2022 Must Sees

Miyn

I thought it was worth making a thread as everyone's had a bit of time to digest the line-up. There was a similar thread two years ago, and it was interesting to see who people were excited for. So stick your must sees here, or if you want you can put them in the suggested categories:

1) Who are your must sees this year? (Wouldn't miss for anyone)

2) Who would you really like to see? (Would only miss for must-sees and would be gutted to miss)

3) Who would you like to see clashes permitting? (Would really like to see, but wouldn't be heartbroken if clashing with ones above)

4) Who would you be happy to see if nothing else was on? (Wouldn't mind watching, but equally don't really care about missing)

I've basically nicked the ideas of the categories off dental from two years ago, so you can find the original post and topic here: 

I’m in a small group this year so quite happy to just have a handful of must sees and just go with the flow. We all have broadly similar tastes so it’s not like anyone is going to get dragged to anything terrible.

Must sees: Kendrick, Simz, Macca, Ross.

Would like to see: Fontaines, Lorde, First Aid Kit, Noel G, Wet Leg

(PSB would be on this list but I have already accepted that they won’t win the clash with Kendrick)

Must sees: Big Thief, Mitski, Olivia Rodrigo, Phoebe Bridgers, St Vincent and Turnstile

Would be gutted to miss: Fontaines DC, Foals, Wet Leg, Holly Humerstone, Metronomy, Wolf Alice, Yves Tumor

Would really like to see: Avalanches, Bicep, Little Simz, Clairo, JAMC, Caroline Polachek 

Then there's a whole heap in the last category 

must see - pet shop boys, caribou

gutted to miss (seen before but new acts are the priority) - glass animals, bicep, foals, easy life, noel

gutted to miss (new) - four tet, clairo, phoebe bridgers, inhaler

would like - kendrick, macca, declan mckenna

I'm very hesitant to put too much as must see just because a lot of them are at headliner time and i have no idea who will be where. Very likely i will be at foals for instance but they aren't a must see by any means

A-list:

Paul McCartney, Kendrick Lamar, Foals, Turnstile

B-list:

Confidence Man, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, Idles, Metronomy, Mitski, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, 

C-list:

Amyl and the Sniffers, Caribou, Dry Cleaning, Fontaines D.C., Four Tet, Haim, Herbie Hancock, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Little Simz, Phoebe Bridgers, Sam Fender, Sleaford Mods, Squid, St. Vincent, Wet Leg, Yves Tumor

D-list:

The Avalanches, Bicep, Big Thief, Caroline Polachek, Clairo, Charli XCX, Ghetts, Glass Animals, Jarv Is..., Kacey Musgraves, Primal Scream, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Sampa the Great, Self Esteem, Sigrid, TLC, Warmduscher, Wolf Alice

1. Kendrick Lamar, Tribes

2. Diana Ross, Big Thief, black midi, Little Simz, Mitski, Phoebe Bridgers, Sigrid, Yves Tumor

3. The Avalanches, Bonobo, Caribou, Caroline Polachek, Charli XCX, Foals, Fontaines D.C., Haim, IDLES, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Lorde, Primal Scream, Squid, St. Vincent, Turnstile, Wolf Alice

4. Loads

Must See's :

Kendrick, Di-Ro, Simz

Would love to see :

Macca, Bicep, Caribou, Elbow, Foals, Fontaines, Four Tet, Haim, IDLES, Jessie Ware, Lorde, Metronomy, Pheebs, Primal Scream, Roisin Murphy, Sampa The Great, Sigrid, Skunk Anansie, St Vincent, Supergrass, TLC, Wet Leg, Wolf Alice

So yeah I'm pretty happy 

Must sees: Macca, Diana Ross, Herbie Hancock, St Vincent, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Crowded House

WLTS: Wolf Alice, Little Simz, Arlo Parks, Lorde, Kacey M, Haim, Rufus Wainwright, TLC

Will see if no clashes and no long hike up the park at an unfortunate time: PSB, Avalanches, First Aid Kit, Jarvis, Skunk Anansie, The Waterboys, Wet Leg, Years and Years, Sigrid, Celeste, Cate Le Bon, Charli XCX

Italics have seen before.

