Site Changes - What do we know?

stuartbert two hats

29 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Am I right in thinking it's open on the Wed and Thu nights too? And if so, what kind of time do you have to get there to get in on those nights?

Thursday last time there was a fashion show as well in the evening,  believe they went around all block 9. Didn't go myself but spoke to a security lady the next day and she was very shocked at what people were wearing 😃

12 hours ago, MaxPower said:

I wouldn’t mind another Co-Op, it was great last time but the queue was a pain at peak times. 

some more compost loos rather than long drops would be great. 

They've had them at R&L for years and not added an extra one despite it always being rammed. That being said they must have at least 3 co-op setups (R&L + creamfields all have one on the same weekend) so a second one at Glastonbury doesn't seem completely out of the question.

10 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Thursday last time there was a fashion show as well in the evening,  believe they went around all block 9. Didn't go myself but spoke to a security lady the next day and she was very shocked at what people were wearing 😃

It was a fetish night, and if you followed the dress code they let you skip the queue into NYC Downlow 😀

1 hour ago, Fish Bulb said:

Am I right in thinking it's open on the Wed and Thu nights too? And if so, what kind of time do you have to get there to get in on those nights?

The Wednesday its most just like any other late night venue but with the sound not as loud due to the license. Best nights are normally Friday and Saturday

3 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Ah yes Fetish night, that was it

Awaits @Yoghurt on a Stick to post that picture

Hello fred,

It's a good job that you linked me in, otherwise I'd never have known about my cue. I don't look at all threads, you see, and believe this is my first time on this one as I'm pretty sure that I haven't even opened this thread once up until now. 

Anyway, forgive the rambling above - I've had a few drinks and a smoke - just to take the edge off, so to speak. The edge of true reality that is!.

Anyway, like the consummate professional I am, I know 'exactly' how to just get to the point when that point presents itself. No, no, I'm not one to go past their shelf life. That said, if I could just say the following few words - barnacle, steam, Rhododendrons, tabernacle.......

Oh, OK, be like that! Here it is;

diving

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone think we'll get new screens on the Pyramid this year?

A lot of festivals have moved to these super wraparound LED screens - would really add to performances I think and if they don't have them might Glasto look a little low production in comparison?

https://accessaa.co.uk/case-study-creative-technology-nearly-doubles-main-stage-imags-at-reading-leeds/

leedsfestival.jpg

28 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

A lot of festivals have moved to these super wraparound LED screens - would really add to performances I think and if they don't have them might Glasto look a little low production in comparison?

https://accessaa.co.uk/case-study-creative-technology-nearly-doubles-main-stage-imags-at-reading-leeds/

leedsfestival.jpg

I reckon they’d appear on Other first, Pyramid is kind of an awkward shape! 

35 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

leedsfestival.jpg

I'm not so sure. I think the festival rightly loves the panorama behind the Pyramid, it's almost as iconic as the stage itself. It's fine for the likes of Reading, where it disguises an industrial estate and a railway line but 75% of the festival is behind the Pyramid. There's something about being able to see the Tor, tents, hills, stages, rope lights, etc. 

I would like to see them utilise the shape of the Pyramid a little more though and some new technology would be great. Not sure what, maybe wider screens as opposed to larger and projections onto the Pyramid itself?