Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

1 minute ago, Divein said:

You’ve pissed me off as well if it’s an consolation.

Really set my heart on a Fontaines DC/Caribou double on the Park on the Friday.

I don’t think Fontaines at playing John Peel though. 

Have we yet had an act, rolled over from 2020, who are confirmed for a different stage than the one they were placed in for those playlists? I assume there will be the odd alteration, but so far there is good reason to think virtually all of them are being retained. Fontaines DC x The Park a genuine possibility in that case.

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Still think Saturday is missing a modern indie/rock option. 

Its probably quite likely that we're missing a headliner or two given we're still waiting for a third of the lineup. 

I get what you’re saying but I’d be surprised if all of the indie/rock attendees aren’t all going to see Macca.

Stick Calvin/Prodigy in that Saturday TBA and I think that looks like a pretty solid night of headliners each day.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So putting Burna as an other headliner to one side - does this seem feasible? Sorry if I’ve missed an important nugget it’s been a bit all over the place!

Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney, Kendrick Lamar

Foals, TBA, Pet Shop Boys

Bonobo, Little Simz, Bicep

Primal Scream, Burna Boy, Charli XCX

Phoebe Bridgers, Caribou, Róisín Murphy

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, The Waterboys, Suzanne Vega

Really can’t see Burna Boy headlining John Peel especially if that TBA is Megan. 

I think it’s much more likely to be Four Tet, Charli, Primal Scream for JP.

1 minute ago, Divein said:

Really can’t see Burna Boy headlining John Peel especially if that TBA is Megan. 

I think it’s much more likely to be Four Tet, Charli, Primal Scream for JP.

I don’t think the TBA is Megan I think it’s a missing act.

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Primal Scream werent headlining the JP in 2020 so wouldnt be suprised if they werent doing it again this year either....

Who was headlining it in 2020? I thought we’d assumed it was Editors on Friday (we had info saying this), Primal Scream on Saturday (we knew they were playing Saturday) and Charli XCX on Sunday (we knew she was headlining but no idea which day). I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if they didn’t headline it but I think they’re still big enough and would draw a decent crowd.

11 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Who was headlining it in 2020? I thought we’d assumed it was Editors on Friday (we had info saying this), Primal Scream on Saturday (we knew they were playing Saturday) and Charli XCX on Sunday (we knew she was headlining but no idea which day). I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if they didn’t headline it but I think they’re still big enough and would draw a decent crowd.

Maybe I'm wrong but I though Charli was confirmed for Saturday as well? And therefore Primal Scream must have been on before her? I'm sure someone with a better memory will correct me if I am wrong....

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I though Charli was confirmed for Saturday as well? And therefore Primal Scream must have been on before her? I'm sure someone with a better memory will correct me if I am wrong....

I could be wrong but I think we all just assumed Charli was on Saturday as her clashing with Taylor Swift seemed odd. Once we knew Primal Scream were on Saturday, Charli on Sunday seemed reasonable and also avoided a clash with Dua Lipa which probably made more sense. There might have been info that I can’t remember but I’m sure Charli headlining the Saturday was just something we all collectively decided was happening.

28 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Robert Plant could well be 3rd down Pyramid Friday. 

According to setlist.fm they haven’t played together since 2015 so things might’ve changed, but judging by the setlists him and Alison Krauss have done in the past… they ain’t gonna be third down. It isn’t gonna be a bunch of Led Zep songs to win the crowd over like last time he played. Fourth, or even fifth down, or even acoustic seems the perfect fit for what he’s doing these days.

What can we say for the leaked Arcadia DJ acts?

Annie mac - free all weekend

Chemical Brothers - Looks like the chemical brothers DJ set will be friday night/sat AM as they are playing live in yorkshire on the sunday night so probably want some sleep before that. Ireland on thursday

Carl Cox - free all weekend

Aphex Twin - free all weekend

calvin harris / love regenerator - free all weekend

Okay that was a bit more dull than I expected - I knew about chems and decided to just post them all but the rest were boring. Is there anyone else i forgot i thought we had more than 5

57 minutes ago, gfa said:

Chemical Brothers - Looks like the chemical brothers DJ set will be friday night/sat AM as they are playing live in yorkshire on the sunday night so probably want some sleep before that. Ireland on thursday

Okay that was a bit more dull than I expected - I knew about chems and decided to just post them all but the rest were boring. Is there anyone else i forgot i thought we had more than 5

No I think that was it for Arcadia. We’ve had info about other DJs playing elsewhere.

Sunday 2019 was all drum and bass. So those five are probably five out of the 8 slots for Friday and Saturday. 

There were two B2B sets last time (Cox/Jamie Jones & FBS/Eats Everything) so perhaps missing 5 non-D&B acts from that list.

i note 2017 had more acts (as it had shorter sets and opened at 7pm, rather than 10pm) so maybe there’s way more acts. This also meant there were non-D&B on the Sunday (groove armada and Mistajam) but probs makes more sense to go by 2019.

Edited by MaxPower

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Calvin's busy on the Friday at his Ushuaia residency

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Do we have any idea what days

Caroline Polachek, Clairo, Griff, Holly Humberstone, Sigrid are playing?

I am hoping they will all be in early slots and not at high clash times. 

Clairos tour page says the 26th. Her other festival appearances have specific days on them.

Funny how Aphex Twin performing anywhere is seen as dull.

Edited by Suprefan

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Funny how Aphex Twin performing anywhere is seen as dull.

You completely mis-interpreted what i said. The rest were boring as they were just free all weekend - vs actually being boring.

On 3/19/2022 at 7:49 PM, gazzared said:

Wasn't their a rumour they were gonna have a grand opening on Thursday night at the pyramid for the 50th anniversary ? 

they'd have to amend the licence, and it would kick off a big fuss locally, locals fears are mostly based around the festival expanding in some way or other.

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

You completely mis-interpreted what i said. The rest were boring as they were just free all weekend - vs actually being boring.

Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

they'd have to amend the licence, and it would kick off a big fuss locally, locals fears are mostly based around the festival expanding in some way or other.

Im sure if it lined their pockets they wouldnt say anything.  If that kind of thing ever happened I think Other Stage would be where you do things and not the Pyramid. You dont have to have huge names performing, but something enticing enough thatll get people excited for the rest of the weekend.

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Fair enough.

Im sure if it lined their pockets they wouldnt say anything.  If that kind of thing ever happened I think Other Stage would be where you do things and not the Pyramid. You dont have to have huge names performing, but something enticing enough thatll get people excited for the rest of the weekend.

other stage wou,ld be a better bet as it wouldnt upset the locals quite as much because it points away from pilton, while the pyramid points straight at pilton.

15 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Fair enough.

Problem is though that if you have any acts on the Other, regardless of size, they will draw huge and dangerous, amounts of people to that area. This has always been the problem with saying "well they could just have stuff on X stage on the Thursday". Williams Green gets away with a couple of bands because they aren't widely announced in advance and are small enough to fly under most people's radar, even then it gets crazily busy around there.

Acts on any of the main stages on Thursday will never happen.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Problem is though that if you have any acts on the Other, regardless of size, they will draw huge and dangerous, amounts of people to that area. This has always been the problem with saying "well they could just have stuff on X stage on the Thursday". Williams Green gets away with a couple of bands because they aren't widely announced in advance and are small enough to fly under most people's radar, even then it gets crazily busy around there.

Acts on any of the main stages on Thursday will never happen.

Smaller stuff on the pyramid could 100% work if they boosted the dance offerings etc to split people up more. Its a big field but obviously has the noise issues others mentioned.