Site Changes - What do we know?

stuartbert two hats

10 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

… maybe something in the pipeline that’s not ready …. But it won’t be 3 years … it will be from the time planning was refused … 

Do you work in planning permission or similar? (noticed by chance you’ve posted about planning before on an unrelated topic in a different thread)

Just now, Twiggy553 said:

I didn’t see pangea, and thought the spider was cool.

Wasn’t the issue with the spider related to size because the speaker stacks are at the end of the legs, which is a bit limiting. Maybe they can add some more speakers 🤷‍♂️ 

THat wouldn't be too difficult in principle - but they would need to be mindful of phasing and crowd movement etc. 

8 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

I didn’t see pangea, and thought the spider was cool.

Wasn’t the issue with the spider related to size because the speaker stacks are at the end of the legs, which is a bit limiting. Maybe they can add some more speakers 🤷‍♂️ 

The sound is bad for Arcadia unless you’re underneath it really. If the Chemical Brothers are really on it it’s going to be a waste of time for half the crowd. 

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They’ve obviously been reading here … but 4 new performance peices ? And the date is referring to 2020 

You see that quite a lot on Twitter and FB - people banging on about their ‘inside sources’, and you think “that’ll be efests then”

7 minutes ago, henry bear said:

You see that quite a lot on Twitter and FB - people banging on about their ‘inside sources’, and you think “that’ll be efests then”

id love the owners of these accounts to own up ... and say what their efest usernames are 🙂 

Quite a big day for site change news

1) Silver Hayes getting two new stages The lonely hearts club and Firmly Rooted. Sonic and wow are staying. 

Presumably that means Gully Blues and Pussy Parlure are going. Possibly No average groove going as well? 

Could the BBC introducing tent be on the move from that area? 

2) The jib of the crane has been spotted on site so rumors of its demise are greatly exaggerated!

I’d assume this means just 4 stages in Silver Hayes, so BBC Intro elsewhere and the other 3 gone.

I could see Lonely Hearts Club taking up most of the West side of SH as an outdoor stage, where Blues was, and Firmly Rooted as a tent further towards WOW.

That’d work better for me anyway, never felt like there needed to be that many stages in there.

On 4/18/2022 at 5:45 PM, crazyfool1 said:

id love the owners of these accounts to own up ... and say what their efest usernames are 🙂 

I'm sure a fair few do it in reverse too - see a rumour on twitter and announce it here as fact.  Creates this wonderful little echo chamber.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

I wonder if the Stonebridge is being moved up and made bigger. To address the noise bleed for the park, and the massive queues in 2019

In an interview they gave pre 2020 festival the people that run Stonebridge said they were supposedly getting a bigger tent for it, so that’s at least partly possible.

44 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I wonder if the Stonebridge is being moved up and made bigger. To address the noise bleed for the park, and the massive queues in 2019

I worked on the Stonebridge bar in 2019 for Shelter....it was very tight behind the bar for staff and stock to be stored....a few of us did say we thought the bar should be a lot bigger not only for the amount of punters it attracts but space for people to manoeuvre who are working on it.