South Facing Festival 2022

John L

34 minutes ago, collectivisedfarming said:

Yeah he has when I've seen him before, all the ones you'd expect really. He's a decent live act. Ride and Brdmm are pretty good supports.

I have something on in the day so not sure what time i'll get there, must get there for Ride though one of my favourite bands from back in the day. I think Brdmm supported Ride on their recent tour.

5 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

Moved it to the Troxy a week later I believe 

I've seen this, although I think they've kept the original date of 13 Aug?  I can only imagine it must have sold poorly or something?  Although looks like they're still charging £60 for it on Dice! 

Thanks for this - snapped up a couple of Richard Ashcroft tickets for the princely sum of £6 each! Ashcroft and Ride are both great, and Tess Parks is deffo worth a listen if you don't know her (similar to a quieter Brian Jonestown Massacre).

We've never been to the Crystal Palace Bowl before, so if anyone could help as to (1) the easiest/quickest way to get there by train from North West London, and (2) am I right in thinking you just sit/stand on grass, so it's pretty comfortable (no need for blankets or towels)? Hope the food is as good as at Standon Calling or APE and not just burgers and chips.

Also, apart from starting at 5.30pm, if anyone comes across stage times that would be handy.

7 hours ago, rivaldo said:

Thanks for this - snapped up a couple of Richard Ashcroft tickets for the princely sum of £6 each! Ashcroft and Ride are both great, and Tess Parks is deffo worth a listen if you don't know her (similar to a quieter Brian Jonestown Massacre).

We've never been to the Crystal Palace Bowl before, so if anyone could help as to (1) the easiest/quickest way to get there by train from North West London, and (2) am I right in thinking you just sit/stand on grass, so it's pretty comfortable (no need for blankets or towels)? Hope the food is as good as at Standon Calling or APE and not just burgers and chips.

Also, apart from starting at 5.30pm, if anyone comes across stage times that would be handy.

Food selection was more limited than APE when I went but more interesting than just burger and chips.

It's just grass and the weather looks dry.

Depends exactly where you're coming from but you could do jubilee then Victoria line to Brixton and get the number 3 bus, it's about a 15/20 minute walk to be bowl then. Or go to London Bridge and then Southern Rail to Penge West and walk, or Victoria and then Southern Rail to Crystal Palace.

• Like 1