Campervan ticket - box office collection

Chowda

I have international tickets, so I have to pick up from box office. I previously paid for East campervan tickets which get sent with tickets…..so….how do I park in the East campervan field without my tickets? Do I need to drive to the box office first? If the box office is at a gate is that going to be possible in a campervan?

image.gif.4ddb7f1f6b361ba7ba91d660245e4974.gif

You need to contact See and ask that.

The whole Internationals must collect thing is new, and so none of us have any experience of how it's going to work and likely they haven't designed it up for your situation.

1 hour ago, incident said:

You need to contact See and ask that.

The whole Internationals must collect thing is new, and so none of us have any experience of how it's going to work and likely they haven't designed it up for your situation.

Are they doing an internationals collect this year. If so I just have missed the announement. Where did you see this?  @incident

6 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Are they doing an internationals collect this year. If so I just have missed the announement. Where did you see this?  @incident

Don't think it's been formally announced as such - but it's what people have reported and has been quietly updated on the website at https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/#DISP

Blimey, that's awkward. I'm assuming collections are at gate A but you'd be at the opposite side driving towards gate C. There's no capacity in the inspection fields on the East to wait while you pick up tickets though. You can get down to the inspection fields without tickets, as there's a turn off point just before them, to allow traffic to leave, but whether they'd allow you on to park for the festival, to then yomp to the collection point is another thing. Pick up from gate B is more manageable, albeit still tricky.

7 hours ago, incident said:

Don't think it's been formally announced as such - but it's what people have reported and has been quietly updated on the website at https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/#DISP

Thanks @incident This looks a significant change to previous. Makes sense in some ways as most international travellers probably arrive by public transport at PGA

11 hours ago, Chowda said:

I have international tickets, so I have to pick up from box office. I previously paid for East campervan tickets which get sent with tickets…..so….how do I park in the East campervan field without my tickets? Do I need to drive to the box office first? If the box office is at a gate is that going to be possible in a campervan?

image.gif.4ddb7f1f6b361ba7ba91d660245e4974.gif

You could always park at Bath and West, take the shuttle bus to Gate A, collect your tickets and campervan pass, return on the shuttle and then drive to East Campervan Fields. 

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

You could always park at Bath and West, take the shuttle bus to Gate A, collect your tickets and campervan pass, return on the shuttle and then drive to East Campervan Fields. 

That's an infinitely better suggestion than what the Festival came out with.

I can't even comprehend how the logistics would work of trying to convince one of the marshalls to let you park a Campervan even vaguely close to Ped Gate A without any kind of routing sticker or pass - it's literally their job to prevent people doing that.

39 minutes ago, incident said:

That's an infinitely better suggestion than what the Festival came out with.

I can't even comprehend how the logistics would work of trying to convince one of the marshalls to let you park a Campervan even vaguely close to Ped Gate A without any kind of routing sticker or pass - it's literally their job to prevent people doing that.

this... it will be hideous. The only potential saving grace is that CV dwellers can turn up on the Tuesday 

55 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

But will the box office be open on Tuesday? 

good point, well made...

It really should be though shouldn't it...??  but then they shouldn't be doing this silly bollox stuff either.

btw... ANYBODY with a camper/caravan should look at getting there on Tuesday... Its great. Sitting up on the Hill of Death late in the evening looking over the site with great expectation.. I love it..

Wish i had a ticket!

8 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

good point, well made...

It really should be though shouldn't it...??  but then they shouldn't be doing this silly bollox stuff either.

btw... ANYBODY with a camper/caravan should look at getting there on Tuesday... Its great. Sitting up on the Hill of Death late in the evening looking over the site with great expectation.. I love it..

Wish i had a ticket!

It's absolutely bonkers! Takes me back to having to walk over to Spring Ground accessible campsite to collect my various passes and lanyards instead of making them available on arrival in East Campervan fields. Since 2016 they have been available on arrival. However I did already have my CV ticket which you need to enter those fields, which overseas visitors won't have.

I am volunteering with Oxfam this year as I was also without a ticket. I have been very privileged to have pitched in the Hill of Death field since 2011. The accessible CV overspill site is there. Always arrived on Tuesday! Staying on-site this year in the accessible crew CV campsite. I won't miss the walk but I will miss the view!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

It's absolutely bonkers! Takes me back to having to walk over to Spring Ground accessible campsite to collect my various passes and lanyards instead of making them available on arrival in East Campervan fields. Since 2016 they have been available on arrival. However I did already have my CV ticket which you need to enter those fields, which overseas visitors won't have.

I am volunteering with Oxfam this year as I was also without a ticket. I have been very privileged to have pitched in the Hill of Death field since 2011. The accessible CV overspill site is there. Always arrived on Tuesday! Staying on-site this year in the accessible crew CV campsite. I won't miss the walk but I will miss the view!

have a great festival!

I'm not sure about gate A at all. In 2019 I picked the option to send the tickets to our address in Israel but they never arrive. I contacted See about two weeks before our flights and explained that we have two tickets missing and a campervan ticket as well but the campervan is pre delivered to the site so we need everything to be waiting for us in gate A. We arrived with a bus to gate A but the tickets were not in the international collect box. We spent hours while they were searching for them and we were trying to emailing See (there is no phone services during Glastonbury) and finally they said that the tickets should be waiting for us in gate C. We needed to get there by foot ofc, and walk there from outside the festival site. Luckily we found someone who was willing to take us there in his car but no one over gate C or in the information center knew where our tickets are. I can't tell you how frustrated we were, being so close to get to the promised land but without the ability to enter... 

We walked outside the CV area, walking in roads not meant for pedestrians asking everyone with a glowing jacket if they know anything. After a while we arrivde to a security point where the CVs are checked and asked there to no avail. When we were there one volunteer heard us talking to each other in Hebrew and reached out as she was living in Israel for a while. We told her our story and then she said that she thinks that she saw something in the security cabin - she went over to check and the tickets were there in an envelope!! Suddenly all the frustration and hours wasted for nothing were forgotten. How lucky we were! She said it's kind of logical for the tickets to wait there because all the CVs must getting through the security.

The problem is that both See Tickets help service guys and the guys in the international collect box are office workers and not "field" workers so they don't know the difference between gate C and CV security point for example.