Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

1 minute ago, Neil said:

you don't know, but feel the need to express an offensive opinion about it.

The only thing I've had an opinion about is this thread and your calling out of a specific user and using the term 'cuck' which is just unbelievably bad practice for the admin of a site. 

I echo others when I say that I hope you're OK, genuinely. But I stand by this opinion. It's out of order. 

Just now, gabe said:

The only thing I've had an opinion about is this thread and your calling out of a specific user and using the term 'cuck' which is just unbelievably bad practice for the admin of a site. 

cuck is very appropriate, matt knew what gucci was here for but still put himself up for being gucci's toy.

Just now, gabe said:

I echo others when I say that I hope you're OK, genuinely. But I stand by this opinion. It's out of order. 

4 minutes ago, gabe said:

yes, that opinion is out of order, because something is happening you don't like there must be something wrong with that other person (but of course nothing wrong or about those who set out to spoil things for others).

and of course northing wrong with your own perceptions. lol

Edited by Neil

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

cuck is very appropriate, matt knew what gucci was here for but still put himself up for being gucci's toy.

I don't want to get into a semantic argument here but this word is completely inappropriate for a million reasons and if you don't see that then I fear its pointless trying to discuss tbh. 

You are intending to emasculate and deplatform a user from a position of power and doing so using what can certainly be considered an offensive and NSFW term. And you're an admin! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gabe said:

I don't want to get into a semantic argument here but this word is completely inappropriate for a million reasons and if you don't see that then I fear its pointless trying to discuss tbh. 

its appropriate use, i cant think of a better word, and when he put himself up for that, he put each and everyone else of us for it too!!!!

1 minute ago, gabe said:

You are intending to emasculate and deplatform a user from a position of power and doing so using what can certainly be considered an offensive and NSFW term. And you're an admin! 

offense has gone in more than one direction here!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Is this seriously still ongoing? 

Sorry I shouldn't have dredged the thread up. I was just pretty appalled at this as the term has been co-opted by alt-right 4chan types and as such carries significant undertones which I feel should be avoided, particularly from a site admin. 

Just now, gabe said:

Sorry I shouldn't have dredged the thread up. I was just pretty appalled at this as the term has been co-opted by alt-right 4chan types and as such carries significant undertones which I feel should be avoided, particularly from a site admin. 

i picked it for all of the reasons it carries. as a shock tactic as much as anything else.

28 minutes ago, Barnabybear said:

I’m very much a long term lurker on here and rarely post but this thread has led me to getting my fingers typing. 
Matt42, although I disagree with a lot of your posts,  I enjoy your contributions on this site and for what it’s worth, I think you are an enthusiastic festival fan which is exactly what these forums should be full of. 
Neil, I mostly find you the voice of reason and when you post I take it as fact. I have to say though, I have spent the whole afternoon thinking someone has hacked your account. Assuming that is not the case it seems to me something odd is going on with you. Either way I wish you well and hope both you and matt42 can settle your differences. 
after all this forum is about the most joyous place on Earth and we shouldn’t lose sight of that. 

anyways, back to lurking for me. 

Can I just say that I often sing the barnaby the bear song. Stuck with me

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

i picked it for all of the reasons it carries. as a shock tactic as much as anything else.

Don't know where to start with this. The mental gymnastics at play...

Just don't use the word 'cuck' to belittle people as its foul and carries dark undertones which I'm sure you don't support. 

8 minutes ago, gabe said:

Don't know where to start with this. The mental gymnastics at play...

Just don't use the word 'cuck' to belittle people as its foul and carries dark undertones which I'm sure you don't support. 

I certainly don't support the dark undertones around this issue