Best Live Song of All Time

Somto Unigwe Raphael

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

That Cave video makes me regret my decision to see the Pumpkins even more…

As amazing as that video is (I wasn’t there, the one I was at was Werchter the same Summer), it always sounds that good live. So if you haven’t seen it before I’m sure you’ll get chance at a festival soon enough.

Hoping they do a similar thing to 2013 and stick him on before Taylor Swift next year.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The 23 minute long live version of The Man Don't Give A Fuck

Loved the Furries in 2015. Only turned up as there was nothing else I wanted to see and I only knew 3 or 4 songs, but I was transfixed.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

My Glastonbury dream is to witness this one on the Pyramid 

Great tune. They’re definitely one of the best choices Glasto could get to headline nowadays. Hopefully they do it soon.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

As amazing as that video is (I wasn’t there, the one I was at was Werchter the same Summer), it always sounds that good live. So if you haven’t seen it before I’m sure you’ll get chance at a festival soon enough.

Hoping they do a similar thing to 2013 and stick him on before Taylor Swift next year.

Never seen Cave, he's one of those acts that always seems to escape me. Had a ticket for his O2 run a couple of years ago but the pandemic put pay to that.

I know he's at APE on the Sunday this year but I've got a day ticket for Reading on the Saturday and haven't ruled out the National at APE on the Friday. Think another gig that weekend might be too much.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Never seen Cave, he's one of those acts that always seems to escape me. Had a ticket for his O2 run a couple of years ago but the pandemic put pay to that.

I know he's at APE on the Sunday this year but I've got a day ticket for Reading on the Saturday and haven't ruled out the National at APE on the Friday. Think another gig that weekend might be too much.

Did he cancel that tour or postpone it?

Im tempted by the APE day but already seeing him at Prima so seems a bit of a waste. Not massive on the undercard, either.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The 23 minute long live version of The Man Don't Give A Fuck

Good call. I’ve seen the Super Furries 20+ times, and the version they did of this (on and off) from 1999 to about 2004 was always a blast. The transition from Steely Dan sampling indie singalong through to techno breakdown usually resulting in carnage. 

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Common People is a great shout. First saw them when I was 15 headlining Leeds Fest after The Strokes (who I bought the ticket for) had disappointed me. One of the best sets I’ve seen with Common People being the obvious highlight. In fact the other day I went to that weekend was closed by Knights of Cydonia.

Anyway this is my actual answer. Will never understand how huge they make it sound. First time I saw them I was stood there in awe. Brother who doesn’t remotely like him looked at me like “what the fuck was that”.

...and fuck him twice. That top hat guy in the audience is all of us. Immense. Immense. 

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Great tune. They’re definitely one of the best choices Glasto could get to headline nowadays. Hopefully they do it soon.

We've done the DM debate to death on here many times, haven't we? Worthy? Absolutely yes. Will they? I'm really not sure. Every time a tour cycle comes around I have hopes and they're soon extinguished. It's really strange as it's not like they're not a festival band. Out of everyone realistically around these days, as well as RATM, DM would be my dream headliner

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

We've done the DM debate to death on here many times, haven't we? Worthy? Absolutely yes. Will they? I'm really not sure. Every time a tour cycle comes around I have hopes and they're soon extinguished. It's really strange as it's not like they're not a festival band. Out of everyone realistically around these days, as well as RATM, DM would be my dream headliner

Yep, I think there’s somebody on here who knows Dave Gahan’s brother or something and says they always turn it down.

I’m assuming it’s the money thing but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them end up doing it one year. We need Enjoy the Silence on the Pyramid.

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yep, I think there’s somebody on here who knows Dave Gahan’s brother or something and says they always turn it down.

I’m assuming it’s the money thing but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them end up doing it one year. We need Enjoy the Silence on the Pyramid.

Yeah, I saw any rumour of it happening in 2022 being abruptly shut down by his brother on Twitter last year. The closest I think we got was in 2009 when there were strong hints circulating that they were going to do it, then backed off

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, I saw any rumour of it happening in 2022 being abruptly shut down by his brother on Twitter last year. The closest I think we got was in 2009 when there were strong hints circulating that they were going to do it, then backed off

I wasn’t around these parts in 2009 but I remember them being part of the initial trio Neil had for 2014 (along with Elbow and Fleetwood Mac, I think). I can’t remember if those acts were supposed to be actually in line to headline or just who Glasto wanted.

Seemed weird anyway as they’d just done Euro fests early Summer in 2013 and did nothing in Summer 2014.

Then the next time they did Euro fests in 2018 was Glasto’s fallow year.

6 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I wasn’t around these parts in 2009 but I remember them being part of the initial trio Neil had for 2014 (along with Elbow and Fleetwood Mac, I think). I can’t remember if those acts were supposed to be actually in line to headline or just who Glasto wanted.

Seemed weird anyway as they’d just done Euro fests early Summer in 2013 and did nothing in Summer 2014.

Then the next time they did Euro fests in 2018 was Glasto’s fallow year.

Whispers of a new album due this year with a touring cycle next. Got to be 2023/24 or bust, I think

3 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Common People is a great shout. First saw them when I was 15 headlining Leeds Fest after The Strokes (who I bought the ticket for) had disappointed me. One of the best sets I’ve seen with Common People being the obvious highlight. 

I thought Strokes headlined after Pulp?

Jealous - I've watched that Pulp gig on YouTube 20+ times. One of my all-time favourite go-to's on a solitary Friday evening drink sesh. Sunrise and Underwear are breathtaking. Well, the whole gig, really.