Kids Field

FuzzyDunlop

2 of our group have a child now. She will be 4 & 1/2 by the time the festival rolls around. The parents have been to Glastonbury 6 times (including when the mum was pregnant) so they know what to expect. They are not camping with us for obvious reasons, but are still coming. 

How does it work re: Kids Field? Can we as a group go in there as long as we have a child with us or is it wristband only? I want to watch Dynamo if I can. 

As far as I'm aware anyone can wander through. When I went in 2010 it was the 1st time I'd been since having kids and although they weren't with me as I was volunteering I had a wander through on my own to see what was there for future reference if we did take the children. 

Anybody can go in the field anytime, however during Dynamo’s performance a couple of festivals ago entrance to the TENT was restricted to 1 adult per child max (e.g. 1 adult could take multiple kids, but 2 adults couldn’t take 1 kid, one adult would have to stay outside).

It was rammed 

Edited by John the Moth

8 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Anybody can go in the field anytime

thats correct for the field organser (tony), who says we're all kids just of different ages,

sometimes the stewards are a bit over-efficient and won't let adults in without a kid.

It's one of the only parts of the site with people at the entrance - mainly I think to stop children wandering off with no sign of parents/carers nearby!

2017 we only had a 12 week old, this time she's 5 and a 2 year old also in tow, so Kidz Field is going to be a main part of the site for us - also super handy that it's in a nice corner near Acoustic, Theatre, Circus - I love all that area.

23 minutes ago, Stu H said:

It's one of the only parts of the site with people at the entrance - mainly I think to stop children wandering off with no sign of parents/carers nearby!

2017 we only had a 12 week old, this time she's 5 and a 2 year old also in tow, so Kidz Field is going to be a main part of the site for us - also super handy that it's in a nice corner near Acoustic, Theatre, Circus - I love all that area.

at the top of the field there will probably be a small marquee with groundsheets (for crawling) and some toys for little ones to play with; its a tent i started with my ex* and she still does it i think.

*after taking a just crawling kid to 98' and 99', with nowhere for the kid to crawl, that kid is now 26 and has done more glastonburys than most people posting here, he doesn't know how lucky he is....!

2 hours ago, Neil said:

at the top of the field there will probably be a small marquee with groundsheets (for crawling) and some toys for little ones to play with; its a tent i started with my ex* and she still does it i think.

*after taking a just crawling kid to 98' and 99', with nowhere for the kid to crawl, that kid is now 26 and has done more glastonburys than most people posting here, he doesn't know how lucky he is....!

Do they go to Beautiful Days? Went in a similar tent this year which was ideal for Mini-Blutarsky. 

12 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Anybody can go in the field anytime, however during Dynamo’s performance a couple of festivals ago entrance to the TENT was restricted to 1 adult per child max (e.g. 1 adult could take multiple kids, but 2 adults couldn’t take 1 kid, one adult would have to stay outside).

It was rammed 

I’d forgotten about Dynamo. We were there as our kids were desperate to see him. Got in about an hour before he was due on but come the time they couldn’t be arsed as they were kicking a ball about with new found pals 🤷‍♂️😆

A magical place. I’ve a video from years ago somewhere of my youngest playing drums in a jammin session in the Kidz field. He’d “played” Glastonbury aged 8 😎

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Dillyblue said:

We had children with us at the last festival. Thorough check on the gate but in a nice way which we were quite glad about.The Basil Brush show was hilarious!  A great place for kids with activities for different ages. 

81153E57-F171-409B-B971-BF36D609D861.jpeg.1b3beea8415beae2d405601b39c6bf62.jpeg

boom boom . He’s back headlining this year!  I think anyone can wander through the field, after a quick check, we did last time and it was a joy seeing all the kids so happy.  
Basil Brush was well full up.  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

81153E57-F171-409B-B971-BF36D609D861.jpeg.1b3beea8415beae2d405601b39c6bf62.jpeg

boom boom . He’s back headlining this year!  I think anyone can wander through the field, after a quick check, we did last time and it was a joy seeing all the kids so happy.  
Basil Brush was well full up.  

Basil was a highlight of the whole weekend, mini moth loved it. Although she wondered why daddy was laughing at some of the ‘things’  she didn’t understand.

8 hours ago, Neil said:

I've always wanted to play a free set there. I kind of did as I played the Worthy Pastures!!🤣 https://www.instagram.com/p/CSJ5pG8j27j/

2 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Basil was a highlight of the whole weekend, mini moth loved it. Although she wondered why daddy was laughing at some of the ‘things’  she didn’t understand.

rastamouse is cooler 

My husband and I have gone in there without kids. One of our friends who has been before was contemplating going but with kids and asked us to check what the kids facilities were like. I'm guessing we probably went on Thursday because there was stuff going on. 

As for Dynamo I am a bit of a magic fan and was so excited when I heard he was going to be there but it was strictly no adults allowed I believe. If one adult is allowed and anyone ever needs me to supervise a child I am up to the job. 

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

My husband and I have gone in there without kids. One of our friends who has been before was contemplating going but with kids and asked us to check what the kids facilities were like. I'm guessing we probably went on Thursday because there was stuff going on. 

As for Dynamo I am a bit of a magic fan and was so excited when I heard he was going to be there but it was strictly no adults allowed I believe. If one adult is allowed and anyone ever needs me to supervise a child I am up to the job. 

for the really busy shows they like to keep surplus adults out, to keep it for the kids.

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Saw him live in Bristol. Very good. Bet it is fun at Glastonbury with a kids oriented show