Balance Payments

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, modey said:

Anyone know if you can buy car park tickets after you have paid your balance, stupidly forgot to add one to the order ☹️

I sure you can. Once the balance payments are over I recollect on the ticket page the car park option is still available for ticket holders. 

23 minutes ago, modey said:

Anyone know if you can buy car park tickets after you have paid your balance, stupidly forgot to add one to the order ☹️

Worst case, you can pay on the gate - though you'll be charged extra (I think a tenner more)

26 minutes ago, modey said:

You can do but you will be charged another fee, I think in 2019 car park tickets were £45 pre paid or £50 on the gate. 

you might be able to contact see and get them to add it to the order so you don’t have to pay postage. 

3 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

Nightmare. Filled out all the details and for some reason there was an issue with my Amex. Then it timed out. Now every time I try again it’s saying that there is a ticket payment request already in process? 

Any ideas anyone? 

Yep, just wait 20 mins or so. Don't panic at all, it's fine. 

4 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

Nightmare. Filled out all the details and for some reason there was an issue with my Amex. Then it timed out. Now every time I try again it’s saying that there is a ticket payment request already in process? 

Any ideas anyone? 

Mate just had same problem with different credit card. Wonder if problem with system

24 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

Any ideas anyone? 

Read somewhere that See don’t accept Amex?? Worth trying a different card….

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dillyblue said:

Read somewhere that See don’t accept Amex?? Worth trying a different card….

I guessed that might be the case but it wouldn’t let me proceed and kept giving me the same message. 

Thankfully it seemed the right itself and allowed me to proceed to payment again. Used a debit card and it was all done quickly. 

It feels real!

3 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

I guessed that might be the case but it wouldn’t let me proceed and kept giving me the same message. 

Thankfully it seemed the right itself and allowed me to proceed to payment again. Used a debit card and it was all done quickly. 

It feels real!

Perfect!

• Like 1

I successfully paid, including car parking and ticket protection. I've received email confirmation but it doesn’t mention postage of tickets. I remember seeing somewhere that postage is about £9. Is this accounted for in the total payment out have I forgotten to select it?

Got my payment confirmation from Seetickets but won't believe it till the money has left my bank account.  Any idea how long it takes for a debit card payment to show in your bank account?

1 hour ago, grumpyhack said:

Got my payment confirmation from Seetickets but won't believe it till the money has left my bank account.  Any idea how long it takes for a debit card payment to show in your bank account?

mine showed up straight away as a 'pending' transaction. (Barclays)

I was quite surprised by the numbers not taking up tickets earlier in the thread, but checked with our group of 12 this week and we have 2 definite no's and one other looking unlikely.  Gotta be good news for those waiting on the resale, we will be back in for 1 or 2 that were not successful first time around 🤞

3 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Depending on when they make the claim but it normally the evening of the next business day. E.g 5pm tomorrow 

3 hours ago, SighMo said:

I successfully paid, including car parking and ticket protection. I've received email confirmation but it doesn’t mention postage of tickets. I remember seeing somewhere that postage is about £9. Is this accounted for in the total payment out have I forgotten to select it?

It’s included in the total 

All paid, although not linking to my CV ticket, brief panic but checked it via its reference number and it’s still there. Interestingly I changed my address on my registration last week and despite the info saying this won’t update my delivery address, it did for the GA tickets but not for the CV ticket.

3 hours ago, Northtim said:

I was quite surprised by the numbers not taking up tickets earlier in the thread, but checked with our group of 12 this week and we have 2 definite no's and one other looking unlikely.  Gotta be good news for those waiting on the resale, we will be back in for 1 or 2 that were not successful first time around 🤞

Agreed - we have 2 more to get too.

For someone who's been in the glasto forums longer than me - how much more isn't being paid vs normal years? I'm guessing its significantly more but a percentage more? over 100% more dropouts?

45 minutes ago, gfa said:

Agreed - we have 2 more to get too.

For someone who's been in the glasto forums longer than me - how much more isn't being paid vs normal years? I'm guessing its significantly more but a percentage more? over 100% more dropouts?

It’s difficult to put a number on it.

The common belief/rumour is that there is approximately 10,000 tickets available in the resale. Of the capacity, it is (again) rumoured 142,000 are available for public sale (discounting local tickets). So you could say the average year see around 7.04% tickets returned to the resale pot.

Using this thread  of what is essentially a niche crowd - and a very quick count and (maths I’m doing in my head) so not wholly accurate - there is approximately a 10.3% suggested return. This may up when applied to the general public as we all use these forums for a reason! So using this idea of the 10.3% it would put, roughly, 14,600(ish) tickets back in the resale, so using the idea that the general public won’t have as much enthusiasm it could be presumed there will be between 15-20,000 tickets back in the resale.

But, ultimately… who knows! 

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 1

On 2/28/2022 at 10:26 PM, mcalder69 said:

1/1 Had resigned myself to not going, due to my partner having been ill and hospitalised for 4 months over autumn/winter 2020/21 and a slow recovery and mobility and other issues which were slow to improve. Sadly she passed away at the New Year, and will it's still hard for me to deal with, I am going to go......

i sympathise, i've been ill and long time in hospital, now with mobility issues, but not passed away.