Beer Prices

Barneym

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I had to double check that I hadn’t written that and forgotten about it. 

A fellow man of both class and great taste. 

Shame i never have any ice or lime on me! 
one of our group is very keen on his rum so i would imagine he will bring something decent with him.

im not a connoisseur but might invest in something nice if spending the requisite £ on ice cream van coke bottles.

Edited by Memory Man

50 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I preferred Somersby to Mallets. Though I'm guessing we're stuck with Mallets. Would still drink that over Carlsberg regular though!

Carlsberg Export is nice but rare, plus there was a nice IPA that I found at a couple of smaller bars which was great. 

Last time I went to Download festival we accidently found the Export bar and stayed there for much longer than we should have. Cracking afternoon, messy evening! 

12 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Shame i never have any ice or lime on me! 
one of our group is very keen on his rum so i would imagine he will bring something decent with him.

im not a connoisseur but might invest in something nice if spending the requisite £ on ice cream van coke bottles.

I can't actually remember if they sell multipacks or just individuals cans but the Co-op might be a good shout for the pepsi/coke. Depends where you camp though I guess, I'm quite lucky that it's right by me.

3 hours ago, Memory Man said:

After ive had enough beer a switch to rum & coke is good for later in the eve. You can mix it as strong or weak as you like then, and pee less!

The switch up saved us in 2019, after a long day we were fully crashing by 6pm in the deckchairs below glasto-on-sea, the heat and beer was very cosy- not quite a rum and coke but opted for the Long Island from the bar and it just flicked the switch back into party mode. although a tenner for what was probably 90% coke, I very much share this vision

4 hours ago, 1986 said:

Think the most outrageous price I've paid is about £11 for a third at the Haven bar in Copenhagen that's run by Mikkeler. Don't think it was even anything special it was just the combo of craft beer and being in Denmark.

I've been to that bar, until recently, that was the home to my most expensive third. It was just over a fiver! It was for my wife, my tastes are  not as expensive. She recently spent £7 on a third of Lambic, but she'd rather buy a  couple of unusual beers than drink a lot.

3 hours ago, coma girl said:

Excellent plan!

I should start setting a few aside too or at least making list of good ones. Will need to have a look back through Untappd for possible contenders. 

I have started putting aside a couple of good ones for the evenings, a few Imperial stouts from Vocation and Brew York.

I was wondering how long ‘til Untappd came into the mix 😁

I quit after a few thousand entries. My taste isn’t refined enough to be clever about it and I kind of found I liked nearly everything but also nothing really tasted new either. Unless you move onto some wet dog tasting farmhouse shit. 

6 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I find Strongbow Dark Fruits (or the Lidl equivalent) holds up pretty well to being drank unchilled. 

Red Stripe has worked well for me in the past. Aldi Rheinbacher not bad too

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

Yes Red Stripe! Reminds me of shit punk gigs in the back rooms of shit pubs when I was 16, and sneaky cans in the park. 

Its my favourite beer - i'm 20 so at uni don't really bother with all the craft stuff too much its too expensive. Great beer goes down like water

Just now, The Placid Casual 2 said:

What's the ruling on mini-kegs at Glasto? I know glass isn't allowed, but kegs?

I know it's hassle to get one through the gates and keep it cool, but once you do get one through that could be a hoot.

More hassle than it's worth, but allowed.