Site Changes - What do we know?

stuartbert two hats

Ok, so now that the worries about whether the festival is happening are pretty much over, we need to turn our attention to the really important stuff - what's going to change on site?

The big one that I can think of is the enlarged, slightly relocated Spike Bar. Anyone who was as Worthy Pastures probably saw it. It's on two levels now and looked pretty good.

We should see changes at both the Rush sites - namely The Pier and Pangea. The Pier was clearly unfinished and Arcadia made a big thing back in 2019 about Pangea evolving over time.

There's also a new bridge at the entrance to Kings Meadow and Bella's Bridge looked in need of a major safety upgrade/replacement back in August.

What else? Have any other hints been dropped about new areas or infrastructure? Are there going to be new toilets? Has any new drainage been installed? Has there been any landscaping? And less importantly, are there even going to be new stages?

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

If they keep pushing us up the hill on row mead they'll be no fucking front row camping... And the reason they do it is so they have more room for headliners.. 

The thing is I can't think of anyone who could properly fill that space 

Anyone 

• Upvote 1

Glastonbury on Sea was marked out on the map of the site Emily put on instagram last week so I’d have thought that will definitely be making a return.

There’s also some blurb about it on the areas page on the official site suggesting it’ll be there for 2022.

3 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

If they keep pushing us up the hill on row mead they'll be no fucking front row camping... And the reason they do it is so they have more room for headliners.. 

The thing is I can't think of anyone who could properly fill that space 

Anyone 

So it was proposed, I couldn’t quite remember. Maybe trying to create a wider walk way round the field though the main pinch point there is just at the side of the stage heading towards beat hotel etc 

8 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Regarding Spike bar. I had a wonder around it on worthy pastures and I don't think it was any different.  Maybe it looked different because it didn't have the bar and decorations etc?

It was the middle of the night when I went up, I might have it totally wrong. I'm pretty sure it has been rebuilt though, even if it's the same as before.