Do we have a missing sub?

Matt42

Do we have a missing sub?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

13 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Sam Fender is just the new one of these but this forum won’t admit it.

Definitely not having that, he's far more talented than that group. Although I haven't seen him live yet, so retain the right to withdraw this statement later.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There's no missing sub

There's just a missing dub for me when I'm right and Elbow are on before Kendrick

This would be a worry to me if we didn’t already know they weren’t subbing in 2020 so I think we’re thankfully safe from this happening. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

This would be a worry to me if we didn’t already know they weren’t subbing in 2020 so I think we’re thankfully safe from this happening. 

Yeah but there was Lana Del Rey back then. No Lana this year.

So... unsub from the subs or get dabbed down by this dub.

15 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

She's subbing parklife like she did last year. Its Lewis capaldi that's surprisingly third 

Ah yes, my bad. i knew there was a weird third down just got confused. She still definitely has some strange bookings

14 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Sam Fender is just the new one of these but this forum won’t admit it.

I hate to say it but i'd love to see Gerry Cinnamon on the farm

---

little random bit, first time being on the glastonbury forums around poster drop (well 2020, but it was nothing like this i guess because of covid), the excitement is real!

Edited by gfa

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There's no missing sub

There's just a missing dub for me when I'm right and Elbow are on before Kendrick

Just like Olivia, Megan, Doja won’t play Glastonbury because the fees are too low.

I wouldn’t be so confident that one is missing, especially when the touted subs look doubtful. 

you’re doing that thing again dental where you are setting your hopes far too low for Glastonbury’s standards. You predict as if the festival is in this perpetual state of being fucked and has to resort to shoddy options for its big bookings.

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m pretty sure someone said he dabbed down from 2020 because he wanted to sub and they didn’t want to give him that spot.

Ah thats a shame - hes very charismatic and really gets the crowd going

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

Ah thats a shame - hes very charismatic and really gets the crowd going

He’s pretty much an encapsulation of the type of music I don’t like but strokes for different folks! Plenty for me on this years lineup so I won’t dampen any fun.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just like Olivia, Megan, Doja won’t play Glastonbury because the fees are too low.

I wouldn’t be so confident that one is missing, especially when the touted subs look doubtful. 

you’re doing that thing again dental where you are setting your hopes far too low for Glastonbury’s standards. You predict as if the festival is in this perpetual state of being fucked and has to resort to shoddy options for its big bookings.

You’re really gonna Adebayor celebrate that one all the time now? Didn’t even say they ‘won’t play Glastonbury’, just doubted the absolutes you were speaking in on Doja and Meg only. Delighted to be wrong on those.

It’s not a shoddy option. Elbow are still a pretty big name, to the point that if they hadn’t confirmed they were playing Friday in 2020 we would have accepted them as Swift’s sub and moved on. I think they’d probably find that an easier booking than having Lorde fall up the lineup. And, considering their slot was never announced in 2020, the crowd will be none the wiser.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He’s pretty much an encapsulation of the type of music I don’t like but strokes for different folks! Plenty for me on this years lineup so I won’t dampen any fun.

I doubted him but won free tickets to see him and changed my tune very quickly. I get it though, although its pretty easy to band together all the man with guitar acts

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

You’re really gonna Adebayor celebrate that one all the time now? Didn’t even say they ‘won’t play Glastonbury’, just doubted the absolutes you were speaking in on Doja and Meg only. Delighted to be wrong on those.

It’s not a shoddy option. Elbow are still a pretty big name, to the point that if they hadn’t confirmed they were playing Friday in 2020 we would have accepted them as Swift’s sub and moved on. I think they’d probably find that an easier booking than having Lorde fall up the lineup. And, considering their slot was never announced in 2020, the crowd will be none the wiser.

Well we knew elbow were on the Friday due to conflicting dates so there’s a bit of history revision going on there.

Its an incredibly lazy booking and just simply not happening. They can do better. I’d hate to live in your world thinking glasto is perpetually screwed and they can’t book a better sub than Elbow. That they are in this state of always having no better choice than booking someone weak. I see you push this a lot. Especially looking at the subs they had lined up for previous years.

Edited by Matt42

20 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Although he sometimes veers in to that territory, he’s at least got some listenable shit (aka all the streamlined Springsteen stuff) which is more than can be said about the rest. 

I personally find Fender much much more acceptable than the cardigan-wearing smug Ezra-type. 

I’d say we are. I like Elbow but their stock has dropped a bit since 2014, mainly because their last two albums are really good, but have seen them stop trying to recreate One Day like This. Third top is a great slot for them now. Looking at the line up as announced we could even be missing two. I know we’ve never been in this position after the first poster but that doesn’t mean anything.

21 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’d say we are. I like Elbow but their stock has dropped a bit since 2014, mainly because their last two albums are really good, but have seen them stop trying to recreate One Day like This. Third top is a great slot for them now. Looking at the line up as announced we could even be missing two. I know we’ve never been in this position after the first poster but that doesn’t mean anything.

Imo we have… 

Billie Eilish // TBA

Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

Kendrick Lamar // Doja Cat OR Lorde // Doja Cat OR Lorde

Unless the subs are Doja, Noel, Lorde…

Edited by Matt42

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

I fancy LCD Soundsystem for this slot on the Sunday tbh. Shift the Brixton tickets, late May announcement etc. 'Only European headline dates in 2022' tag (for what it is worth) certainly allows for it, too.

And I'd like it to happen, so there is that as well.

They’ve also been announced for Bilbao BBK as their only European festival, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all,

With Elbow now being Sunday only I’m conceding on this. We don’t have a missing sub. Y’all win.

I’m going to say the pyramid lineup now is

Fri: Billie Eilish // Doja Cat // Wolf Alice // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // Crowded House // Rufus Wainwright

Sat: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Phoebe Bridgers // Sigrid // Koffee

Sun: Kendrick Lamar // Lorde // Elbow // Diana Ross // Herbie Hancock // Easy Life // Black Dyke Band

When one door closes another opens.

With Aerosmith dabbing down and us having a better picture of who goes where… that Saturday pyramid looks a bit light. I can only place 6 acts and putting Phoebe there is just a prediction. 

hmm….

A1B70BE3-A1EB-4AFC-9815-4AEB6DCEDFE1.gif

Edited by Matt42