Site Changes - What do we know?

stuartbert two hats

7 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Ooo. Tell us more 

That’s about as much as I’ve got … hopefully the source is accurate 🙂 webcam is down which could be unrelated and is me speculating… but the prospect of them taking this down after each festival wouldn’t have made things easy with such a big structure … I think they would have a month either side …. And the spider is pretty practiced now … edit nothing happening yet near Pangea according to Dee 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm not so sure. I think the festival rightly loves the panorama behind the Pyramid, it's almost as iconic as the stage itself. It's fine for the likes of Reading, where it disguises an industrial estate and a railway line but 75% of the festival is behind the Pyramid. There's something about being able to see the Tor, tents, hills, stages, rope lights, etc. 

I would like to see them utilise the shape of the Pyramid a little more though and some new technology would be great. Not sure what, maybe wider screens as opposed to larger and projections onto the Pyramid itself? 

You can't really see the vista in the crowd that's more for the cameras and they'd still be able to pick that out with careful positioning.

Bigger screens would alleviate some of the flag debate and would make the guest experience better. 

I’m sure the crane could improve with time, but even then I think it lacks in the menace and engagement the spider brought, it feels you’re part of it being almost within it, and closer to all the action. The crane will have been a huge investment that failed if it only makes one appearance.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Same.  Would rather watch things evolve rather than see them switching back.

Agree … can’t see where the spider will develop to same extent … there will obviously be some evolving but spider looks a pretty finished article now 

38 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m sure the crane could improve with time, but even then I think it lacks in the menace and engagement the spider brought, it feels you’re part of it being almost within it, and closer to all the action. The crane will have been a huge investment that failed if it only makes one appearance.

Could do something else with the Crane. But losing the spider, one of the best things at the festival, was a blow. 

Edited by whitehorses

55 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Could do something else with the Crane. But losing the spider, one of the best things at the festival, was a blow. 

I've never done glasto, but have seen the spider at Bestival and did that London thing back in 2018 that was great. I'm guessing they were touring the world with the Spider until the world locked down. It wouldn't surprise me if the team is itching to bring it back for that reason. I'm not sure how I feel about pangea in comparison. 

22 minutes ago, prog seller said:

I've never done glasto, but have seen the spider at Bestival and did that London thing back in 2018 that was great. I'm guessing they were touring the world with the Spider until the world locked down. It wouldn't surprise me if the team is itching to bring it back for that reason. I'm not sure how I feel about pangea in comparison. 

Pangea was quite spectacular in a way, but it didn’t have anywhere near the drama of the spider. 

• Like 1