Initial poster thoughts! (come on, everyone loves a poll..)

Freddyflintstonree

Initial poster thoughts! (come on, everyone loves a poll..)  

375 members have voted

1. 1. First impression of the line up?

• Unbelievably good
    • Great
    • It's OK
    • A bit disappointed
    • Crap

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yep, great for me.  Doesn't quite have any jump out "OH MY GOD!!!" screamers for me that would elevate it to unbelievable, but there's so much there that I'm happy to see.

Same for me

But I think that's partly cus I spend so much time hanging round on these forums so have a good idea what to expect 

1 minute ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Same for me

But I think that's partly cus I spend so much time hanging round on these forums so have a good idea what to expect 

Mine's more because I'm generally jaded and don't get excited about anything anymore 😂

Edited by Quark

Genuinlely great, there's a few 'must see's I have headliner clashes already and a bunch of acts I just really want to be at low down. I have a feeling that this poster will look crazy in a few years time with a lot of the names headlining other festivals. 

Plenty for me to be happy about, plenty that I haven’t really heard of, but only because I live in a bubble with no social media and no commercial radio. I always make an effort to get to know as many of the acts I don’t know once they’re announced which is the beauty of Glastonbury for me, so by the time it rolls round I’ll have a ton more I want to see. 

For me after 2 enforced fallow years and this still being technically being the 50th its fine.

Headliners 

- Billie - dont like her music and think a massive downgrade on Taylor (crowd would be much more sing along with her) 

- Macca - Hes fine but your excitement over him is correlated to your age. 

- Kendrick - brilliant and would put on a great show 

Theres just something missing I feel like. This is the consensus of a 30 strong group going 

I put unbelievable but I'd change it to very good.

I'd rank the pasr few years best to worst as:

So it's very good, but there's none that I'd lose my shit over such as: LCD, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Stones, Pulp, Blur etc.

Although I think they've done a great job based on who's touring, hoping for some more good stuff lower down. Would really like to see Shame and BCNR on the Park. But from a first poster it's really good, even if some of the headliners aren't to my taste.

Very solid lineup, though a lot of the acts I'd definitely want to see I'm already booked to see this year.  Disappointed to see Editors and Taylor miss out.  Was hoping for NIN, Chvrches, Slowdive and Beach House, but ah well.

As someone who hasn't really listened to much Beatles, I'm glad I recently watched Get Back, as Paul McCartney is a much more appealing headliner for me now compared to the last announcement.

It’s good, but could be better, there’s a lot who I don’t know, compared to 2008, 2011, 2014, 2015. But I’ve got about 16 weeks to learn some new bands and I know there will be some gems in there, I know there will be loads more to come so not complaining, best thing about Glastonbury is that there is always something to do, watch, listen to, eat or drink so I know I’m going to have an epic time. I just thought with the cancellation and some acts booked well in advance some 2 years in advance and being the 50th Anniversary, that we’d be getting like alot of acts big enough to headline but no room so would have to headline other stages, but am happy and I know the festival has probably made losses over the last 2 years. So I am grateful to be going

PS I’m quite new to Foals but I’m looking forward to hearing like Lightening live, it will sound epic 

Plenty there I like and a few that I've been meaning to give a try so I'm more than happy with what we have so far.  I'm sure there's more surprises on the way when the individual stage posters start coming through.

Shouldn’t be a surprise as I’ve shared this to people already.

Not just the best Glastonbury lineup I’ve ever seen, but probably one of the best festival lineups I’ve ever seen in my life.

They have absolutely smashed it. The amount of acts in there who will probably be headliners very soon is crazy.