deebeedoobee

On 6/10/2022 at 3:31 PM, lucyginger said:

Oh crikey! Let's just ignore that!!!

It is fecking boiling here. I'm in my shop, trying to hide from a beam of direct sunlight. I have been sitting in it recently as a sacrifice to the weather gods- you may not think it a sacrifice but I've almost caught on fire several times over the last few weeks. 

Your sacrifice is doing a great job Lucy Loo! Beautiful sunny weather here. I was going to go for a run at 5.30am today, so that I didn’t have to run in the heat, but the BBC said it would cloud over at 11am, so I had a coffee instead and went out at 12. The BBC lied…..the sun was still shining at 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 1.   Readily feckin boiled my head it did.

still it was quiet out round the lanes round Worthy. No people, and only saw:

• a van carrying teepee poles
  • one dead mole
  • some beautiful butterflies
  • the colourful tents at Worthy View
  • a flat as a pancake squirrel.

2 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Right guys, I feel daft asking anyone else, but I can't for the life of me remember where the Bandstand is. Anyone help? I've seen many bands there over the years and normally know my way around. I feel ashamed of myself x

Here you go lovely

FB622E94-243C-44A4-BCCF-CDB1C6BB8ECB.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Lots of nonsense in the thread that shall not be named. How's that Pilton forcefield holding up @deebeedoobee?

Re-waterproofing my jacket today in the knowledge that any planning or advance effort I make in anything never bloody pays off 😂

The forcefield is strong. No r**n for 6 days.  Hot hot hot Friday then a little dust settler maybe on sat/sun. After that we will have some weather. Everyone needs to remain vigilant and sacrifice whenever possible. 

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Does it count as a sacrifice to the weather gods to be going for a 5 hour hair appointment on the hottest day of the year. If it does and it works you can all thank me next week!

In the same vein; does working in a massive,busy kitchen with a broken extraction unit during the hottest week of the year count?  If so I too have made a huge sacrifice this week 😉

1 minute ago, DirtyLurker said:

In the same vein; does working in a massive,busy kitchen with a broken extraction unit during the hottest week of the year count?  If so I too have made a huge sacrifice this week 😉

Fingers crossed that it does and we will be rewarded with our perfect festival weather! 

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Fingers crossed that it does and we will be rewarded with our perfect festival weather! 

5hrs in hairdressers, sounds like you'll be having an exciting colour treatment going on?  Top tip for dealing with extreme heat: damp cloth on back of neck and wrists, absolutely works a treat to bring body core temp down.

All hall the sun Gods (even with an extremely pale complexion, I will don factor 50)

12 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Top tip for dealing with extreme heat: damp cloth on back of neck and wrists, absolutely works a treat to bring body core temp down.

Similar idea, I soak a bandana then put it on. I like to think it also makes me look a little rakish and edgy. It’s not a look everyone can pull off.