Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

Just now, mufcok said:

I've fallen behind with this thread, have we got confirmation that Bicep are Sunday - West Holts headliners? Buzzing if so, had the McCartney clash fear

You missed a two hour spell where they confirmed for Saturday, we spent ages discussing it, only to find out it was a mistake and they're actually headlining West Holts on Sunday. Like yourself, I was really hoping they didn't clash with Macca so those two give me great options for headliners on Saturday and Sunday.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

You missed a two hour spell where they confirmed for Saturday, we spent ages discussing it, only to find out it was a mistake and they're actually headlining West Holts on Sunday. Like yourself, I was really hoping they didn't clash with Macca so those two give me great options for headliners on Saturday and Sunday.

Everything's coming up Milhouse. 

Just need Fontaines/Caribou on Park to go Friday now (assuming they're both on Park) 🤞

Based on what we know and the Playlists last time.

Pyramid - Macca, Billie, Kendrick, Di Ro, Easy Life, HAIM, NGHFB, Crowded House, Elbow, Herbie Hancock, Griff, Kacey Musgraves, Rufus Waingwright

Other - Foals, PSB, Years and Years, Blossoms, Sam Fender, Declan McKenna, , Metronomy, Liane La Havas, Skunk Anansie, Supergrass

WH - Bonobo, Celeste, Bicep, Nightmares On Wax, Little Simz, Angelique Kiojo, Greentea Peng, Nubya Garcia, Seaun Kuti & Egypt 80, TLC, Snarky Puppy

Acoustic - The Waterboys, The Undertones

John Peel - Beabadoobee, Burna Boy, Charlie XCX, Clairo, Glass Animals, JMAC, Primal Scream

Park Stage - Big Thief, Caribou, Cate Le Bon, Confidence Man, Fontaines DC, Jarv is, Khurangbin, Squid, The Avalanches, Sampa the great

Left to go:

Amyl and the Sniffers, Arlo Parks, Black MidiCaroline Polachek, Courtney Barrett, Doja Cat, Dry Cleaning, Emma Jean Thackeray, First Aid Kit, Four Tet, Gabriels, Ghetts, Girl in Red, Holly Humberstone, Idles, Inhaler, Jessie Ware, Joy Crookes, Koffee, Leon Bridges, Lorde, Megan Thee Stallion, Mitski, Olivia Rodrigo, Phoebe Bridgers, Plant & Krauss, Roision Murphy, Self Esteen, Sleaford Mods, Sigrid, St Vincent, Tems, Turnstile, Warmdouscher, Wet Leg, Wolf Alice, Yves Tumour

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Thats the playlists from 2020.

Cheers. I'm surprised they were booked for Park in 2020 though. Played WG in 2019, and I don't think they'd have been much bigger the year after without much music, or a debut album out yet. Just need Black Midi to be on there now, a lot of predictions on here are putting them on JP which I'm not a huge fan of.

Just now, Miyn said:

Cheers. I'm surprised they were booked for Park in 2020 though. Played WG in 2019, and I don't think they'd have been much bigger the year after without much music, or a debut album out yet. Just need Black Midi to be on there now, a lot of predictions on here are putting them on JP which I'm not a huge fan of.

I agree. I want Park, think they'd smash it on there. 

Fontaines/Phoebe headlining Friday is what I really want. Plant on the pyramid then Fontaines/Phoebe on the Park for Friday evening - make it happen.

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Where did the Griff on Pyramid thing come from?

Agree with Easy Life. That would be mental.

I think Griff told someone (here?) in the toilets at the Brit Awards that she’d be “main stage, see you there” at Glastonbury. But that’s probably what I’d say to someone when half-cut in a toilets if someone asked me if I was playing Glastonbury.

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Griff told someone (here?) in the toilets at the Brit Awards that she’d be “main stage, see you there” at Glastonbury. But that’s probably what I’d say to someone when half-cut in a toilets if someone asked me if I was playing Glastonbury.

Using her guest appearance with Sigrid to lie about her placement. Sad!

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I agree. I want Park, think they'd smash it on there. 

Fontaines/Phoebe headlining Friday is what I really want. Plant on the pyramid then Fontaines/Phoebe on the Park for Friday evening - make it happen.

Saw Squid twice last year, at Latitude and Leeds and they were great at both. So they're high up my list this year.

I read some of the reviews of people seeing BM at Green Man last year, and it looks like they don't change how they are for a festival set, so it'll be interesting bringing my group to go and see them. I hope they aren't too high up Park on Saturday as it looks like I might be at the Pyramid for a while that day.

Phoebe on Friday Park would be fantastic. Hope they've for her headlining it and not doing an Other stage slot. The Park setup fits her style perfectly, so it has the potential to be an all time great Park headline set. If she ends on I Know the End it will be a perfect, "WE'RE FINALLY BACK AT GLASTONBURY!" moment. So I really hope she's got that slot.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’d say 4am hell stage. 

5 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Saw Squid twice last year, at Latitude and Leeds and they were great at both. So they're high up my list this year.

