Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Mikey Cyrus is way way way bigger than Vampire Weekend.

Katy Perry is way way way bigger than The National.

Aerosmith are way way way bigger than most of the acts that were due to be playing above them this year.

Fair I agree but the National and Vampire Weekend are way way bigger than Wolf Alice. Both bands can comfortably headline mid sized / larger festivals across the whole world.

Wolf Alice are a serious step down from that.

Edited by Matt42

47 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Why is Paolo Nutini still seen as a big draw? Hasn't released any new material for years has he and even then was it THAT good?

He’s huge up here in Scotland but not as sure down south. 

Although I’d argue part of what makes him bigger is the lack of frequency of albums. He properly disappears for years at a time. 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

He’s huge up here in Scotland but not as sure down south. 

Although I’d argue part of what makes him bigger is the lack of frequency of albums. He properly disappears for years at a time. 

He's headlining Victorious alongside Sam Fender and Stereophonics although hes not doing like 10 different festivals like the other two are.

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Lorde is seriously stinking up the gaff in these predictions. It's like Utd persevering with Maguire.

Just dab her out the door and stick on someone good as a replacement. There's more than enough acts around this summer.

I don’t doubt she’s going to smash it at the roundhouse and I will probably care less - but it goes to show how bad it can go when you release a stinker of an album. Takes the wind out the sails.

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Lorde is seriously stinking up the gaff in these predictions. It's like Utd persevering with Maguire.

Just dab her out the door and stick on someone good as a replacement. There's more than enough acts around this summer.

Could say this about every act Glasto have booked for for 2nd/3rd Pyramid and top 2 Other this year 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Every time I put solar power on I think “maybe it will sound better now that the dust is settled”.

Nope. It doesn’t.

Yeah fuck that album. The hype difference between her previous stuff and anything from that album is gonna be night and day. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah fuck that album. The hype difference between her previous stuff and anything from that album is gonna be night and day. 

I’d actually classify Solar Power as the most disappointing record / most offensive album of all time.

It literally isn’t an enjoyable listening experience. It borders on infuriating. I feel like I’m being mocked when I listen to it. Massive ick.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Who knows if Doja Cat will even turn up. Reports suggest she is quitting music!

It’s a joke she’s running on Twitter. She said was quitting music and then performed a festival set later that evening.

Her Americas tour she is currently on is running unchanged. Due to be at Coachella in the next few weeks too.

Edited by Matt42

19 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Thank you, although I know I can go somewhere else I'm really hoping for a good run up to Kendrick on Sunday and all you people can give me is fucking Lorde and Elbow?

21 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Couldn't agree more. Baffled to see so many predictions of her subbing Pyramid or headlining Other

Lorde will be fine as long as she doesn’t lean too heavily on Solar Power.

Stoned At the Nail Salon is a great song, and there are a few more songs from that album that won’t stink up the gaff (Solar Power, Mood Ring, The Path).

Add in the bangers from the previous two albums and I still expect it to be a good time. I know I’d rather see her than the other candidates for those slots (Doja Cat, Wolf Alice, Paolo Nutini, Elbow if your name is dentalplan).

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Kendrick / Doja / Elbow / Diana  Is a crazy good run. Can go for a piss during elbow / see Sam fender

but would the Doja Kendrick ending be too local unfriendly?

You can go for a piss during all of it.

2 hours ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

The proposed run of Haim/Noel/Macca is brilliant and one that I’m thoroughly looking forward to. Add Paolo in 4th down then it’s probably the strongest 4 act run I’ve seen at a festival. Would be gutted if Paolo got added/clashed with Macca. Surely not though…

That's the strongest run you've seen? 2014, Metallica, Jack White, Robert Plant, Lana Del Rey. Ed Sheeran, Biffy Clyro, Chic and Barry Gib was huge. The latter was a stadium act, a band that would still headline 3 major festival probably in the UK and a much better tea time legend than this year. Noel demands his slots he does because he plays 4 Oasis songs at the end of his set, he's also headlining the same festival that Clean Bandit are. The Cure, VW....the weak link imo, used to be a bigger fan Miley and Kylie was huge too. 3 comfortable huge area acts.

1 hour ago, downtherabbithole said:

I gotta feeling The War on Drugs are gonna headline the park on Sunday. That'll be the guitar band. They're playing Bristol the day after and have probably been held back from the poster because they still have UK tour dates available. As a big fan, I'm blindly hoping this is the case anyway.

more of this chat please!! So hoping they make it onto the poster 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

Tragic

Not really, we're talking strongest! Not who we like or don't. I'm not a huge Metallica fan but they are huge.

It's tragic to think was wasn't a massive massive booking. Yes it didn't go as he'd have planned and really was not the best headline set.