Jump to content

Wilderness 2022


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, gfa said:

I feel like the headliners are a real step down from last year honestly

I think the headliners are more to their crowd though, they got a lot of negative push back in them last year. Particularly Mahalia/Loyle Corner and Bicep/Jamie xx. 

Years & years is a huge act, Underworld hopefully has more then the one song but should appease the parents and Jungle are huge (relatively).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I think the headliners are more to their crowd though, they got a lot of negative push back in them last year. Particularly Mahalia/Loyle Corner and Bicep/Jamie xx. 

Years & years is a huge act, Underworld hopefully has more then the one song but should appease the parents and Jungle are huge (relatively).

Fair enough, i don't really know the festival but can see how Bicep for instance is pretty different to this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

 Underworld hopefully has more then the one song but should appease the parents 

I have no words. Underworld are better than the rest of this and last year's headliners combined. They've been around for 35 years now, and you don't get to still headline festivals at this point by just having "the one song"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I have no words. Underworld are better than the rest of this and last year's headliners combined. They've been around for 35 years now, and you don't get to still headline festivals at this point by just having "the one song"

I know, it was a joke. I've just never really properly listened to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
32 minutes ago, wc23 said:

Will be my first Wilderness this year. What time does music end in the late night areas?

https://clashfinder.com/s/wilderness21/

last year's schedule. main stage half 11 fri, half 10 sat/sun (bit weird that). 2am for dance (one stage goes till 4am) fri/sat, sunday varies but most end at 11pm.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 7:45 AM, nikkic said:

Thinking of taking the kids to this next year, as their first ever festival. 

Anyone else taken a 2 and 7 year old?! Is it suitable for children of that age? 

There's an upgrade to the family offering and new activities in the family field. 

I would say it is definitely suitable as much as any other festival. 

Last year during the fancy dress cricket there was a pitch invasion by a load of kids dressed as red arrows. Bit odd alongside the streakers but no one really batted an eye lid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi lovely wildnernessers!

This is my first year at Wilderness and I'm super excited - I've wanted to go since it started!

We have quiet camping.  Do we need to arrive in the car park for 10am on Thursday and queue to enter the campsite at 12 to get a good camping spot, or are we ok arriving at around 1pm and still being able to get decent camping?

I'm used to the Glastonbury madness...this festival seems so laid back its practically falling over in comparison, but I think this is probably more my vibe than glasto is these days...as fun as glasto is...it's just a bit exhausting!  

Any advice on travelling by car/car parks/and camping/campsites would be much appreciated. PS. I'm in London now, not Manchester...old info 😍

Edited by bogoff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys, unfortunately my friends group cna no longer go to Wilderness. i've got 3 weekend camping tickets that are around £600 value, happy to sell them (can transfer via the ticketmaster official app) for £300 to cover some losses. Thanks, Callum

Wilderness Tickets.png

Edited by CallumJ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bogoff said:

Hi lovely wildnernessers!

This is my first year at Wilderness and I'm super excited - I've wanted to go since it started!

We have quiet camping.  Do we need to arrive in the car park for 10am on Thursday and queue to enter the campsite at 12 to get a good camping spot, or are we ok arriving at around 1pm and still being able to get decent camping?

I'm used to the Glastonbury madness...this festival seems so laid back its practically falling over in comparison, but I think this is probably more my vibe than glasto is these days...as fun as glasto is...it's just a bit exhausting!  

Any advice on travelling by car/car parks/and camping/campsites would be much appreciated. PS. I'm in London now, not Manchester...old info 😍

You are correct in the laid back attitude, camping spots really weren't a problem last year, even by Friday. It's all moved as well this year so probably more space tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What did everything think of this years festival?

 

I thought it was f*cking brilliant - one of the best festivals I've ever been to. Obviously the perfect weather helped (and the people I was with), but I thought the organisation was spot on. Loo's, showers and facilities were great. Felt like there was less people there than last year (which is a positive thing), but that could have just been due to the layout changes they made (i.e. to the Valley, which was 10x better this year) 

 

It may just be me getting older, but I have to say this festival takes some beating. Whilst it doesn't bring in the super-bands like other festivals do, the music is still excellent, and Underworld were the best live set I've seen in a long time, an inspired booking. The lakes are perfect for those long, balmy hot days. The food is excellent, the size of the event I feel is 'goldilocks', big enough to have plenty to do for 3/4 days, but not big enough that when you lose your mates, you've got to trek 45 minutes to find them. I'm finding it hard to find any big negatives (maybe some more Indy music would be great)

I reaaally want to do another Glastonbury (only been to 1 in 2019) but I'm toying with the idea of coming back here instead next year (can only do 1 fest next year). To be honest I'll doubt I'll get tix for Glasto anyway!

Edited by forjustoneday
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I thought it was great. I felt a bit sorry for those afternoon main stage acts who were playing to virtually nobody, but the big acts I saw there were great and it was easy to get a really good spot. We were bang in the middle for underworld and maybe 30 feet back, similar for jungle. Should have got to Craig Charles earlier.

I agree about the size, we could nip back to the van if we wanted without having to write off hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...