Forwards Festival 2022

TheWaters

On 2/28/2022 at 11:54 PM, TheWaters said:

Interesting to note that the friday is also pencilled in for use. Wonder who we’ll see headlining that

Massive Attack are headlining that Connect festival in Scotland thats sharing a lot of artists. Would a lot of sense i think

On 3/2/2022 at 10:24 AM, gfa said:

Massive Attack are headlining that Connect festival in Scotland thats sharing a lot of artists. Would a lot of sense i think

Would be good that. One of those I’d hope for a cheap ticket better the time but would go either way. In a similar vein of acts from that lineup, The National pretty please. 

5 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Was curious so messaged the fest asking if it was just one stage and if we’re getting more acts and they’ve said it’ll be a two stage music set up, one stage for talks and speakers and there are a load more acts to come

any word on the friday?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

Just bought a ticket for this. Out of interest what was the tier 1 price? It was at tier 3 but still really happy at £100 for that line-up. Also alerts out w few more Glastonbury clashes! 

Think the weekend early birds were £75? But more like £85 each with the booking fees.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Any Saturday FORWARDS news views and reviews???

Top site tips?

I’m going Sunday. 

I have and it isn't a good one.

Sound is so bad on site, especially at stage 1 could barely here little Simz and we were very close. Khruangbin was mixed horribly and we were by the mixing desk which confused us. We barely heard any guitar for their whole set.

Overall thought it was pretty naff, think I won't bother with outdoor day festivals after this unless it's someone on an exclusive.

oh dear.  I'm off there today and hope it's a bit better.

how were things like bar and toilet queues, and getting between stages?

I notice they've interleaved the set-times so potentially you could keep jumping between the 2 stages to see most of the bands. Is this possible on a practical level?

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

I have and it isn't a good one.

Sound is so bad on site, especially at stage 1 could barely here little Simz and we were very close. Khruangbin was mixed horribly and we were by the mixing desk which confused us. We barely heard any guitar for their whole set.

Overall thought it was pretty naff, think I won't bother with outdoor day festivals after this unless it's someone on an exclusive.

Hahaha, I felt the opposite. I saw all of the four acts on Stage 1 Charli XCX onwards and the sound was superb all the way. I was standing leaning on the rail right in front of the sound shed during the first three of them (Charli, Khruangbin and Little Simz) and felt the sound and the mix pretty good. I was way back from the stage for headliner Jamie xx and the sound was also no problem to me.

I also saw part of Fred Again and Floating Points on Stage 2, moving around somewhere between the sound shed and the side of the arena and the sound was also good.

It was a pretty manageable setting as there were only two music stages and you don’t have to walk around among multiple stages. I felt far less tired as compared with All Points East for example.

Be there and make your own judgements.

33 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

Hahaha, I felt the opposite. I saw all of the four acts on Stage 1 Charli XCX onwards and the sound was superb all the way. I was standing leaning on the rail right in front of the sound shed during the first three of them (Charli, Khruangbin and Little Simz) and felt the sound and the mix pretty good. I was way back from the stage for headliner Jamie xx and the sound was also no problem to me.

I also saw part of Fred Again and Floating Points on Stage 2, moving around somewhere between the sound shed and the side of the arena and the sound was also good.

It was a pretty manageable setting as there were only two music stages and you don’t have to walk around among multiple stages. I felt far less tired as compared with All Points East for example.

Be there and make your own judgements.

Me and our group of 5 all agreed the sound was rubbish in multiple different spots. Clearly we have different thresholds for good sound because this wasn't it at all. For Khruangbin for example, the mix was so bad you could only hear bass and occasionally a snare, was so bad.

Edited by scatteredscreens

I would say in it's defence it's not got as much as an icky corporate vibe than all points east so there's that. But yeah I was pretty disappointed as a whole. The only act who really blew me away was Little Simz and I'd seen her do better performances elsewhere. Jamie XX was an utter snooze fest, probably one of the most uneventful live things I've seen.

Anyhow, off there tomorrow bright and early to catch comet is coming. Hopefully the sound is a little bit better but not expecting much.