and ending up watching Roisin Murphy who was on before hand who was great.

Never saw my mate until the next day, he was also hammered and ended up in the other dance tent thinking he was watching Fatboy, didn't find out until later he was in the wrong tent.

Still the only headliner I've ever seen in the dance area / silver hayes

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Let's hypothetically say they will have an outdoor main stage in SH, where does it go?

The area is fairly small in reality isn't it? With a "main" walkway straight through the middle of it.

I’d guess where gully is, pointing away from John Peel?

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Let's hypothetically say they will have an outdoor main stage in SH, where does it go?

The area is fairly small in reality isn't it? With a "main" walkway straight through the middle of it.

You could put it where Pussy Parlour is now. Maybe move BBC and get rid of sonic to free up loads of space for the crowd and rerouting the path where the backstage areas for those are now.

16 minutes ago, mazola said:

2008 was my very first Glastonbury, and my very first headliner was Fatboy in the dance tent on the Friday (Dance East?)

Got absolutely hammered during the day, hadn't learnt to pace then. Came to/woke up lying on some grass by the big yorkshire pudding stall about 6 o'clock in the evening with no phone and no idea where my mate who I'd came with was. Knew we was supposed to be seeing Fatboy so went there but was obviously well early and ending up watching Roisin Murphy who was on before hand who was great.

Never saw my mate until the next day, he was also hammered and ended up in the other dance tent thinking he was watching Fatboy, didn't find out until later he was in the wrong tent.

Still the only headliner I've ever seen in the dance area / silver hayes

Haha! That's mint!! 

I did a bit of a stint down the Dance Village that year, pied off Jay-Z to see Nicky Holloway do a classics set, then Dave Seaman headline Dance West (I think it was). 

Good times! 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

You know in close to 20 years I've never done a headliner in either SH or the Dance Village as it used to be known.

Depending on where Simbi falls I'd seriously consider Fatboy on the Friday night.

I did Carl Cox vs. Fatboy in 2011 when most people were off watching U2. Wasn't even that busy in the tent, could get in with no bother. 

2 hours ago, Neil said:

can anyone work out which night orbital will be headlining in silver hayes....?

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Silver Hayes coming in hot this year if Fatboy Slim and Orbital are 2 of the headliners!

Any guesses for a third on par with those?

Is SH for Orbital (to be) confirmed now then? I thought it was just that they were on the farm about an hour ago.

My friday is still open for options (foals current pick but i've seen them before), I would be very open to seeing Orbital

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Is SH for Orbital (to be) confirmed now then? I thought it was just that they were on the farm about an hour ago.

My friday is still open for options (foals current pick but i've seen them before), I would be very open to seeing Orbital

Fatboy is apparently headlining the Friday so Orbital would be one of the other two days if they’re playing. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Fatboy is apparently headlining the Friday so Orbital would be one of the other two days if they’re playing. 

Cheers - SH headliners are same time as main headliners right?

Hopefully the map drop will answer a lot of questions. I think there may be some bigger stages as they would need less performers which will have meant they could sell more tickets. This would explain the success rate in the resales. 

2 hours ago, t0paz said:

I think they can only have acts this big with a rework of the layout. So I’m hoping the 3rd is LCD Soundsystem. Possibly Sunday before they start their run of gigs in London on the Monday.

LCD vs XCX the worst clash in Glastonbury history.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

That would be my guess and fits with a no gully that I’d heard 

Surely not? Best stage in the whole area

1 hour ago, Franco Baresi said:

Haha! That's mint!! 

I did a bit of a stint down the Dance Village that year, pied off Jay-Z to see Nicky Holloway do a classics set, then Dave Seaman headline Dance West (I think it was). 

Good times! 

before we got separated my mate said the last time he saw me I was dancing to Public Enemy outside a clothes stall, this would have been about lunchtime 🤣

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Cheers - SH headliners are same time as main headliners right?

Sonic headliners finish about 12:30

Gully / Wow finish at 03:00 

This year… who knows? 

Wasn’t sure which topic to ask this in, so apologies it’s slightly off topic. 

Mate is coming to glasto for the first time and has asked if there’s anywhere that’s dedicated to guilty pleasures music? Think cheesy dance and shania Twain sorta thing. Thanks in advance