Must See: Diana Ross, Fontaines DC, McCartney

Would Like to See: Noel G, Bicep, Kendrick, Rosin Murphy, Sam Fender, Robert Plant, Supergrass, Primal Scream, Idles, Skunk Anansie, Jesus and the Mary Chain, Jarv..is, TLC and Crowded House.

50/50 on Olivia Rodrigo. I liked the singles Brutal & Good 4 U, but the album stunk the place out. 

The rest, I have either no interest in or know nowt about.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 - Paul McCartney, Diana Ross, Phoebe Bridgers

2 - Billie Eilish, Bicep, Foals, Haim, Idles, Jessie Ware, Metronomy, Sam Fender, Wet Leg, Wolf Alice

3 - Arlo Parks, The Avalanches, Bonobo, Caribou, Confidence Man, Elbow, Fontaines DC, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Kacey Musgraves, Little Simz, Lorde, Mitski, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Sigrid, The Waterboys, Yves Tumor

4 - Beabadoobee, Big Thief, Black Midi, Blossoms, Caroline Polachek, Celeste, Charli XCX, Clairo, Crowded House, Dry Cleaning, First Aid Kit, Girl In Red, Glass Animals, Herbie Hancock, Holly Humberstone, Olivia Rodrigo, Primal Scream, Roisin Murphy, Squid, St. Vincent, Supergrass, Turnstile, Warmduscher

A strong year for me. Decent amount of must see acts who hopefully won’t clash, plenty of acts I want to see and loads of strength in depth that should hopefully mean no big gaps. 

Good thread!

1) Must see: Paul McCartney, Foals, Lorde, Kendrick Lamar

2) Would really like to see: Sam Fender, Wolf Alice, Billie Eilish (unfortunately clashes with Foals), Fontaines DC

3) Would see clashes permitting: Wet Leg, Elbow, Inhaler, Nightmares On Wax

4) Would also watch: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Olivia Rodrigo, Phoebe Bridgers, The Avalanches

1. Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

2. Waterboys, Primal Scream, First Aid Kit, Kacey Musgraves, Khruangbin

3. Angelique Kidjo, Pet Shop Boys, Inhaler, Skunk Anansie, Seun Kuti, Diana Ross

4. Virtually everyone else

Edited by Watergirl

On a quick glance:

A) Paul McCartney, Diana Ross, Black Midi, Squid

B) Noel Gallagher, Phoebe Bridgers, Wet Leg

C) Dry Cleaning, Foals, Fontaines D.C., Holly Humberstone, Inhaler, Lorde, Olivia Rodrigo, Sam Fender, Wolf Alice, Arlo Parks

D) Crowded House, Elbow, Girl in Red, Haim, Idles, Little Simz, Primal Scream, Sigrid, Beabadoobee, Metronomy, Pet Shop Boys

1 - Turnstile

2 - Caribou, Bicep, Black Midi, Fontaines DC, Yves Tumor, Wolf Alice, Khruangbin

3 - Herbie Hancock, Phoebe Bridgers, Courtney Barnett, Kendrick, Four Tet, Foals, Sleaford Mods, Charli Xcx

4 - Sam Fender, Blossoms, Olivia Rodrigo, Paul McCartney, Primal Scream

The only things I know I'm definitely seeing are Billie and Macca.

The rest of the lineup I can give-or-take. I'm seeing Confidence Man in May, after 2 years of rescheduling but I'm not a fan of the new singles really.

Everything else is just going to be things my friends want to watch so I guess at the very least I don't have to worry about clashes.

Must sees:
Kendrick Lamar, Little Simz

Would really like to see:
Bicep, Bonobo, Caribou, Doja Cat, Greentea Peng, Snarky Puppy, Noel Gallagher, Nubya Garcia, Sampa The Great, Wolf Alice

Would see clashes permitting:
Paul McCartney, Diana Ross, Herbie Hancock, Lianne La Havas, HAIM, Pet Shop Boys, Skunk Anansie, TLC, Wet Leg

Would also watch:
Billie Eilish, Olivia Rodrigo

Edited by kalifire

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Bumping four tet up to a must see. this set is fantastic no idea why i didn't listen earlier

Yeah it’s a full on party that one, love it. Up against anybody but Kendrick and he’s a big option for me.