deebeedoobee

Just got rained on walking the dog with no jacket.  Spent hours waterproofing the tent and our jackets last weekend.  Cycling on Saturday which looks like it's also going to be in the rain.  I'm giving my tributes regularly.

2 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Hello! 

Yes the 'other' thread is dangerous! 

I've only looked at it once this year, a couple of weeks ago, would you recommend I stay out of it? I've been avoiding it because I know that once I check it I won't be able to stop…

Plus obviously modern meteorology is based on lies and deceit and it's much better for us to continue making offerings to the NFR NFC forces instead. I forgot to pack a jacket last week and as a result had to cycle home in an absolute downpour, I was soaked to my skin but grinning by the time I got home.

23 minutes ago, offmytrolley said:

I've only looked at it once this year, a couple of weeks ago, would you recommend I stay out of it? I've been avoiding it because I know that once I check it I won't be able to stop…

Plus obviously modern meteorology is based on lies and deceit and it's much better for us to continue making offerings to the NFR NFC forces instead. I forgot to pack a jacket last week and as a result had to cycle home in an absolute downpour, I was soaked to my skin but grinning by the time I got home.

Brilliant sacrifice. 

WRT the other thread if you like emotional rollercoasters it’s the place to be. One minute people getting unduly excited by Azure fingers and then the next minute predicting weather apocalypse!

Much saner in here

21 minutes ago, tarw said:

WRT the other thread if you like emotional rollercoasters it’s the place to be. One minute people getting unduly excited by Azure fingers and then the next minute predicting weather apocalypse!

I remember the agony and the ecstacy from previous years! Best avoided this time around, my nerves aren't up to it nowadays!

I completely agree! I potentially have PTSD so I really REALLY can't get sucked in to the other place! Haha!

Sterling efforts all round, folks. Great work! Today I am in my little shop, and I've held out as long as poss to put the air con on, but I sell veg so it needs to be chilly! I'm not going to put a cardi on if I get cold! 

32 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I completely agree! I potentially have PTSD so I really REALLY can't get sucked in to the other place! Haha!

Sterling efforts all round, folks. Great work! Today I am in my little shop, and I've held out as long as poss to put the air con on, but I sell veg so it needs to be chilly! I'm not going to put a cardi on if I get cold! 

I’ve never put a cardi on if it gets cold … does that count …. If you sell veg surely it gets chilli 🌶 

Hi lovely NFR-NFC-ers!

I know I haven't been in here properly for a while, but I do lurk around to see what you're up to, sometimes. Anyway, was just to say hello and hope you're all as excited as me for LESS THAN FOUR WEEKS TIME!!

It's been sooooooooo long.

Do people still think they'll gravitate towards the R&F on the Wednesday evening? It's just such a lovely and perfect start to the whole thing, and probably the only genuine chance I'll have to see so many of you.

Anyway, as you will imagine, I'm in heaven today as the Block9 drop finally arrived. All I need now is the full thingy on Monday or Tuesday so I can begin three weeks of obsessional scheduling!

Love to all

Ben
x

Edited by bennyhana22

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi lovely NFR-NFC-ers!

I know I haven't been in here properly for a while, but I do lurk around to see what you're up to, sometimes. Anyway, was just to say hello and hope you're all as excited as me for LESS THAN FOUR WEEKS TIME!!

It's been sooooooooo long.

Do people still think they'll gravitate towards the R&F on the Wednesday evening? It's just such a lovely and perfect start to the whole thing, and probably the only genuine chance I'll have to see so many of you.

Anyway, as you will imagine, I'm in heaven today as the Block9 drop finally arrived. All I need now is the full thingy on Monday or Tuesday so I can begin three weeks of obsessional scheduling!

Love to all

Ben
x

Yes, I shall hopefully be at the R&F... but shifts permitting because for the first time, this year I’m a volunteer bar worker. Anyway.... last time (2019 I think) you only paid a flying visit because your ridiculous schedule had you in at least three places at once.... are you planning to hang around this year?! Or is that clashfinder permitting?!!

7 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Yes, I shall hopefully be at the R&F... but shifts permitting because for the first time, this year I’m a volunteer bar worker. Anyway.... last time (2019 I think) you only paid a flying visit because your ridiculous schedule had you in at least three places at once.... are you planning to hang around this year?! Or is that clashfinder permitting?!!

Ha! Well...

After making sure everyone's tent corners are super tight, ensuring magnificent erections for all, I plan to initiate the three camp newbies in the Rites of the Farm™️, before heading off on my customary circumnavigation of the site, always attempting to go 'everywhere' (including this year the lookout in T&C that I did not know existed!). That would naturally lead me to arrive at the R&F with the festival fully absorbed into my being. As to how long I am able to stay still there, well, only fate can that decide*.

Ben

* but long enough to have a sip of @Curlygirl's Cherry Bakewell, before screwing my face up as, despite it's remarkable flavour, it's still got alcohol in it which, as everyone knows, tastes icky.

39 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

* but long enough to have a sip of @Curlygirl's Cherry Bakewell, before screwing my face up as, despite it's remarkable flavour, it's still got alcohol in it which, as everyone knows, tastes icky

All I needed to know. One  sip of that and you’re there for the evening.

Hmmm, I'm wondering with the brief showers today, whether doing some DIY drilling outside might be a little too tempting for the weather gods....