Bingley Weekender 2022

49Lawson

Could not find a thread for this so thought I would start a new one. Really nice little festival held on the site of a rugby field, me and my girlfriend worked the first one and are probably going to head back down this year. 

Fairly solid start so far for the size of it, shame they lost Primal Scream as the Friday headliner for Rag N Bone Man but I’m just mainly happy the festival calendar looks to actually be happening this year.

Seems that they’re about to drop the next wave of artists having started teasing with silhouettes on the social media, wondered if anyone could guess who they’ve added?

7ED9157C-D0E7-4115-9AB8-9D8E787F0C79.png

5AEC276B-7632-4392-A1AF-777A8F66AE02.jpeg

Hi there! Thanks for starting this thread, I was hoping someone would post about it. 

I can't believe they have Pixies playing! So excited! I want to book tickets and would love to take our campervan. BUT campervan tickets are sold out 😞 😞 We don't want to camp, so our options are: 1. Find a campsite nearby to stay on in our van, 2. Try to buy a campervan ticket on re-sale (or from someone selling one). 

Is anyone selling a camper ticket? Or knows of a campsite nearby? Any help appreciated 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi does anyone know whether the VIP tickets are worth buying ? Website mentions VIP entry lane, bar and posh toilets but is there any priority space up front or a ‘golden circle’ type benefit? Would cost me almost £100 extra to upgrade our tickets so want to make sure worth it. Two are for my kids who can’t use the bar anyway! 😂 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 12:39 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Hi does anyone know whether the VIP tickets are worth buying ? Website mentions VIP entry lane, bar and posh toilets but is there any priority space up front or a ‘golden circle’ type benefit? Would cost me almost £100 extra to upgrade our tickets so want to make sure worth it. Two are for my kids who can’t use the bar anyway! 😂 

Not sure it is worth it to be honest!

Practically on my doorstep, so would be remiss to not try something. A Sunday day ticket would be a nice treat. Might have to see if it can be sourced on the even-cheaper-than-cheap.

• 5 weeks later...

I live in Bingley. I'm glad we have a music festival.

BUT, the line up for this year's Bingley Weekender, organised by SSD Concerts in conjunction with the Bingley Rugby Club, is very badly out of balance.

The image shows how the line up looks if your removed all of the "all-male" acts. 

So, next year I'd like to see a more diverse, gender balanced, line up.

I'm happy to help.

There are music industry initiatives that are trying to address this AND there are festivals committed to a 50/50 gender balance. Why not ours?

If you'd like to help, you could:

bingley-womxn.png

• Like 1

Very good weekend all in all. Rag n Bone surprisingly good, I didn't enjoy The Libertines (they seemed disinterested), Pixies we're great. 

I prefer the old site at Myrtle Park, food was decent but expensive, crowd was good and the weather perfect. Everyone we saw was great (apart from The Libs), Shed Seven and Beans on Toast other highlights for me. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

I prefer the old site at Myrtle Park....

Personally I think the Rugby club is a better site. I found Myrtle Park a bit too hemmed in, 15,000 for not a massive arena. But obviously the new(ish) site is a much smaller capacity (5k?)

Only went for Sunday this time around but really enjoyed it. Good value. Pixies and Sea Power were brilliant. Second time I've seen The Hara and I do think they're quite an entertaining live band! 🙂 

• Upvote 1

We managed to get along yesterday and we had a really good time, it must be said. Think there’s a lot to enjoy about these smaller festivals; far less taxing on the legs and so easy to get in and see a good few bands.

Thought White Lies were another band I’ve seen this year to have massively benefitted from the pandemic in terms of it making them look far more motivated on stage/crowd far more responsive, finally ticked Slow Readers Club off the list (who sounded excellent musically but were a bit flat live) and discovered the Lottery Winners who were a lot of fun! Really entertaining band who I would recommend checking out on their next tour. 

• Upvote 1

Managed to get tickets yesterday morning for £30 each for the day so decided to travel up. Was a good day, enjoyed Bull for a few songs when we got there, Zuzu were pretty fun too. Managed to catch all of Sea Power, Slow Readers Club (shall give those a listen), White Lies who are always pretty good live and then Pixies who have been on my bucket list for a while. 

Cant complain at only £30, would deffo go again but not sure if I would ever camp and depends on the lineup for me.