Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tour is almost bigger than Wolf Alice’s at this point isn’t it? And Lorde’s.

Phoebe to sub (alongside Elbow).

Are there enough girls with flannel shirts and guys with untrimmed beards at glasto to give her a sub crowd?

11 hours ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

You might not get many chances to see Kendrick.

Bicep on the other hand could be like the chemical brothers and gig most summers. 

When I have to choose a clash I usually go with who I am least likely to get to see again.

This is all fair & I agree. I also have no issue being on my own but... we as a group have said it's our last Glastonbury. Last night with everyone together is probably how it should end.

West Holts will be absolutely rammed for Bicep for sure. 25 and younger crowd will all be there.

Packed the field as headliners at Field Day last year and kept them all there till the big finale (contrast to Jamie XX who cleared the field before the half way point the night before).

only people I know that would go to Kenny are Irish, as we’ve been seeing them live since we’ve been clubbing. 

7 minutes ago, TorontoScot said:

Just watched Bonobo here in Toronto, met Simon afterwards and asked him where he was playing at glasto.  Friday night west holts apparently. He didnae say whether he was headlining or not. 

Probably a sub or 3rd. Caribou played with the sun setting on them and Moderat subbed Justice in 2017, so its not too big of a deal for Bonobo to not headline and need darkness. 

22 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Probably a sub or 3rd. Caribou played with the sun setting on them and Moderat subbed Justice in 2017, so its not too big of a deal for Bonobo to not headline and need darkness. 

Bonobo subbed West Holts in 2014 and I’d say they’re a bigger deal now, so strong sub or headliner I think. If we can nail down what day Little Simz is playing that should solve it but I’d be inclined to go with Bonobo, Little Simz and Bicep as the West Holts headliners.

33 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Bonobo subbed West Holts in 2014 and I’d say they’re a bigger deal now, so strong sub or headliner I think. If we can nail down what day Little Simz is playing that should solve it but I’d be inclined to go with Bonobo, Little Simz and Bicep as the West Holts headliners.

I’d put him down as a sub again as his style of music feels far more fitting as that rather than something to finish the night with, but with us all still scratching our heads over a definitive third WH headliner on the poster maybe they really struggled to find a suitable oldie/soul/funk/disco act they usually have so just had to go with two electronic acts instead.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d put him down as a sub again as his style of music feels far more fitting as that rather than something to finish the night with, but with us all still scratching our heads over a definitive third WH headliner on the poster maybe they really struggled to find a suitable oldie/soul/funk/disco act they usually have so just had to go with two electronic acts instead.

I was surprised when I saw him live a few years ago that it was a lot less downtempo than I expected, I think it would work fine as a headliner but as you say, subbing would be a good fit too. At the moment I think it’s between Bonobo and Leon Bridges for that third headliner, the latter probably gives more balance with the lack of the classic older headliner but at the moment I’m leaning towards Bonobo.

If he is headlining, and Simz is on the Saturday, it does make me doubt our Megan/Doja on Saturday Other predictions. Not that their music is really similar, but would be odd for them to stick two of the few female hip hop artists on the lineup on at the same time in prime slots. Maybe it’s a non issue, but would seem like a strange thing to do imo. 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If he is headlining, and Simz is on the Saturday, it does make me doubt our Megan/Doja on Saturday Other predictions. Not that their music is really similar, but would be odd for them to stick two of the few female hip hop artists on the lineup on at the same time in prime slots. Maybe it’s a non issue, but would seem like a strange thing to do imo. 

I had thought this too but I suppose we think they had Charli XCX up against Taylor Swift in 2020, so while it seems a bit odd they appeal to different crowds and with the festival pushing women headlining stages, things like this are going to happen.

If we have Bonobo on Friday and Bicep on Sunday, then I guess one of Caribou or Four Tet make sense to headline a stage on Saturday. Caribou on the Park that day would be a good fit and match a lot of our predictions.

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think Megan and Doja are both playing The Pyramid.

If Simz is Saturday that’s a fucker for me personally.

Simz v Macca and Bicep v Kenny is the stuff of nightmares.

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Who d’you reckon the Saturday Other headliner is then if both of those are on the Pyramid?

31 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Especially with the potential Friday headliner wasteland

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Who d’you reckon the Saturday Other headliner is then if both of those are on the Pyramid?

Someone has said could it be Calvin Harris? Rumours he’s on the farm that night from another user and he’s just announced stadium dates around big G weekend.

perhaps wanted to sell them first before appearing on the poster? Would also want his name quite far up the lineup so it makes sense to keep him off at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Someone has said could it be Calvin Harris? Rumours he’s on the farm that night from another user and he’s just announced stadium dates around big G weekend.

perhaps wanted to sell them first before appearing on the poster? Would also want his name quite far up the lineup so it makes sense to keep him off at the moment.

I don't know the day exactly but I was told Calvin Harris was playing at some point at Arcadia / Pangea.  It makes more sense that this is as his Love Regenerator alias obviously given the size of the area etc.

This came with some other info (not exciting) which suggests to me that perhaps it's unlikely that he's playing on another stage as Calvin Harris.