Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Personally if it's an album I want to listen to then it's rare that I'll skip tracks. Wouldn't call them perfect by any stretch, but they make it the total package.  I'm sure there'll be some albums where that's the case, but if I'm skipping tracks then chances are I prefer the songs to the album, in which case they go in a playlist.

I’d probably claim no more than 10 albums I love are perfect, and I much prefer to listen to an entire album, the poorer tracks have to be really bad for me to skip them. I more listen to playlists when I’m driving. 

Oh yeah and I tend to make setlist playlists for gigs I’m going to, especially if it’s someone who I’ve not listened to that much or I know they’re gonna be playing a lot from albums I don’t know. Makes it easier to get into it than forcing myself to listen to loads of albums on repeat.

32 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’d probably claim no more than 10 albums I love are perfect, and I much prefer to listen to an entire album, the poorer tracks have to be really bad for me to skip them. I more listen to playlists when I’m driving. 

That’s exactly like me, very few what I would describe as perfect, the best example of that perfection for me is Ziggy Stardust.  I do tend to try and listen a complete album even the weaker tracks at least a few times but will skip tracks after that. 

49 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Oh yeah and I tend to make setlist playlists for gigs I’m going to, especially if it’s someone who I’ve not listened to that much or I know they’re gonna be playing a lot from albums I don’t know. Makes it easier to get into it than forcing myself to listen to loads of albums on repeat.

Yeah this, especially for Glastonbury and other festivals. It's basically how I discover most of my new music, pick up someone I like from @Brave Sir Robin 's playlist then make a playlist for that act from their Setlist.fm stats. Means you get a good cross section of an act's history, and you'd imagine all of their bangers and best songs would fall in their top 25/30 or so regularly played tracks.

9 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Are y'all confusing electioneering with fitter happier? 

Electioneering slaps

Fitter Happier is obvs dead but it’s just an interlude rather than a song, ain’t it? Electioneering very rubbish/annoying tune.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Imagine trying to fuck with Lucky.

It's not a bad song, it's just the second worst on the album excluding FH, and I prefer Lift. So swapping it out would marginally improve the album for me.

8 minutes ago, Mwk525 said:

Does anyone know why mcfly are listed as a strong rumour on ‘glasto fest Feed’? They seem like such a crazy booking but I bet they’d be good fun to watch.

IIRC they strongly hinted during a breakfast show appearance that they'd be there.

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

IIRC they strongly hinted during a breakfast show appearance that they'd be there.

Oh nice! I think they’d be a great Avalon headliner I’d even consider going if it’s the Friday

1 hour ago, Mwk525 said:

Does anyone know why mcfly are listed as a strong rumour on ‘glasto fest Feed’? They seem like such a crazy booking but I bet they’d be good fun to watch.

It was from an interview on The One Show.