Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not immediately before I wouldn't have said.  Second on after the brass band or whoever.  Same slot Mavis Staples played last time.

The Jamie Cullum, Gregory Porter easy listening soft jazz soul slot. Herbie can bring the funk though. Take the baseline for a walk etc. 

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

can tyou pleASE let me know of anything i have wrong or missing on my lineups page.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2022/lineup.shtml

I think you've accidentally moved St. Vincent to Wednesday, she should be Friday. Some others who have confirmed days are:

Friday - Crowded House (Pyramid), Bonobo (West Holts), Confidence Man (Park), Khruangbin, Four Tet, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Sleaford Mods (Other)
Sunday - Nightmares On Wax (West Holts), Amyl and the Sniffers, Turnstile

We've also heard info about Burna Boy (Other), Arlo Parks (Park) and Sigrid (John Peel) but no days are confirmed yet. I think Years & Years are Sunday Other stage too.

Edited by kingcrawler

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I think you've accidentally moved St. Vincent to Wednesday, she should be Friday. Some others who have confirmed days are:

Friday - Crowded House (Pyramid), Bonobo (West Holts), Confidence Man (Park), Khruangbin, Four Tet, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Sleaford Mods (Other)
Sunday - Nightmares On Wax (West Holts), Amyl and the Sniffers, Turnstile

We've also heard info about Burna Boy (Other), Arlo Parks (Park) and Sigrid (John Peel) but no days are confirmed yet.

I think he’s done that because someone posted her tour dates with Wednesday on it. But yeah, she’s doing Friday, it’s just got Wed listed as it’s the first day of the festival.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

didn't the thing somone posted in this topic( from her website, i think) say wednesday...?

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I think he’s done that because someone posted her tour dates with Wednesday on it. But yeah, she’s doing Friday, it’s just got Wed listed as it’s the first day of the festival.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

didn't the thing somone posted in this topic( from her website, i think) say wednesday...?

Ah fair enough, yeah she's far too big to play anywhere on Wednesday and was booked up to support Foo Fighters on Saturday (not happening now obviously) and Dublin on Sunday, so she'll be playing on Friday.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I’d actually classify Solar Power as the most disappointing record / most offensive album of all time.

It literally isn’t an enjoyable listening experience. It borders on infuriating. I feel like I’m being mocked when I listen to it. Massive ick.

Be Here Now was the sound of excessive cocaine use.

Solar Power is what happens when you spend all day getting stoned on a beach instead of writing bangers.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

You can go for a piss during all of it.

That's the strongest run you've seen? 2014, Metallica, Jack White, Robert Plant, Lana Del Rey. Ed Sheeran, Biffy Clyro, Chic and Barry Gib was huge. The latter was a stadium act, a band that would still headline 3 major festival probably in the UK and a much better tea time legend than this year. Noel demands his slots he does because he plays 4 Oasis songs at the end of his set, he's also headlining the same festival that Clean Bandit are. The Cure, VW....the weak link imo, used to be a bigger fan Miley and Kylie was huge too. 3 comfortable huge area acts.

I meant personally at a festival I’ve been at in the flesh. Definitely a great run in that you’ve mentioned there though 👏

39 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Solar Power is what happens when you spend all day getting stoned on a beach instead of writing bangers.

Imo Solar Power is what happens when you experiment so much with a concept that it becomes unlikeable. 

Concept albums are risky, because if people don’t buy the concept it double flops.

Think Gaga learned this lesson a bit with Artpop. It wasn’t that bad of an album but she went too hard on the theming and it became an album for Gaga fans only. 

Edited by Matt42

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Imo Solar Power is what happens when you experiment so much with a concept that it becomes unlikeable. 

Concept albums are risky, because if people don’t buy the concept it double flops.

Think Gaga learned this lesson a bit with Artpop. It wasn’t that bad of an album but she went too hard on the theming and it became an album for Gaga fans only. 

Tbf ‘rich girl smoking a bunch of weed and discovering daisy chains’ isn’t much of a concept to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Be Here Now sounds class when using cocaine I think it’s fair to say.

Does Solar Power sound good getting stoned on the beach?

40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Solar Power is also just mostly bad. Like other than the title track it's appears as though Lorde has forgotten how to write a sticky melody

Well I’d never heard any of Doja Cat’s music until 5 minutes ago and given the number of plays on Spotify she’s surely subbing.

Her music is absolutely garbage though so I’m a bit bemused at it all to be honest 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neil said:

can tyou pleASE let me know of anything i have wrong or missing on my lineups page.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2022/lineup.shtml

Just a few more things

Beabadoobee is on Saturday

Emma-jean thackray is on Saturday

Four Tet is on Friday

Girl in red is on Friday

Jesus on Mary chain are on Friday

Turnstile are on Sunday, not Saturday

Wet Leg are on Friday

Edited by Acid_Haze

13 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Just a few more things

Four Tet is on Friday

Girl in red is on Friday

Wet Leg are on Friday

I didn't know about this one but just checked her website and she's down for Sunday. Another one for West Holts that day?

20 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I didn't know about this one but just checked her website and she's down for Sunday. Another one for West Holts that day?

Had her down for Park but guess she could easily slot in on WH below the acts we currently have. 

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Pretty sure we don’t have Wet Leg confirmed for Friday, do we?

They're busy on Saturday and in Bristol on Thursday, so they probably are Friday, but not definitely (unless I’ve missed something).

Correct

9 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Just a few more things

Four Tet is on Friday

Girl in red is on Friday

Wet Leg are on Friday

Is this new info or have I missed something? 

15 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Eh? The poster said it's a potential 4-act run that they think is brilliant & are looking forward to; the strongest run they'd have seen at a fest. It's literally who they do and don't like.

15 hours ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

I meant personally at a festival I’ve been at in the flesh. Definitely a great run in that you’ve mentioned there though 👏

To both above, that's fair enough and agreed. I will state that the most outstanding one is Macca clearly. Just wish he was in a different year.

13 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Well I’d never heard any of Doja Cat’s music until 5 minutes ago and given the number of plays on Spotify she’s surely subbing.

Her music is absolutely garbage though so I’m a bit bemused at it all to be honest 😂

Tbf though any of us could listen to her like others on Spotify. That doesn't result in positions, ticket sales do.

I think she's 3rd myself. Only subbing Longitude and not headlining Wireless, is she even subbing Wireless? Playing lower down slots to play more gigs.

America is much bigger so can afford to book her the same slot multiply.

Edited by thewayiam