Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

An old trolls new account was outed and the thread has now turned to shit by many alternative accounts trying to defend the troll by attacking Neil

Have you paid any attention? Many people have been calling Neil out for attacking Matt and calling him a "cuck" and refusing to apologise. Matt's done nothing wrong but for some reason he's taking the brunt of Neil's rage today.

If you seriously think Neil is the victim here then you are deluded.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Neil said:

update:little simz says shes at glasto on the wednesday (on her website), it's obviously wrong.

Yeah, all the websites that link to bandsintown say Wednesday, if you deep dive onto bandsintown itself the Glasto event is set up as the weds-sun, it must just take the first day and use that.

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

If you seriously think Neil is the victim here then you are deluded.

would you take this sort of shit in your work and then tell yourself you deserved it....?

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Yeah, all the websites that link to bandsintown say Wednesday, if you deep dive onto bandsintown itself the Glasto event is set up as the weds-sun, it must just take the first day and use that.

shes not the first act to list the first day of the festival as the day shes there, you didn't need me to explain it to me, the simz date is fairly new on her website as far as i know.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

would you take this sort of shit in your work and then tell yourself you deserved it....?

If you work in customer service (like being the admin for a forum), then yes it is literally your job to be nice to people.

Imagine going in to your local Waitrose and the checkout staff calls you a cuck

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

shes not the first act to list the first day of the festival as the day shes there, you didn't need me to explain it to me, the simz date is fairly new on her website as far as i know.

Ok then thanks for the update

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

If you work in customer service (like being the admin for a forum), then yes it is literally your job to be nice to people.

rule one of customer servicesP: the customer is often an idiot, don't assume good intentions.

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Imagine going in to your local Waitrose and the checkout staff calls you a cuck

1 minute ago, Neil said:

rule one of customer servicesP: the customer is often an idiot, don't assume good intentions.

It think it’s safe to assume Matt42 had no bad intentions. 

Shocking. 

57 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

An old trolls new account was outed and the thread has now turned to shit by many alternative accounts trying to defend the troll by attacking Neil

Is that really what you think happened? You think all the people in this thread are the same person except you and Neil?

59 minutes ago, stuie said:

It think it’s safe to assume Matt42 had no bad intentions. 

Shocking. 

He wasn't even joined up enough to work out what goes around comes around. He didn't like it coming around. 

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

He wasn't even joined up enough to work out what goes around comes around. He didn't like it coming around. 

You need a day off. I’ve seen you have these meltdowns before and repeatedly try to justify your behaviour…why not step away? It’s also fine to say ‘I’m having a crappy day, I overreacted, let’s move on’. 
Matt really didn’t deserve all of that and I am not a fully paid up member of his fan club…in fact, he occasionally has made me consider blocking his comments! 

• Like 1

I’m very much a long term lurker on here and rarely post but this thread has led me to getting my fingers typing. 
Matt42, although I disagree with a lot of your posts,  I enjoy your contributions on this site and for what it’s worth, I think you are an enthusiastic festival fan which is exactly what these forums should be full of. 
Neil, I mostly find you the voice of reason and when you post I take it as fact. I have to say though, I have spent the whole afternoon thinking someone has hacked your account. Assuming that is not the case it seems to me something odd is going on with you. Either way I wish you well and hope both you and matt42 can settle your differences. 
after all this forum is about the most joyous place on Earth and we shouldn’t lose sight of that. 

anyways, back to lurking for me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

As a relatively (very) new user can I just say I think this thread has been utterly laughable and these sort of meltdowns really undermine Neil's position as an admin of the site. I may not know the ins and outs of alt accounts and historic wrongs committed by users but I completely echo the numerous other voices in saying that Matt's comments have been invaluable to making this pointless maelstrom of conjecture and guessing games a worthwhile diversion for many of us. By calling him a cuck and generally having this sort of meltdown so publically you really have made a rod for your own back here in my opinion by feeding the trolls but also alienating many users who wish to read and comment in a safe space. And yes, maybe some troll users have done that too but two wrongs and all that..  Think you need to be the bigger man here if I'm honest! My two cents anyway, probably nothing new but this has been a massive turnoff for a new user tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barnabybear said:

I have spent the whole afternoon thinking someone has hacked your account. Assuming that is not the case it seems to me something odd is going on with you. Either way I wish you well and hope both you and matt42 can settle your differences. 

Hard agree. Genuinely thought the banned user had set an account up with the name Neil at first... 

7 minutes ago, gabe said:

As a relatively (very) new user can I just say I think this thread has been utterly laughable and these sort of meltdowns really undermine Neil's position as an admin of the site. I may not know the ins and outs of alt accounts and historic wrongs committed by users but I completely echo the numerous other voices in saying that Matt's comments have been invaluable to making this pointless maelstrom of conjecture and guessing games a worthwhile diversion for many of us. By calling him a cuck and generally having this sort of meltdown so publically you really have made a rod for your own back here in my opinion by feeding the trolls but also alienating many users who wish to read and comment in a safe space. And yes, maybe some troll users have done that too but two wrongs and all that..  Think you need to be the bigger man here if I'm honest! My two cents anyway, probably nothing new but this has been a massive turnoff for a new user tbh. 

It’s not been particularly edifying for a very long term user TBH

25 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

You need a day off. I’ve seen you have these meltdowns before and repeatedly try to justify your behaviour…why not step away? It’s also fine to say ‘I’m having a crappy day, I overreacted, let’s move on’. 

i'm having a crappy day, made crappier than it needed to be, there's no need of the trolling, which is aimed at each one of you, including the ones who've tried to brush it off.

25 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

Matt really didn’t deserve all of that and I am not a fully paid up member of his fan club…in fact, he occasionally has made me consider blocking his comments!