Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

Probably zero chance but after we wondered whether Paulo Nutini would fill the Aerosmith slot on the Pyramid stage and then had info he's actaully on the Other Stage....I wonder if The Strokes may take up that slot? Aren't they supposed to be playing a show down south? Like I say very unlikely due to their normal financial/positional demands.

2 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Probably zero chance but after we wondered whether Paulo Nutini would fill the Aerosmith slot on the Pyramid stage and then had info he's actaully on the Other Stage....I wonder if The Strokes may take up that slot? Aren't they supposed to be playing a show down south? Like I say very unlikely due to their normal financial/positional demands.

Matt said that MTS is playing fourth down on the Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Matt said that MTS is playing fourth down on the Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Oh I missed that. Well that makes much more sense. Have we had any info on The Waterboys? I'm expecting Acoustic Stage.

Conscious that it didn’t come from a source I can verify. But I also can’t rule it out. 

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Think they've said they're headlining on the Saturday. 

Oh that is a killer. Picking between them and Macca is not fun .

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Conscious that it didn’t come from a source I can verify. But I also can’t rule it out. 

Cheers 🙂

Haven’t they had a rap/hip hop artist mid pyramid most years? 4th/5th down pyramid before? Run The Jewels (2017), Skepta (albeit 5th down in 2016),  Mary J Blige (a stretch but in 2015), Kelis/De La soul (5th down 2014). 

Guess Lauryn Hill for 2019 kinda fits that too, albeit 3rd down.

This is what makes me think there may be something to Megan in a 4th down slot.

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Cuboid said:

Surely we only post here from sources we can verify. it's simply guess work if not. 

At some point a source can’t be verified for accuracy … like mine for the spider / Pangea … I’ve posted in good faith though … as it’s a discussion forum , hopefully it will prove accurate 

Not that anyone can say with any definitive accuracy, but how big do we reckon Confidence Man are in terms of that Park Stage Friday? I'm absolutely loving them as a new-ish discovery for me, but we're selling our Noel tickets for Delamere the week before so will want to check them out. Do we reckon day or into the evening? 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

At some point a source can’t be verified for accuracy … like mine for the spider / Pangea … I’ve posted in good faith though … as it’s a discussion forum , hopefully it will prove accurate 

Yeah totally get that. Not being a hater at all just Matt's posted about overmono being confirmed when they weren't. I'm sure they'll be there. it just feels like a lot of second guessing on here sometimes. 

Yeah totally get that. Not being a hater at all just Matt's posted about overmono being confirmed when they weren't. I'm sure they'll be there. it just feels like a lot of second guessing on here sometimes. 

We haven’t had the dance lineups yet - far too early on that one. Person who told me about Overmono shouldn’t be wrong. Weird if they are.

Welcome to the forum

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Haven’t they had a rap/hip hop artist mid pyramid most years? 4th/5th down pyramid before? Run The Jewels (2017), Skepta (albeit 5th down in 2016),  Mary J Blige (a stretch but in 2015), Kelis/De La soul (5th down 2014). 

It is kind of a thing. De La Soul did it on the Friday at my first ever in 2003. Pissed it down all morning then the Sun came out for them. Absolutely glorious.

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Not that anyone can say with any definitive accuracy, but how big do we reckon Confidence Man are in terms of that Park Stage Friday? I'm absolutely loving them as a new-ish discovery for me, but we're selling our Noel tickets for Delamere the week before so will want to check them out. Do we reckon day or into the evening? 

I'd peg them late afternoon/early evening. Maybe fourth/fifth down?

29 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I thought they might’ve given it a miss this year what with having both Kendrick and Doja already up there, but Megan seems to fit that bill if she’s fourth down. 

17 minutes ago, Cuboid said:

They might be confirmed but are being coy for some reason. Would be frankly insane if they weren’t there.

3 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

They might be confirmed but are being coy for some reason. Would be frankly insane if they weren’t there.

I totally agree. Hence it’s easy to make assumptions as confirmations. I asked them outright and they don’t know yet. I don’t know Megan the stallion so I’ll have to take his word for it 🤣

On 3/10/2022 at 5:48 AM, kingcrawler said:

Bonobo subbed West Holts in 2014 and I’d say they’re a bigger deal now, so strong sub or headliner I think. If we can nail down what day Little Simz is playing that should solve it but I’d be inclined to go with Bonobo, Little Simz and Bicep as the West Holts headliners.

Don’t forget the happy Mondays they were down to play 2020 and could still be added to headline WH Friday night