Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

Just now, kingcrawler said:

There was someone the other day saying they'd heard it was Arctic Monkeys on the Park, did anything else come from that? Arcade Fire would be the best result here and not too unrealistic either.

Nah, think a lot of people just wrote it off due to how mental the crowds of people trying to get to see it would be and that was that. 

I agree that they’d probably draw an insane amount of people if word got out, but huge bands have done it before and it’s been okay so I wouldn’t be so quick to say it’s a total no-go.

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Going to throw something out there with no base to it other than me literally wanting them to play but:

The xx

Naughty surprise sunset slot on the park would be special.

They're not active as a band at all though, they're all focusing on their solo careers. In fact, Oli released a single yesterday. 

Just now, The Martini Police said:

They're not active as a band at all though, they're all focusing on their solo careers. In fact, Oli released a single yesterday. 

Don't let facts get in the way of a dream! 😂

3 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

arcade fire secret set.. dont make me dream. apart from di-ro id pretty much miss anyone to see them if they played the usual secret set times.

Same. 

Taps aff for Ready to Start.

2 minutes ago, t0paz said:

I’d have thought The Smile are strong contenders for a Park secret set?

They're busy basically all weekend. 

2 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Arcade Fire after Win Butler announcement? No chance.

I think you mean Will. 

Edited by the wonderwhy

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah, think a lot of people just wrote it off due to how mental the crowds of people trying to get to see it would be and that was that. 

I agree that they’d probably draw an insane amount of people if word got out, but huge bands have done it before and it’s been okay so I wouldn’t be so quick to say it’s a total no-go.

That was me who had this info. Heard it from a talent booker at a rival festival.

Edited by buffy394
correction

16 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

They're busy basically all weekend. 

It’d be tight but they finish their Saturday show at 7pm in Belgium and have Sunday free. Thom has some history of secret sets too

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Fair play, if that’s true then that’s amazing for those going. I think they’ll defo do 2023 headlining. Tbf the killers did a small stage so why not I guess 

I remain very skeptical despite the information. Mainly as I was at the Killers and I imagine AM would be so much worse crowd control wise. Howeverrrr JP is a tent with limited capacity and Park would be safer. And I do think that AM's popularity has dwindled with the younger 18-25 crowd.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

I remain very skeptical despite the information. Mainly as I was at the Killers and I imagine AM would be so much worse crowd control wise. Howeverrrr JP is a tent with limited capacity and Park would be safer. And I do think that AM's popularity has dwindled with the younger 18-25 crowd.

Not so sure about that. Last album may not be getting regular plays at student club nights, but the bangers from before that will still be getting heavy rotation and the reception and almost instant sell out of them playing Reading/Leeds shows that they’re still very popular with that crowd. They’d draw an insane crowd if they did a secret set and the Park entrance would definitely have to get shut off at some point. 

7 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

If it's true...how do I ensure I'm front bloody row?