I read some of the reviews of people seeing BM at Green Man last year, and it looks like they don't change how they are for a festival set, so it'll be interesting bringing my group to go and see them. I hope they aren't too high up Park on Saturday as it looks like I might be at the Pyramid for a while that day.

Phoebe on Friday Park would be fantastic. Hope they've for her headlining it and not doing an Other stage slot. The Park setup fits her style perfectly, so it has the potential to be an all time great Park headline set. If she ends on I Know the End it will be a perfect, "WE'RE FINALLY BACK AT GLASTONBURY!" moment. So I really hope she's got that slot.

I was at the Latitude and Leeds sets, brilliant they were. Leeds was funny as it was in the middle of a rock night, so people gravitated to it and stayed, enjoying it, even if they didn't intend to see them. Latitude I thought was excellent, really enjoyed that before Wolf Alice. Saw them at Rock City in September and it didn't beat Latitude. Yeah I hope Friday or early another day.

Surely the festival know Friday Park headline would be perfect for her! I want my headliners to be Phoebe // Macca // Kendrick. Gonna be gutted if she isn't.

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I was at the Latitude and Leeds sets, brilliant they were. Leeds was funny as it was in the middle of a rock night, so people gravitated to it and stayed, enjoying it, even if they didn't intend to see them.

I saw quite a few people leave after they started playing which I thought was funny. A few were intrigued like "ooh, there's going to be a band on", but I don't think they were expecting Squid.

Just out of chance, were you the person who went round asking a few people if they were there to see Squid? I was sitting against the barrier and someone in (I think?) their late teens or early 20's asked me if I was there for the indie rock music or Squid, and when I told them I was waiting for Squid they got excited that there was actually a few fans there. Mentioned that I listened to a bit of Radio 6 and some other post punk bands, and it was like they'd found their long lost twin. I don't think I've ever had someone that excited to see me. They were actually really nice. It wasn't you by any chance was it?

12 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I saw quite a few people leave after they started playing which I thought was funny. A few were intrigued like "ooh, there's going to be a band on", but I don't think they were expecting Squid.

Just out of chance, were you the person who went round asking a few people if they were there to see Squid? I was sitting against the barrier and someone in (I think?) their late teens or early 20's asked me if I was there for the indie rock music or Squid, and when I told them I was waiting for Squid they got excited that there was actually a few fans there. Mentioned that I listened to a bit of Radio 6 and some other post punk bands, and it was like they'd found their long lost twin. I don't think I've ever had someone that excited to see me. They were actually really nice. It wasn't you by any chance was it?

Definitely weren't expecting Squid! 

Yeah that probably was me. In fact it definitely was, you've gigged my memory. I was with two others I think at that time and yeah asked whether you were seeing them. Hahaha that's mad. I mean it was a shock seeing anyone into Squid at Leeds, especially with how the demographic is. Think we were two of the only Squid fans there - my mates didn't care enough to stay.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Based on what we know and the Playlists last time.

Pyramid - Macca, Billie, Kendrick, Di Ro, Easy Life, HAIM, NGHFB, Crowded House, Elbow, Herbie Hancock, Griff, Kacey Musgraves, Rufus Waingwright

Other - Foals, PSB, Years and Years, Blossoms, Sam Fender, Declan McKenna, , Metronomy, Liane La Havas, Skunk Anansie, Supergrass

WH - Bonobo, Celeste, Bicep, Nightmares On Wax, Little Simz, Angelique Kiojo, Greentea Peng, Nubya Garcia, Seaun Kuti & Egypt 80, TLC, Snarky Puppy

Acoustic - The Waterboys, The Undertones

John Peel - Beabadoobee, Burna Boy, Charlie XCX, Clairo, Glass Animals, JMAC, Primal Scream

Park Stage - Big Thief, Caribou, Cate Le Bon, Confidence Man, Fontaines DC, Jarv is, Khurangbin, Squid, The Avalanches, Sampa the great

Left to go:

Amyl and the Sniffers, Arlo Parks, Black MidiCaroline Polachek, Courtney Barrett, Doja Cat, Dry Cleaning, Emma Jean Thackeray, First Aid Kit, Four Tet, Gabriels, Ghetts, Girl in Red, Holly Humberstone, Idles, Inhaler, Jessie Ware, Joy Crookes, Koffee, Leon Bridges, Lorde, Megan Thee Stallion, Mitski, Olivia Rodrigo, Phoebe Bridgers, Plant & Krauss, Roision Murphy, Self Esteen, Sleaford Mods, Sigrid, St Vincent, Tems, Turnstile, Warmdouscher, Wet Leg, Wolf Alice, Yves Tumour

That's good but not what I was thinking of. Someone had a list of how main main stage acts were missing from the 1st poster each year.

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

That's good but not what I was thinking of. Someone had a list of how main main stage acts were missing from the 1st poster each year.

I know the list you mean, not sure where to find it on here but you’ve tweeted a couple of them previously

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I know the list you mean, not sure where to find it on here but you’ve tweeted a couple of them previously

I should have thought of that. 😁

That shows me it was @Andeeroo

Edited by Gnomicide