2022 Secret Sets/Special Guests

Hugh Jass

4 hours ago, sadimmock said:

That was a brilliant start to the day. Really lovely and a great set-up to the Brett Anderson talk in the Crows Nest and a walk around Glastonbury on Sea. I wonder if Medium Sized Bands doing Obscurity/Request sets" could become a thing?

Vampire Weekend are quite known for doing requests, they did it throughout their UK tour in 2019 and i assume other countries too - fans come with signs prepared.

14 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Secret set from Dave before his big headline set in 23? 

Not sure if Reading have him as an exclusive but this could be one way around it if so. 

Flo and The 1975 also seem like plausible options. 

Reading haven't advertised any of their headliners as exclusives this year, so its hard to know

also is it possible to multi-quote over two pages???

13 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

If The 1975 do perform a secret set, do we think they could be lined up to headline 2023? In a trio of say Taylor Swift/AM/The 1975?

Can’t see it. At this point I’d say there’s Dua Lipa, Dave and Harry Styles (he might not be an easy get, though) who are more likely to be given that leg up to headliners.

Maybe if their next album does well and has some big singles they could be back on track for it but I imagine by then 2023 headliners will be lined up.

8 hours ago, George1399 said:

Green Day could be a contender - Friday, Sat and Monday gigs across London, Huddersfield and Dublin respectively.

I'm sure I've seen them say somewhere they're more than up for doing it

I think if they played it as it would be the first time it would be proper. Headlining Other (but they're bigger than that). 

7 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

I’ve never seen the BBC setup near the park despite looking for it casually in passing. Is it obvious to see, or cordoned off quite a way back?

It's way up the hill, and over to the side, so you probably wouldn't be casually passing, you'd need to make a special trek up there.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If wishing made it so, @guypjfreak would have Pearl Jam headlining Friday, Saturday and Sunday, a secret acoustic Rabbit Hole show, plus a Mike McCready DJ set on Pangea

I see nothing wrong with anything you've written there, bar for the absence of the newly renamed Stone Gossard Circle. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, Addaloria said:

I'm new to Glastonbury, so I am not quite sure how it all works. Regarding secret sets, I noticed LCD Soundsystem has a handful of dates at Brixton Academy 6/29-7/3. Are they a contender for a band to pop up on a stage somewhere at Glastonbury? 

A lot of us certainly hope so. They've played the festival a few times before so that puts them in good stead.

Naysayers will point out that Al Doyle when asked if they are playing this year and he said no. However that was quite a while ago and possibly before he knew about the London gigs. 

Some have said if Al Doyle did know about playing Glastonbury and lied about it it makes him a man of great integrity. So maybe gage your level of hope on how much integrity you think Al Doyle has. 

Id say zero chance. They love money and have nothing to promote. What would there be to gain for them? Silly amount of equipment for them also and not the right slot for them, they would want to play at night. Also despite being amazing for those in the crowd their last glasto gig was poorly attended. I would be stunned if they did it personally. 

Edited by Memory Man

1 minute ago, wozwebs said:

Rumour is that it is Pulp. They’ve done a secret set before!

4D514679-B8D6-4B3F-817E-A7611F642C3C.jpeg

This is likely in relation to the horrible potential closure of the Leadmill by the landlord (of the building), so this is probably to raise funds/campaign that. So I maybe wouldn't read too much into it?