Wilderness 2022

adequate8

6 hours ago, forjustoneday said:

What did everything think of this years festival?

I thought it was f*cking brilliant - one of the best festivals I've ever been to. Obviously the perfect weather helped (and the people I was with), but I thought the organisation was spot on. Loo's, showers and facilities were great. Felt like there was less people there than last year (which is a positive thing), but that could have just been due to the layout changes they made (i.e. to the Valley, which was 10x better this year) 

It may just be me getting older, but I have to say this festival takes some beating. Whilst it doesn't bring in the super-bands like other festivals do, the music is still excellent, and Underworld were the best live set I've seen in a long time, an inspired booking. The lakes are perfect for those long, balmy hot days. The food is excellent, the size of the event I feel is 'goldilocks', big enough to have plenty to do for 3/4 days, but not big enough that when you lose your mates, you've got to trek 45 minutes to find them. I'm finding it hard to find any big negatives (maybe some more Indy music would be great)

I reaaally want to do another Glastonbury (only been to 1 in 2019) but I'm toying with the idea of coming back here instead next year (can only do 1 fest next year). To be honest I'll doubt I'll get tix for Glasto anyway!

So pleased to read this as myself and 8 friends booked early bird tickets on a whim yesterday! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 10:05 AM, forjustoneday said:

Loo's, showers and facilities were great. Felt like there was less people there than last year (which is a positive thing),

They'd undersold the event which I think is based on the poor 2021 weather but this year was excellent. 

Standouts for me were 1)rejig of camping spots, much better for everyone (but annoying for crew!) 2) Family area seemed to have so much entertainment going on compared to last year 3)lake side entry was much better this year. 

I've also never been to an "arena" festival with such minimal checks on entry to the arena. Not sure what it was like for the general public but I'd open my bag, they'd see the cans and wave me through.