Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I feel like she’s the bigger draw right now and has a bit more of a “stick” when it comes to where she likes to be placed on lineups. Whereas Megan etc is more flexible. If you line up all the stages / placements she’s doing it’s all different.

Doja is playing Glastonbury on a year where Wireless, R&L and all the other big hop festivals would have done ANYTHING to get her. I have no evidence for it but I really think R&L would have offered her a headline position this year too. She’s doing Glastonbury instead.

To me, for her to play, at a much lower fee than what she would get elsewhere she has to be getting a good deal. I think that’s a slot on El Pointy which matches up with the other slots she’s getting elsewhere. Right before the headliner.

She could be subbing Billie, but I think they may put her under Kendrick as it’s a nice double pairing. They’ve done it before with Pharrell and Kanye. I also think it’s a pretty GOAT way of Glastonbury standing out amongst their competition, Coachella, Rolling Loud, Wireless, and even R&L would kill for a top 2 like that. Glastonbury being able to book that on top of a full standard Glastonbury lineup too is seriously seriously impressive going. Other festivals would bag Kendrick subbed by Doja and have a weak as shit undercard because that’s half their budget gone.

I guess we could have Lorde into Billie, Friday the night of whispery pop music

Also - i don't really think she would have been offered a headline slot at R&L, she's playing smaller festivals than that in the UK and not headlining (longitude, wireless, lollapalooza stockholm). Usually an artist who headlines festivals like those would be the sub at Glastonbury.

Edited by Acid_Haze

7 minutes ago, sisco said:

The locals are going to love that Kendrick and Doja 1/2

Glastonbury shouldn’t feel mortgaged to impressing the locals who come on the Sunday. They also shouldn’t book the pyramid with that in mind. They should get the best bookings they can regardless of days.

Plus the locals are getting Diana Ross, Years & Years and Pet Shop Boys on that day. They should be fine.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Glastonbury shouldn’t feel mortgaged to impressing the locals who come on the Sunday. They also shouldn’t book the pyramid with that in mind. They should get the best bookings they can regardless of days.

Plus the locals are getting Diana Ross, Years & Years and Pet Shop Boys on that day. They should be fine.

Thank fuck I'm not a local.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I agree, but also think they want to keep them on side wherever possible. Hopefully we’ll get an indication soon anyway 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

I agree, but also think they want to keep them on side wherever possible. Hopefully we’ll get an indication soon anyway 

It works both ways though. Imagine if the stars aligned and Rage were to headline the Sunday. I’d hate for Glasto to turn away good bookings because they are too shouty and the locals won’t like them. I think it’s good that Emily keeps her focus on the sustainability of the festival and keeping it fresh.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

It works both ways though. Imagine if the stars aligned and Rage were to headline the Sunday. I’d hate for Glasto to turn away good bookings because they are too shouty and the locals won’t like them. I think it’s good that Emily keeps her focus on the sustainability of the festival and keeping it fresh.

I’m not sure “fresh” and “RATM” really belong in the same sentence.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I’m not sure “fresh” and “RATM” really belong in the same sentence.

Maybe fresh is the wrong word, what I mean is she doesn’t just play it safe and takes risks. 

Also I’d be interested to see what the definition of local is now. I grew up not too far from the site (just out of the radius) and most of the locals I knew gave their tickets to their kids / younger members of their family. Obviously some will go as a family but most of the locals I know who go were my age!

Edited by Matt42

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Friday: Billie Eilish // TBA // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // Easy Life // Rufus Wainwright 

Saturday: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Phoebe Bridgers // Sigrid // Koffee

Sunday: Kendrick Lamar // Doja Cat // Lorde // Diana Ross // Crowded House // Herbie Hancock // Black Dyke Band

Solid pyramid lineup imo. On the basis they are doing 7 a day.

Sigrid, Pheebs, Haim is a run I can fuck with. 

29 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Why no support for TWOD? 😞

Wondering if it's feasible to do this right after Glasto...

Have you been to Glasto before?

Once I got home Monday afternoon from Glasto and woke up Wednesday morning. 

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Goddamnit, Elbow are gonna stink up that lovely Pyramid run, aren’t they?!

Pyramid was looking pretty stacked on that Friday anyway!

Could be a curveball park stage headliner maybe? A nice vanilla alternative to Kendrick?