Site Changes - What do we know?

stuartbert two hats

5 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

No inside info but surely the outcome here is it's Pangeas final Glasto then next year it'll change, either to Spider or otherwise.

No Pangea base goes this week and the spider is here for this year … after that hopefully they will have some new ideas how to progress things beyond the spider 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

No Pangea base goes this week and the spider is here for this year … after that hopefully they will have some new ideas how to progress things beyond the spider 

I mean without being a tad down on it - they’ve had three years to think of some new ideas?! 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Where has the info on the crane disappearing this week come from? 

2 minutes ago, leath02 said:

I mean without being a tad down on it - they’ve had three years to think of some new ideas?! 

… maybe something in the pipeline that’s not ready …. But it won’t be 3 years … it will be from the time planning was refused … 

8 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Love that Superhans and his non English speaking Girlfriend are in that! 

Haha I didn’t notice that.  “It’s the heart of darkness!  It’s the dirt!”

I guess he chose that because of the quote “don’t worry about them, because they sure as hell aren’t worrying about you!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, leath02 said:

Perhaps they are playing it safe a year with the spider as they probably a lost a load of money with the crane given it was only there for a year + spent money on legal stuff regarding the base etc

13 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

That spike bar looks a lot bigger looking at photos from site … hopefully it doesn’t lose too much with the loss of tree canopy … and somehow they still have the mirror ball above 

Any links to pictures of the new design

1 hour ago, beefykoala said:

I've not been to Glasto since 2007 - can someone give me a summary of what all this spider business is about please? Are we happy there's gonna be a spider or do we want the spider to leave the premises?

The giant fire breathing spider left in 2019, and was replaced with a huge crane that was supposed to have a large globe suspended from it, that span around, and there were flamethrowers around it.

However the crane was a little underwhelming, particularly as the main set piece (the globe) wasn’t able to be used for 90% of the time due to the wind.

the planning permission for the crane has actually been rejected anyway, and they’re going to have to take it down (it was a partially permanent structure), probably before the 2022 festival. 

it is is likely the Spider is going to be back for 2022 to replace it for at least this festival.

some people are happy about this as the crane was pretty crap, people love the spider and some people (ie me) have never seen the spider.

some people are unhappy with this, largely because they’ve been to 5/10+ festivals and have therefore seen the spider a lot and are not fussed about it anymore and/or think there should be progress as the spider has been around for a while.

Edited by MaxPower
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

The giant fire breathing spider left in 2019, and was replaced with a huge crane that was supposed to have a large globe suspended from it, that span around, and there were flamethrowers around it.

However the crane was a little underwhelming, particularly as the main set piece (the globe) wasn’t able to be used for 90% of the time due to the wind.

the planning permission for the crane has actually been rejected anyway, and they’re going to have to take it down (it was a partially permanent structure), probably before the 2022 festival. 

it is is likely the Spider is going to be back for 2022 to replace it for at least this festival.

some people are happy about this as the crane was pretty crap, people love the spider and some people (ie me) have never seen the spider.

some people are unhappy with this, largely because they’ve been to 5/10+ festivals and have therefore seen the spider a lot and are not fussed about it anymore. 

I appreciate you taking the time to explain this. I now understand, am invested, and feel that I am pro spider.

• Upvote 2