Does balance payment affect coach departure and group?

assorted

Just paid off my balance. First time going. Exciting!

So 6 of us bought a coach+ticket package but it's now down to 4, who are all paying off our tickets separately.

Does this potentially mean we are split up on the coach? Or is it only the deposit grouping that matters?

Same question but for coach departure times. Does how early we pay our balance affect which coach time we are assigned? Or do people think this is determined by when we got in on the ticket deposit sale? 

Thanks in advance! 🙂 

21 minutes ago, assorted said:

Just paid off my balance. First time going. Exciting!

So 6 of us bought a coach+ticket package but it's now down to 4, who are all paying off our tickets separately.

Does this potentially mean we are split up on the coach? Or is it only the deposit grouping that matters?

Same question but for coach departure times. Does how early we pay our balance affect which coach time we are assigned? Or do people think this is determined by when we got in on the ticket deposit sale? 

Thanks in advance! 🙂 

The coach doesn't have allocated seats, so as long as you booked the same coach when you bought them in 2019 you'll all be on the same one and able to sit together.

What coach departure point did you book?

Thanks! That's reassuring! Yes, we all booked Bath one way in one ticket deposit purchase in 2019. My understanding from searching the forums is there will be an early morning Bath departure and one later, like mid-afternoon. My hope would be for our group to get on the earlier one.

I mean my biggest concern is just that we don't get placed on different buses, but getting the earlier bus would also be nice. 

1 minute ago, assorted said:

Thanks! That's reassuring! Yes, we all booked Bath one way in one ticket deposit purchase in 2019. My understanding from searching the forums is there will be an early morning Bath departure and one later, like mid-afternoon. My hope would be for our group to get on the earlier one.

I mean my biggest concern is just that we don't get placed on different buses, but getting the earlier bus would also be nice. 

If you booked all 6 tickets at the same time when you bought the tickets in Oct 2019 you will be allocated the same bus when they release the departure point/times in mid-May. 

I've never heard of people booking at the same time then being put on different buses to the festival.

Unfortunately with regards to departure times the only ones that you can choose at time of booking are London and Bristol (I think)  the rest are at the mercy of when See tickets decide to depart...I have the same issue, I'm booked on a Wednesday coach from Oxford, and am hoping its at 7am rather than 2pm.

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that when and how we pay off our balance won't affect this.

It honestly won't be the worst thing for us if we get the afternoon coach, as we went in for a tipi, so no need to rush for a camping spot. I just like the early morning rising idea of an early coach (and reminds me of childhood trips) versus buzzing around post-breakfast with nothing to for a few hours. 

2.5 years after putting in the deposits this is a pretty great day. Seemed like we would never get here some days. Fun!

7 minutes ago, assorted said:

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that when and how we pay off our balance won't affect this.

It honestly won't be the worst thing for us if we get the afternoon coach, as we went in for a tipi, so no need to rush for a camping spot. I just like the early morning rising idea of an early coach (and reminds me of childhood trips) versus buzzing around post-breakfast with nothing to for a few hours. 

2.5 years after putting in the deposits this is a pretty great day. Seemed like we would never get here some days. Fun!

Just make sure you remember to pay your balances off  before the window shuts on Monday 7th March as the organisers won't allow any late payments.

Some of my friends are in the Tipis, great central location, I'll probably be floating about that area when I go to meet them, but won't be allowed in! 😄 

Yes, and given its your first one I'm sure it will be a mind blowing experience. 🙂